Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,808,448 Members 40,435 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

HTC Stylus

Tip us?

J_Mod45
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default HTC Stylus

I wear gloves quite a bit, and it gets annoying having to take them off just to read a text or unlock my phone. I have seen an HTC stylus on amazon.com, and i'm curious if anyone has tried one. Is there any other capacitive styli out there that someone has used?

HTCotta
Old
Thanks Meter 82
There are a few companies out there making gloves specifically for use with capacitive touchscreens, I think one of them was called Dots. Might wanna check that out I'll see if I can find a link quick.

EDIT: Scratch that don't buy new gloves, DIY FTW! http://www.instructables.com/id/Maki...-Touch-Screen/

J_Mod45
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
That thought had crossed my mind, and I may try and work something out, but a stylus would probably be a better way to go for me.

SirRipo
Old
Thanks Meter 9
I'm pretty sure the HTC Flyer (or Evo View or whatever you want to call it) uses a capacitive stylus. I feel like typing on the phone with a stylus would be much worse than using something like gloves+swype/swiftkey/etc, unless you use the hardware keyboard. Why not just hold off for now? Spring/summer is more or less here (for most of us at least), so why not just wait and use the summer to figure out what you like/want to use? Will give you some time to become accustomed to gloves if you go that route.

J_Mod45
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
I live in south texas, pretty much never need gloves for warmth. lol. I wear gloves all the time for my motorcycle though (guess i should have mentioned that earlier). I just want to get something i could unlock the screen and type ok or something quick without having to take my goves off.

I'm sure the htc one would work fine, but reviews out there are scare for it. I'm a little curious how well it would work through my "invisible sheild" screen protector.

mcbride731
Old
Thanks Meter 2
ever since Draw Something came out, i definitely now need a stylus lol. who knows of which ones work?? will Nintendo DS ones work and things like that?

obe1kobe
Old
Thanks Meter 29
I tried a couple diff stylus and nothing worked for me and the shift..

Sent from my PG06100 using Tapatalk

-somebody-
Old
Thanks Meter 655

DONATE TO ME
just make one with a bit of thin wire, a piece of sponge and a bic pen. it works
HTC Evo Shift 4G (Sprint)
Droid X (Verizon)
Droid 3 (Verizon)
Galaxy S 3 (Verizon)
B&N Nook Color

YoungCorruptionV2.0
Old
Thanks Meter 559
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcbride731 View Post
ever since Draw Something came out, i definitely now need a stylus lol. who knows of which ones work?? will Nintendo DS ones work and things like that?
Just tried my 3ds and it didn't work
Young Corruption's Music is BACK!!!
NEW
Take me away Song ends at 3:05. It will never cut where i want it to O.o makes the songs freaky because of that

Break Free

Oldish
True Story <-- did it more like an Alter-Ego type of song

Better Than Beyond(Cypher)<--- just submitted

Going Ham Featuring Gibbsy

I don't always ask for a THANKS, but when I do, I ask you to only hit it when I've helped you

doratheconquistadora
Old
Thanks Meter 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by YoungCorruptionV2.0 View Post
Just tried my 3ds and it didn't work
Those kinds of styli don't work on these phones.
The DS works on pressure. You can use literally anything on the DS as long as you are forcing the touch screen down. These phones are capacitive.