How to Root and Unlock the Google Nexus 6 on a Mac – XDA TV

In the past, XDA Developer TV Producer droidmodd3rx has shown you how to … more

Set Up Your MediaTek Device with Comprehensive Beginner’s Guide

As can be seen with the use of MediaTek chips in Android One devices … more

Sony Updates AOSP Sources to Android 5.0.1

Just a few days ago, Sony did an utterly fantastic job by pushing out numerous device trees for … more

Stop Your Screen From Turning Off with KeepItOn

We all know the feeling of reading a news article orrather longdocument, when our screen … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

Setup Exchange Email

OP hiwass

31st March 2011, 05:10 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

4 posts
Hi,

I'm having trouble getting the G Tablet to connect to exchange. Went the manual mode, put in my username (with and without domain name) and email address (they're different) and the server. Chose ActiveSync, after "Checking incoming server settings..." i got error about authentication failed. I checked the credentials (owa & iphone are working fine using the same credentials), played with all the ssl options but still not connecting. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Thanks
31st March 2011, 06:31 PM   |  #2  

39 posts
More
Well, the bad news is that I can't help you.... yet. The good news is that my gtablet arrives today, and one of the first things I'll be doing is setting up exchange! I'll report back.
31st March 2011, 06:57 PM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 31

104 posts
You say that you have tried all the SSL options, but for me to get it to work I had to not use any SSL (Even though we have SSL on the mail server).

Also, for username I had to put domain\username, otherwise it wouldn't work. Maybe search for another exchange clien and see if you can log in using that?
31st March 2011, 08:49 PM   |  #4  
OP Junior Member

4 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by LucasMN

You say that you have tried all the SSL options, but for me to get it to work I had to not use any SSL (Even though we have SSL on the mail server).

Also, for username I had to put domain\username, otherwise it wouldn't work. Maybe search for another exchange clien and see if you can log in using that?

I also tried it without any SSL and did use domain\username to no avail. I put in a ticket with my school but haven't received any reply, not sure if there's anything they can do since it works fine on iphone/ipad.
31st March 2011, 10:29 PM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 4

50 posts
I would try another client. Touchdown has the most features and flexibility of all the exchange clients for mobiles. It also has a free trial.
1st April 2011, 10:46 PM   |  #6  
Houston,Tx
Thanks Meter: 7

60 posts
More
is it your own exchange server, or a corporate?

I know on our system, we have to use an external webserver for any device that isn't our corporate laptop. If you are trying to use the same one as your PC, it might not work as the MAC won't be accepted by the actual server.

Also, if you have a blackberry, you CAN'T use the exchange settings from that either as there is an intermediary server for BBS.

Check with your IT folks....my guess is that there is something like

ext.yourcompany.com for the server.

BN
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread