[ROM][ZIP] Nookie Comb 0.4.13!!! (Froyo-based) Updated 4/13/2011
I'm still relatively new to developing, and this is just my first start getting my feet wet (My very first ROM). Anyway... here it is:
Welcome to Nookie Comb!
This ROM is based off of Nookie Froyo 0.6.8, thanks to Cicada and the Nook devs for all of their awesome work.
To be clear, I may or may not be entirely speedy on updates, but I will do as I can as time goes on.
I highly recommend using a Clockworkmod 18.104.22.168 SD card
to flash this zip, as that's what I've been using and haven't tested any others.
As for the ROM, I think phiredrop says it best:
I am not responsible for any damages you may encounter (though you probably won’t). This is a Clockwork flashable zip only. It WILL erase your internal memory. Please make the necessary backups.
- Includes latest force status bar hack for Honeycomb like experience!!! (Force with Status Bar Toggle)(Thanks brianf21!!)
- Choose between OC kernel or stock
- Based on Nookie Froyo 0.6.8
- Implements brianf21 and samuelhalff's bottom status bar implementation.
- Altered the status bar and notification items to Honeycomb style positions
- Customized LauncherPro v0.8.3 (based on s23's original version here)
- Honeycomb Lockscreen Clock Font
- Accurate Honeycomb Battery mod
- Theming based on wretchedlocket and valle mod's themes
- Honeybee boot animation
- Gapps included
- Notion Ink Keyboard (AWESOME!)
- Honeycomb Clock Free
- Honeycomb Music 3.0 apk
- Notion Ink Canvas, E-mail, and Quickoffice included from here
- NookColor UMS
- Nookie-Froyo Utils to force/unforce statusbar at boot
- Status Bar Toggle to force/unforce on the fly
- QuickDesk Application to adjust the statusbar while within any application
Probably more stuff but that's all I recall
NOTE: Flash with the latest ClockworkMod Recovery/via ClockworkMod Recovery SD
or standard Clockwork Recovery 22.214.171.124. This version is fully compatible with any Clockwork used for Nookie Froyo 0.6.8 (see the Nookie Froyo page here
Troubleshooting and Notes [Updated 4/13/11]
- Copy "NookieCombvXXX.zip" to the root of your SD
- Place SD in nook and power on
- Format SYSTEM, DATA and CACHE (You do not need to wipe if coming from a previous version!)
- Flash Nookie Comb
- Once finished flashing, unmount your sdcard, remove from the slot and reboot.
- Give your nook a few minutes to stabilize on first boot. Choose LauncherPro initially as your first action. You will have to adjust your softkeys settings to remove the little floating guy in the case you launch Softkeys, as well as want to set up how your button activate each launcher.
- Once stable, I recommend a reboot. Helps prevent any issues.
- You should be able to sign in to market right off the bat.
- I highly recommend using my launcherpro_backup setting in the link below. This hides a few unusable apps, as well as sets up your home screen rows/columns and colors. To install, just unzip the launchepro_backup.zip to the root of your sdcard. Hit the menu button, select "Preferences" in LauncherPro, then "Restore Backup"
- That's it!
- Flash: Most likely you installed over a previous Nookie Froyo or other ROM and decided not to do a full wipe, which is ok, except that your flash data and dalvik-cache exist from your old Flash install. Just uninstall flash, and reinstall from market
- SD Card and Gallery: If you're having these issues,just visit settings, unmount SD, and mount again. Don't assume you can simply unplug and plug it back in. Even though it may look already mounted, doing it this way should fix those issues
- Won't wake from sleep: This seems to have been associated with hot plugging the SD card before putting the Nook to sleep. Might only be associated with the OC kernel (thanks to arrjaytea)
- You can optionally force your statusbar to be always on using Status Bar Toggle. This app is brought to you by brianf21!
- It's recommended to set QuickDesk as your Launcher, then select LauncherPro within it. This way, double-tapping the hard home key will bring up the quick desk application while in any other application. You can put the Status Bar Toggle app here to toggle at any time
- You can select the NI keyboard by holding your finger over a text box, selecting Input Method -> NI Keyboard
- You can switch the symbols and caps by just double tapping the shift or fn keys. Symbol key is better than fn
- Normal Android keyboard is still included in case you don't want the NI keyboard.
-Compatible with Froyo based kernels.
-Highly recommend downloading Desktop Visualizer from the market and using the HoneyComb Icons pack below to create Honeycomb-like widgets!!
Still in works
Got everything mostly fixed... hmmmm...
NookieComb OC Edition v0.4.13.zip
NookieComb OC Edition v0.4.2.zip
NookieComb OC Edition v0.4.1.zip
Launcher Pro Settings
(Makes the homescreens PRETTY, more rows columns, removes launcherpro default look, hides unusable apps,
Highly recommended, unzip folder to root of sd, then go into LauncherPro Preferences, Restore Backup)
Other optional stuff
Honeycomb wallpapers re-packed for Nook Color
Honey Comb Icons for Desktop Visualizer (DL from Market)
- Added and modified brianf21's Status bar toggle application with new icons
- Added QuickDesk Launcher application (set this guy as default). This will allow you to toggle the status bar within any other application by double tapping the hard home button. You can set LauncherPro from within QuickDesk
- Replaced NookColorUtils with Nookie-Froyo Utils
- Adjusted a few font colors for readability. Less black on black
- Removed MIUI Music .apk
- Added new Honeycomb/Gingerbread Music.apk. (Hide Jumper test using my new launcherpro_backup.zip)
- Removed my April Fool's day joke
- Updated init.rc in uRamdisk to mount the internal 5.0GB storage to /media. You can access this using a file manager
- Moved the notification icons and notification toggle button to the right.
- Changed the notification toggle button to a big freakin' "i" inside a circle. Looks secksy.
- Adjusted a few more font colors for better readability in some situations
- Changed OC version to the version recommended above. This is not dalgrin's latest, but fixes all those wifi and related issues using his newer kernel
- Added back stock Email application
- Added a little something extra...
- Included Overclocked version with dalingrin's OC kernel and in addition non-overclocked version
- Updated Fonts colors!
- Includes 3/31 Statusbar hack from brianf21. You can now force statusbar people!
- Made the statusbar a little smaller (36dip)
- Reduced size of progress and seekbars. They should look a little more sexy now...
- Added NookColorUtils to allow users the ability to enable/disable statusbar always on
- All I can think of now
wretchedlocket (huge thanks!)
brianf21 (huge thanks!)
If you like my work, you can buy me a drink!