Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,741,979 Members 45,766 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Requests

Tip us?

trailblazer101
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 292

DONATE TO ME
Smile [Q] Requests

I guess this thread can be a simple way for us to ask one of the devs the difficulty of a specific task that they may want completed... Not really demanding it or anything, but just seeing if it is possible/probable

So, may i ask just how hard it would be to port the "ClockworkMod Recovery (3/30/11 Bugfix)" from the fascinate to the continuum? i am just curious, because i spend a decent amount of time in ClockWork just backing up and such, and that looks niceee

Also, kinda going along with the other request, is there a way to get the kernel that had CWM built into it working without the video problems when entering CWM?

Lastly, the Reboot Options... I hope that we can get that working too

Thank you again Devs for looking at our phones And we appreciate all you do for us

nitsuj17
Old
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 17053

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by trailblazer101 View Post
I guess this thread can be a simple way for us to ask one of the devs the difficulty of a specific task that they may want completed... Not really demanding it or anything, but just seeing if it is possible/probable

So, may i ask just how hard it would be to port the "ClockworkMod Recovery (3/30/11 Bugfix)" from the fascinate to the continuum? i am just curious, because i spend a decent amount of time in ClockWork just backing up and such, and that looks niceee

Also, kinda going along with the other request, is there a way to get the kernel that had CWM built into it working without the video problems when entering CWM?

Lastly, the Reboot Options... I hope that we can get that working too

Thank you again Devs for looking at our phones And we appreciate all you do for us
i know imnuts is working on reboot options for ya....as for the rest...hopefully

remotehunger
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Default rooting

Also if ive tried all unroot / root Fashions available does this mean my phone is unrootable? and how do you know if you have root i know on my hero it changed a version number on my continuum it didnt change anything but insisted on saying i had root access when i know i did not. because i did not have access when i tried to install the clockwork recovery posted by adryn

imnuts
Old
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 2969

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by nitsuj17 View Post
i know imnuts is working on reboot options for ya....as for the rest...hopefully
I need to find a time one of you themers are online in IRC to try and get that fixed. All of my attempts have resulted in them not working so far. I think the issue is in android.policy.jar as that is what I've been able to capture as the issue with logcat.

Also, I'm working on fixing recovery for you guys and just posted a topic so you can pick the color you want it to be.
Setup a Development Environment
Setup and Use the Android SDK
Stock Odin Restore files

You can find the answer to all of your questions right here. If that doesn't work, then try this or this
The Following User Says Thank You to imnuts For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

trailblazer101
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 292

DONATE TO ME
Can't wait until all of this comes into motion
Thanks again man!