Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,786,517 Members 37,115 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Windows Phone Updates, like right now......

Tip us?

LastOttoman
Old
(Last edited by LastOttoman; 5th April 2011 at 04:20 PM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 190

DONATE TO ME
Default Windows Phone Updates, like right now......

Disclaimer, use this at your own risk, if this voids your warranty I’m not being held responsible, blah blah all that junk.

Well, first, thanks go out for Microsoft for releasing a support tool for Windows Phone yesterday. Inside that tool, were unreal hidden gems.

Basically they’ve created a managed wrapper over the whole update process for us, rather nice of them.

So I flashed my HTC Mozart back to RTM (7004) via a ROM update HTC ship and whipped up a little application to flash pre-NoDo (7008), NoDo (7355), NoDo update 1 (7389) & NoDo update 2 (7390) all in a single process. No I don’t care which carrier you are on, which phone you have, it’ll just update your phone accordingly.

We really have to commend Microsoft here for being able to split up the OS updates into differential packs, which saves users downloading 200+ MB updates, unlike the IFruit updates.

All you need to do is run the ChevronWP7.Updater.exe console app and follow the prompts.

Make sure you select the RIGHT language for your device. To double check what your default language is, go to Settings > Keyboard and if your selected language is displayed in the Console app, you’re good to select it. If it isn’t in the list, DON’T flash it just yet.

Now, download the following files.

x86 Operating System (32 bit)

Windows Phone Support Tools
http://download.microsoft.com/downlo...rtTool-x86.msi
ChevronWP7.Updater
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=G1OEGML1

x64 Operating System (64 bit)

http://download.microsoft.com/downlo...Tool-amd64.msi

ChevronWP7.Updater
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=40MA6F02

Once you’ve installed the support tools and extracted the ChevronWP7.Updater.zip to the desktop, plug your phone in and wait 30 seconds.

Now start ChevronWP7.Updater.exe (this should kill Zune) and follow the prompts.

If you’re updating from Version 7004, you need to run the Updater TWICE, this needs the preUpdate before we can flash NoDo.

Again, if your language isn’t in the Chevron updater, DON’T attempt to update your phone. Some of the applications won’t work otherwise.

This “might” work for HD2 owners, haven’t tried it out just yet. If it does, report below and tell me .

There is NO revert process, again, flash at your own risk.

I flashed my Samsung Omnia 7 works fine
Big Tenks to walshie
The Following User Says Thank You to LastOttoman For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

ys8574
Old
(Last edited by ys8574; 4th April 2011 at 06:26 PM.)
Thanks Meter 1
If I do so like you suggest with my HD2 (WP 7.0.7004.0), he still asks to update the february update..
And I did it twice like suggested...

Thanks anyway!

ys8574
Old
Thanks Meter 1
It doesn't work for me but I still have to install the February update. Does anyone know if there is already a new rom with this update included?
Thx!

enjoythemusic
Old
Thanks Meter 6
Works for me, Samsung Focus AT+T and had to run it twice to get both updates.
Enjoy the Music,

Steven
Radio Shack Nokia CT-300, Motorola 8000H, iDen GSM, Motorola MPx220, Palm Pilot, 3125, HP Jornada 720, HTC Fuze, Samsung Focus, Apple iPad 2, iPad 4 w/4G LTE, HTC Jetstream, Samsung Galaxy Note, Note II, Note III, Galaxy Gear Watch, Nexus 7, Nexus 10... and at least three others i have forgotten what they were(!).

JamesAllen
Old
Thanks Meter 38
Default Source

Where does this method pull the updates from? Is it the same update being tested by AT&T for the Focus?
Current Device
Nokia Lumia 900
OS Version 7.10.8862.144
Firmware Version 2175.2307.8862.13100

Prior Devices
Samsung Focus (ATT) Rev 1.3
Mango 7.10.8107.79
ChevronWP7 Labs Unlocked
Interop Unlocked
WP7 Root Tools 0.9

HTC FUZE (ATT) (HTC-P4600)(RAPH110)
Cingular 8525 WM6 Professional
Cingular 8125

AndrewakaMJ
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Didn't work for me...tried 4 times and kept getting some error, then got booted from the program...not sure what the deal is. Samsung Focus, AT&T

Sent from my SGH-i917 using Board Express

fleon888
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Also not working for me- Samsung Focus on AT&T. Program runs, reboots phone, seems to update, but on examination I'm still at 7004.

sirpwn4g3
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Sadly I should've resisted. I did this on my AT&T Samsung Focus, everything is great except I have no marketplace and no Zune functionality..

walshieau
Old
Thanks Meter 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by LastOttoman View Post
Disclaimer, use this at your own risk, if this voids your warranty Iím not being held responsible, blah blah all that junk.

Well, first, thanks go out for Microsoft for releasing a support tool for Windows Phone yesterday. Inside that tool, were unreal hidden gems.

Basically theyíve created a managed wrapper over the whole update process for us, rather nice of them.

So I flashed my HTC Mozart back to RTM (7004) via a ROM update HTC ship and whipped up a little application to flash pre-NoDo (7008), NoDo (7355), NoDo update 1 (7389) & NoDo update 2 (7390) all in a single process. No I donít care which carrier you are on, which phone you have, itíll just update your phone accordingly.

We really have to commend Microsoft here for being able to split up the OS updates into differential packs, which saves users downloading 200+ MB updates, unlike the IFruit updates.

All you need to do is run the ChevronWP7.Updater.exe console app and follow the prompts.

Make sure you select the RIGHT language for your device. To double check what your default language is, go to Settings > Keyboard and if your selected language is displayed in the Console app, youíre good to select it. If it isnít in the list, DONíT flash it just yet.

Now, download the following files.

x86 Operating System (32 bit)

http://download.microsoft.com/downlo...rtTool-x86.msi
ChevronWP7.Updater
http://blog.walshie.me/Share/ChevronWP7.Updater.x86.zip

x64 Operating System (64 bit)

http://download.microsoft.com/downlo...Tool-amd64.msi

ChevronWP7.Updater
http://blog.walshie.me/Share/ChevronWP7.Updater.x64.zip

Once youíve installed the support tools and extracted the ChevronWP7.Updater.zip to the desktop, plug your phone in and wait 30 seconds.

Now start ChevronWP7.Updater.exe (this should kill Zune) and follow the prompts.

If youíre updating from Version 7004, you need to run the Updater TWICE, this needs the preUpdate before we can flash NoDo.

Again, if your language isnít in the Chevron updater, DONíT attempt to update your phone. Some of the applications wonít work otherwise.

This ďmightĒ work for HD2 owners, havenít tried it out just yet. If it does, report below and tell me .

There is NO revert process, again, flash at your own risk.

I flashed my Samsung Omnia 7 works fine
Big Tenks to walshie
In the future, just link directly to my Blog, direct linking to the installers doesn't enable me to update them if there is an issue.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to walshieau For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

mastamind518
Old
Thanks Meter 0
so i shouldn't be doing this if i have Samsung Focus on AT&T?