Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
View Poll Results: Do you think the dialer needs to be redone?
No way the dialer is simple and awesome! 115 22.12%
Whatever you think looks good I am going with. 134 25.77%
Yes its boring! 175 33.65%
This theme rules period! 96 18.46%
Voters: 520. You may not vote on this poll

[Theme Engine][XHDPI/HDPI] Mixer Theme CM9-CM10/10.1 On Play Store.Updated 5/26/2013

OP MrDSL

30th May 2012, 03:11 PM   |  #3041  
Flag Jax and The DMV
Thanks Meter: 659

3,212 posts
Donate to Me
More
amazing work DSL

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus
30th May 2012, 04:01 PM   |  #3042  
Flag Mountain View, CA
Thanks Meter: 340

210 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrDSL

haha I did get a laugh out of that...i rarely check my mail..

I am going to have to agree with you though..I was able to adjust the clock and battery to match but no matter what i do i cant force the icons on the left to match..So while the right I can get to match and look good it makes the left even more noticable.

So its back to the way it was before.

Any word on fixing that pixel alignment issue? I mentioned it a few posts ago - when the wifi icon is present (and no data is being sent/received) everything is pixel perfect. When the icon changes to represent data being sent/received (the arrows at the bottom left/right) the wifi icon (and the radio signal icon, too) shift up 1 pixel until the data rx/tx stops. This is present in 0.0.9 PCB, 0.1.0 on the market, and the test version you posted for me to try on Monday about the wifi state change fix.

The radio signal icon also does it with wifi disabled by itself - when it gets the star/spot/lense flair/whatever you call that effect, it shifts the whole icon up 1 pixel until the data tx/rx stops at which point it shifts back down to align properly.

Upon closer inspection, I also think the alarm clock icon would look better if it was shifted down 1 pixel too. Currently, at least in 0.0.9 PCB, it aligns with the top of the "H" in the radio signal icon, and the legs of the alarm clock are 1 pixel higher than the base of the radio icon bars. I think it would look better if you aligned the icons at the bottom, by moving the alarm clock 1 pixel down on the icon canvas. (Did I mention I'm anal? :P )

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
Last edited by PhaseBurn; 30th May 2012 at 04:14 PM.
30th May 2012, 04:17 PM   |  #3043  
OP Recognized Themer
Thanks Meter: 2,534

7,174 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhaseBurn

Any word on fixing that pixel alignment issue? I mentioned it a few posts ago - when the wifi icon is present (and no data is being sent/received) everything is pixel perfect. When the icon changes to represent data being sent/received (the arrows at the bottom left/right) the wifi icon (and the radio signal icon, too) shift up 1 pixel until the data rx/tx stops. This is present in 0.0.9 PCB, 0.1.0 on the market, and the test version you posted for me to try on Monday about the wifi state change fix.

The radio signal icon also does it with wifi disabled by itself - when it gets the star/spot/lense flair/whatever you call that effect, it shifts the whole icon up 1 pixel until the data tx/rx stops at which point it shifts back down to align properly.

Upon closer inspection, I also think the alarm clock icon would look better if it was shifted down 1 pixel too. Currently, at least in 0.0.9 PCB, it aligns with the top of the "H" in the radio signal icon, and the legs of the alarm clock are 1 pixel higher than the base of the radio icon bars. I think it would look better if you aligned the icons at the bottom, by moving the alarm clock 1 pixel down on the icon canvas. (Did I mention I'm anal? :P )

Actually I havent figured that out yet but I do have an idea on what may fix it...Its hard for me to troubleshoot it cause I dont have a HDPI device to test it on..

Eevn switching my phone to 240 dpi it still wont do it but as you know my screen size is far from standard..

I'm gonna try to resize those signal icons to 28x28 and drop them in HDPI folder and that should fix it since it doesnt do it for me at 38x38 in XHDPI.
30th May 2012, 04:28 PM   |  #3044  
Flag Mountain View, CA

210 posts
Donate to Me
More
Actually, your Note and my Galaxy Nexus are both XHDPI devices. I have no idea if it's happening on non-XHDPI devices at all. I do have one I could set up to test with if you'd like, but I'm seeing this on XHDPI.

30th May 2012, 04:54 PM   |  #3045  
OP Recognized Themer
Thanks Meter: 2,534

7,174 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhaseBurn

Actually, your Note and my Galaxy Nexus are both XHDPI devices. I have no idea if it's happening on non-XHDPI devices at all. I do have one I could set up to test with if you'd like, but I'm seeing this on XHDPI.

that actually makes it harder for me to figure out haha...i have no way of reproducing it except having you run it..

Anyone on HDPI have the signal icons move a bit when using data?
30th May 2012, 06:38 PM   |  #3046  
Thanks Meter: 49

1,521 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrDSL

that actually makes it harder for me to figure out haha...i have no way of reproducing it except having you run it..

Anyone on HDPI have the signal icons move a bit when using data?

Mine don't move... I just get the white dot that moves on data, and the little arrows on either side of the wifi icon. But the icons themselves don't move at all. G2x and HD2
30th May 2012, 06:39 PM   |  #3047  
Flag Mindanao
Thanks Meter: 15

211 posts
More
Thank you for this theme , this is always been one of my favorites.
30th May 2012, 07:07 PM   |  #3048  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Austin
Thanks Meter: 1,331

2,020 posts
Donate to Me
More
I have hdpi and when my network, sprint is on it seems fine...seems to move a little while when my wifi is on or another dot pops up for a second and goes away but its barely noticeable

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2
30th May 2012, 07:53 PM   |  #3049  
Flag Red Bluff, California
Thanks Meter: 2,293

5,848 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffro64

Mine don't move... I just get the white dot that moves on data, and the little arrows on either side of the wifi icon. But the icons themselves don't move at all. G2x and HD2

yep same here
30th May 2012, 10:34 PM   |  #3050  
Flag Mountain View, CA

210 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ebs512

I have hdpi and when my network, sprint is on it seems fine...seems to move a little while when my wifi is on or another dot pops up for a second and goes away but its barely noticeable

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2

It's 1 pixel - the movement couldn't possibly be any smaller, so yea it's hard to notice thankfully. Probably why it hasn't been detected for so long. Even I didn't notice it for a week or so since switching to Mixer from my old Cobalt theme...

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
awesome, cm7, mixer, theme, theme engine
Previous Thread Next Thread