5,814,720 Members 52,115 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Wifi Xoom. How do I get back to original state?

Tip us?

flipper2006
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 38
Default [Q] Wifi Xoom. How do I get back to original state?

I have a Wifi Xoom and I'm seriously thinking of returning it before my 14 days are up. It is rooted, and using the Tiamat kernel, and unlocked, how do i get this back to original way. What is the easiest way.

I really like the unit, but not to justify 600.00 with no source and no idea when source would be out. I find battery use ok, but not great, the apps are good, but i have a color nook and with NookieFroyo, and I find myself using the Nook more then Xoom. If there was Rom's etc, but at this time, we are kind of in holding pattern. Don't even know when the MicroSD will be on. Anyhow, what is the method to get everything back to normal.

Thanks
Phones ->Treo's - >Blackberry 8900 ->Blackberry 9700 ->HTC Touch Pro -> Samsung Galaxy S Vibrant -> Samsung Galaxy SII
Tablets - Nook Color -> Motorola Xoom -> Acer Iconia -> Nook Tablet (Returned) -> Transformer Prime (Exchanged For Infinity) -> Transformer Infinity (Exchanged For Galaxy Note 10.1)
Ignotus Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by flipper2006 View Post
I have a Wifi Xoom and I'm seriously thinking of returning it before my 14 days are up. It is rooted, and using the Tiamat kernel, and unlocked, how do i get this back to original way. What is the easiest way.

I really like the unit, but not to justify 600.00 with no source and no idea when source would be out. I find battery use ok, but not great, the apps are good, but i have a color nook and with NookieFroyo, and I find myself using the Nook more then Xoom. If there was Rom's etc, but at this time, we are kind of in holding pattern. Don't even know when the MicroSD will be on. Anyhow, what is the method to get everything back to normal.

Thanks
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1011196
found in the same section. just search next time and you will find it.

ggrant3876
Old
Thanks Meter 59
Quote:

Thanks
I received this in a pm this morning from stevenege, as I didn't want to root my wifi xoom until I could unroot it.

It is not un-rootable nor re-lockable as of right now, the files have not been released yet for the public. 3G yes, WiFi no :(.

It will come though, and everything will be awesome.

Note 3 - DARTHSTALKER NOTE3 ☆ | VERSiON 7
LG-G3 Rooted TWRP'ed
NotePro 12.2 64Gb

flipper2006
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 38
Right, so how do i return this? I dont think any store would notice it, but i just will a factory reset and clean everything off it? I only rooted so i could use Adfree and Titanium Backup.
Phones ->Treo's - >Blackberry 8900 ->Blackberry 9700 ->HTC Touch Pro -> Samsung Galaxy S Vibrant -> Samsung Galaxy SII
Tablets - Nook Color -> Motorola Xoom -> Acer Iconia -> Nook Tablet (Returned) -> Transformer Prime (Exchanged For Infinity) -> Transformer Infinity (Exchanged For Galaxy Note 10.1)

bwcorvus
Old
Retired Forum Moderator
Thanks Meter 352

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Right, so how do i return this? I dont think any store would notice it, but i just will a factory reset and clean everything off it? I only rooted so i could use Adfree and Titanium Backup.
Yes, factory reset, return.

Sent From My Evo
Done

BeagleBoy
Old
Thanks Meter 34

DONATE TO ME
You can unroot it, but you can't re-oem-lock it.

If you flash the wifi system.img and boot.img found elsewhere, it will be back in a freshly unlocked but not-rooted state.

-Jim

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk
Ignotus Old
Thanks Meter 0
I returned my xoom to staples because i tested a theme and bricked it. it was still rooted and they didn't ask. they just wanted my order number so they can exchange. same process with a return. they aren't going to run test to check if it is rooted. just factory and return.