Shattered Screen? Turn Your Broken Device into a Complete Media Center!

A cracked screen usually means you’ll have to spend a hefty … more

Gmail 5.0: Material Design and Multiple Account Support

Google started to materialize many of its applications right after announcing the … more

Some of Our Favorite Features in Android 5.0 Lollipop

Android 5.0 Lollipop is the latest major revision to Google’s mobile operating … more

Sony SmartEyeglass SDK Developer Preview Released

A little over a month ago in Tokyo, Japan, Sony unveiled its new SmartEyeglasstechnology. … more

HTC Stylus

OP J_Mod45

3rd April 2011, 06:03 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

13 posts
I wear gloves quite a bit, and it gets annoying having to take them off just to read a text or unlock my phone. I have seen an HTC stylus on amazon.com, and i'm curious if anyone has tried one. Is there any other capacitive styli out there that someone has used?
3rd April 2011, 09:56 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 82

320 posts
More
There are a few companies out there making gloves specifically for use with capacitive touchscreens, I think one of them was called Dots. Might wanna check that out I'll see if I can find a link quick.

EDIT: Scratch that don't buy new gloves, DIY FTW! http://www.instructables.com/id/Maki...-Touch-Screen/
4th April 2011, 01:55 AM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member

13 posts
That thought had crossed my mind, and I may try and work something out, but a stylus would probably be a better way to go for me.
4th April 2011, 03:12 AM   |  #4  
Flag Fox Valley
Thanks Meter: 9

229 posts
More
I'm pretty sure the HTC Flyer (or Evo View or whatever you want to call it) uses a capacitive stylus. I feel like typing on the phone with a stylus would be much worse than using something like gloves+swype/swiftkey/etc, unless you use the hardware keyboard. Why not just hold off for now? Spring/summer is more or less here (for most of us at least), so why not just wait and use the summer to figure out what you like/want to use? Will give you some time to become accustomed to gloves if you go that route.
4th April 2011, 04:16 AM   |  #5  
OP Junior Member

13 posts
I live in south texas, pretty much never need gloves for warmth. lol. I wear gloves all the time for my motorcycle though (guess i should have mentioned that earlier). I just want to get something i could unlock the screen and type ok or something quick without having to take my goves off.

I'm sure the htc one would work fine, but reviews out there are scare for it. I'm a little curious how well it would work through my "invisible sheild" screen protector.
24th March 2012, 03:42 PM   |  #6  
Thanks Meter: 2

29 posts
More
ever since Draw Something came out, i definitely now need a stylus lol. who knows of which ones work?? will Nintendo DS ones work and things like that?
24th March 2012, 09:44 PM   |  #7  
BRIDGEPORT CT
Thanks Meter: 29

120 posts
More
I tried a couple diff stylus and nothing worked for me and the shift..

Sent from my PG06100 using Tapatalk
27th March 2012, 07:34 AM   |  #8  
Flag Upstate, NY
Thanks Meter: 656

1,345 posts
Donate to Me
just make one with a bit of thin wire, a piece of sponge and a bic pen. it works
27th March 2012, 07:32 PM   |  #9  
Thanks Meter: 559

1,879 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcbride731

ever since Draw Something came out, i definitely now need a stylus lol. who knows of which ones work?? will Nintendo DS ones work and things like that?

Just tried my 3ds and it didn't work
30th March 2012, 05:13 AM   |  #10  
Flag Walnut Creek, CA
Thanks Meter: 21

282 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by YoungCorruptionV2.0

Just tried my 3ds and it didn't work

Those kinds of styli don't work on these phones.
The DS works on pressure. You can use literally anything on the DS as long as you are forcing the touch screen down. These phones are capacitive.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread