[TOOL] 11/Nov r2: BackToEXT3 - for converting your device, er, back to EXT3

Search This thread

cmahendra

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Jan 20, 2012
Mumbai
You don't need that. CWM automatically converts from ext3 to ext4 (if the backup is ext4), but not the other way round.

@TrymHansen
Thanks a lot sir. You relieved me from the suspicion and tention. From next time I will be more confident while restoring backup with ext4 partition. Thanks again...:)

henk_j

Dec 19, 2010
musselkanaal
hi Paul,

I am trying to install a cm9 rom and Although i do a full wipe it seems that the wipe isnt complete is there something so different in android4.0 partitioning or are there different partitions besides ext3/ext4. is there a zip that definatly wipes all partitions used by ext3/ext4 it seems that the first install of any cm9 Rom is the cleanest. it doesnt Mather how i wipe but it seems to remember or leave something behind of the previous install. back to ext3 didnt do the trick. youre knowledge is needed in a way i always run into you and i did some Phones and brands. anny suggestions? o2x cwm 5.0.2.7 coming from cm 7.2 temaseks trying to install 9.0 rc0 in various tastes.

Nov 8, 2011
Rune Midgard
Thanks man...it worked like a charm. Thanks god i finally find u're thread. My O2X goes bootloop after installing opti3d from indroid. I'm noob so hasnt understand about ext3 and ext4 ROM. I guess I learn the hardest way then :p
Thanks anyway Paul 4 u're great tool. It really helped me

Top Liked Posts