Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,740,095 Members 40,743 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Setup Exchange Email

Tip us?

hiwass
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default Setup Exchange Email

Hi,

I'm having trouble getting the G Tablet to connect to exchange. Went the manual mode, put in my username (with and without domain name) and email address (they're different) and the server. Chose ActiveSync, after "Checking incoming server settings..." i got error about authentication failed. I checked the credentials (owa & iphone are working fine using the same credentials), played with all the ssl options but still not connecting. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Thanks

hungarianhc
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Well, the bad news is that I can't help you.... yet. The good news is that my gtablet arrives today, and one of the first things I'll be doing is setting up exchange! I'll report back.

LucasMN
Old
Thanks Meter 24
You say that you have tried all the SSL options, but for me to get it to work I had to not use any SSL (Even though we have SSL on the mail server).

Also, for username I had to put domain\username, otherwise it wouldn't work. Maybe search for another exchange clien and see if you can log in using that?

hiwass
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by LucasMN View Post
You say that you have tried all the SSL options, but for me to get it to work I had to not use any SSL (Even though we have SSL on the mail server).

Also, for username I had to put domain\username, otherwise it wouldn't work. Maybe search for another exchange clien and see if you can log in using that?
I also tried it without any SSL and did use domain\username to no avail. I put in a ticket with my school but haven't received any reply, not sure if there's anything they can do since it works fine on iphone/ipad.

genei.09
Old
Thanks Meter 4
I would try another client. Touchdown has the most features and flexibility of all the exchange clients for mobiles. It also has a free trial.

bnovak
Old
Thanks Meter 7
is it your own exchange server, or a corporate?

I know on our system, we have to use an external webserver for any device that isn't our corporate laptop. If you are trying to use the same one as your PC, it might not work as the MAC won't be accepted by the actual server.

Also, if you have a blackberry, you CAN'T use the exchange settings from that either as there is an intermediary server for BBS.

Check with your IT folks....my guess is that there is something like

ext.yourcompany.com for the server.

BN