Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,734,239 Members 50,346 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Ruggedized battery cover

Tip us?

_Dennis_
Old
(Last edited by _Dennis_; 1st July 2011 at 10:07 PM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 319

DONATE TO ME
Default Ruggedized battery cover

Ok so I was asked to update this post. Some of the information found throughout the thread is below:

The battery cover can be found at: cnn.cn
(thank you NoNameAtAll from this post)
The cnn.cn part is just the case, no retail packaging (ie. no media dock adapter.)

jjwatmyself in post says that you remove the insert in the car dock and it will fit the atrix with the battery cover.

digital.aaron in post has some pictures with the cover on the phone.

jjwatmyself has some pictures here.

digital.aaron says in this post: it's very different from Otterbox's rubber. It hasn't picked up any fuzz from my pocket, and I've got on fleece sweatpants. Used to be a nightmare for my 'Box'd iPhone.

Some problems people were are having, the sides are flimsy (you get used to this) and the different colors seem to have different textures.

=============OLD POST===========================
I bought the atrix from AT&T and I ordered a ruggedized battery cover from some website for $30 w/ shipping. My question is as I have neither yet, does anyone have the cover and is it good? Does it feel like it will protect the phone a bit and help hold the phone in the hand?

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk
Current device:
AT&T S4 with Wanam lite 1.1
Previous Device:
T-mobile Samsung Galaxy Note 2 unlocked via *#197328640# menu (T-mobile service sucked, and customer care could not figure out how to do anything)
Verizon Samsung Galaxy Nexus(hated battery life & verizon's customer service and CDMA)
Verizon Samsung Stratosphere (loved keyboard, hated processor)
Motorola Atrix 4G (AT&T version)
Softbank X06HT (HTC Desire)
Google Nexus One (I broke a few resistors on the Motherboard)
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to _Dennis_ For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

goscrewsir
Old
Thanks Meter 5
I'd be interested in this too. Asked a while back and it seemed no one has tried them, because there were no responses. I don't want to spend $30 on one if it feels cheap or doesn't fit right

Sent from my MB860 using XDA Premium App

_Dennis_
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 319

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by goscrewsir View Post
I'd be interested in this too. Asked a while back and it seemed no one has tried them, because there were no responses. I don't want to spend $30 on one if it feels cheap or doesn't fit right

Sent from my MB860 using XDA Premium App

Well, if no one else has tried I already ordered it so when I get both phone and cover in I will update this thread. It might be a while as I am stationed in Japan so my mom will be sending me the phone Tuesday or Wednesday and it may take a week or two to get here.
Current device:
Previous Device:
T-mobile Samsung Galaxy Note 2 unlocked via *#197328640# menu (T-mobile service sucked, and customer care could not figure out how to do anything)
Verizon Samsung Galaxy Nexus(hated battery life & verizon's customer service and CDMA)

_Dennis_
Old
(Last edited by _Dennis_; 3rd April 2011 at 08:57 AM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 319

DONATE TO ME
oh by the way I ordered mine from After market Cellular. Anyone have any dealings with them, are they honest?

This is the specific one I bought:
http://www.aftermarketcellular.com/ic/89490N.html
Current device:
Previous Device:

phaijai
Old
Thanks Meter 2
I've been looking at one of these batter covers but several sites that I have checked show an estimated ship date or out of stock. Have you received a shipping confirmation for the battery cover yet?

a320ca
Old
Thanks Meter 2
These are rubberized battery covers and thus replace the stock plastic cover. They are from Motorola and are rumored to be out about April 15th. This is why several places show "out of stock", because they aren't out yet.
The Following User Says Thank You to a320ca For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

_Dennis_
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 319

DONATE TO ME
I have not recieved a shipping confermation, but the store was not showing them as out of stock r estimated shipping date. Now that a320ca said they are nto supposed to be out until the 15th I am worried that the store is a sham because it never told me that.
Current device:
Previous Device:

phaijai
Old
Thanks Meter 2
FYI, I just called them and they said they are out of stock of the Blue one. She asked if I wanted her to check stock on the Green one but I already knew what the answer would be. Store doesn't appear to be a sham but then again, you might want to look into your order if are expecting it sooner than later.

noxlord
Old
Thanks Meter 25
I hope there will be pictures of the cover when people get them. I an intensely eyeballing the green one.

digital.aaron
Old
Thanks Meter 5
I've also ordered one, from 123cellsupply.com.

I don't have a shipping confirmation yet, either. I've put in several emails to find out the status, but no response yet.