XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Rooting 7" VIA WM8650 Froyo Tablet

Tip us?

vincentbingkau
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Unhappy [Q] Rooting 7" VIA WM8650 Froyo Tablet

I have a 7" VIA WM8650 Froyo 2.2 tablet (256M Ram and 2-point multi-touch panel). It is a awesome tablet because of cheap price @ HKD680

However, it don't come with official android market and It cannot use ad-hoc Wifi connection.

So, I need rooting this machine to get this access. I had tried "Z4root" and "Universal Root" still cannot root this machine!

Pls anyone can help!

noahhesse
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Smile hey use this

hey you need a costum rom
i have one costum rom for you but i it is in dutch
but you can change it to english

i give you the rom
send me a messge on noahhesse@live.nl and i sent the rom

srry for my bad english

if you need a other rom
i make one at this moment

snareplayer1993
Old
Thanks Meter 0
I need a custom rom please! And basic instruction on how to install it. I have rooted a couple of different phones but never a tablet mine is a WM8650 and it says its running android 2.2?

Marbieskarb
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by vincentbingkau View Post
I have a 7" VIA WM8650 Froyo 2.2 tablet (256M Ram and 2-point multi-touch panel). It is a awesome tablet because of cheap price @ HKD680

However, it don't come with official android market and It cannot use ad-hoc Wifi connection.

So, I need rooting this machine to get this access. I had tried "Z4root" and "Universal Root" still cannot root this machine!

Pls anyone can help!
Is the multi-touch actually a "TRUE" multi-touch meaning it can be recognized in all games that support multi-touch and not just in the internet and gallery apps?

Also, where did you get this one from?

vincentbingkau
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marbieskarb View Post
Is the multi-touch actually a "TRUE" multi-touch meaning it can be recognized in all games that support multi-touch and not just in the internet and gallery apps?

Also, where did you get this one from?

This machine come with resistive touch screen and "claimed" with 2-point multi-ouch action. Actually, it can only work on the "pinch to zoom" only! When control others multi-touch function, it doesn't work!

I buy it from computer shop in Hong Kong. But you can find it in this:
http://www.alibaba.com/product-gs/43...Tablet_Pc.html

My firmware is V.1.2.0, In a chinese forum, I find a new V.1.2.1 version ROM.
http://bbs.51szb.com/thread-20345-1-1.html
However, this ROM only workion specific mother-board (there may have over 3 types of 7" WM8650 PCB board in the market and their Rom(s) are not compatible!

I still needed to check out my machine board version before flash Rom.

Noahheesa, could you pls help me to identify my machine and then, I can make sure that the "Custom Rom" I requested is correct?? Thanks your help.

vonspyder
Old
Thanks Meter 0
I want in!

Dawg Fan
Old
Thanks Meter 2

DONATE TO ME
Try this forum. It describes the different ones. They are all called M009s. Some have Blue LED on bootup and some have Green. Some vibrate, some don't. There has been a 1.2 and a 1.2.2 ROM posted here.

http://techknow.freeforums.org/m009s...1-2-0-f91.html

dabomb697
Old
Thanks Meter 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by vincentbingkau View Post

Pls anyone can help!
Have you tried the newest superonelick?

Mr G2X
Old
Thanks Meter 1
I have been reading a lot of blogs/forums for the Wonder Media WM8650 Tablet ....I know that there are 4-5 diffrrnt tablets like this with the same specs...some have branded names on the back...some don't...some have blue LED lights on boot up and some don't...some also vibrate on boot up and some don't

Well I have a "Wonder Media WM8650 Tablet

8inch screen
Model number=Wonder Media wm8650
Android Version 2.2
Kernel version 2.6.32.9-default
Build number generic-eng 2.2 froyo v1.2.3-20110409.211203

I have a front facing camera
G-sensor
No brand name on the back
No "blue" LED light on boot up
BUT IT "DOES" VIBRATE ON BOOT UP

IS THERE ANYINE WITH ANY KNOWLEDGE OR WHO HAS THE SAME TABLET THAT CAN HELP ME WITH...ROOTING/UPDATING/FLASHING/OVERCLOCKING/UPGRADING/CUSTOM ROMS ...ETC ...TO MAKE THE TABLET PERFORM FASTER/RUN SMOOTHER/BETTER...PLEASE!!!!...OR ARE THERE ANY LINKS AVAILABLE TO HELP ME....I DONT HAVE A USB PORT ON THE TABLET SO I KNOW EVERYTHING HAS TO BE DONE THROUGH THE SD CARD...PLEASE!!!!PLEASE!!!!PLEASE!!!! HELP!!!!...THANK YOU

Sent from my LG-P999 using XDA App

Sent from my LG-P999 using XDA App

poibowl
Old
Thanks Meter 1

DONATE TO ME
i recently just purchased two 7in tablets with the same specs , took a chance and messed with one of them and was happy with the results i got, pm me and i'll give u the info if still interested, cant guarantee it'll work for u, but im happy with the results i got
Flashing on Windows 7 x64
1 AT&T tilt(since 1/29/09)T-mobile
2 T-mobile wing(since 1/6/2009)T-mobile
3 Sprint evo4g =10+ flashes
4 wm8650 7" tablet x2 = 3 flashes
5 onda vx610w 7" 4.0.3 android
6 generic 8" android 2.3 android
Wing Flashes =20 Tilt Flashes = 2, htc sensation=5, htc hd2 = 4

Tags
root, wm8650