Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,813,020 Members 54,885 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[APP][2.1+] Battery Calibration - EASIEST WAY! - Version 1.2 (10th April, 2011)

Tip us?
 
angelomaldito
Old
#501  
angelomaldito's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 69
Posts: 299
Join Date: May 2011

 
DONATE TO ME
Does it makes any difference if I'm alternating two batteries on my phone? (two samsung original GT-9100 batteries, one two months old and another brand new. In a laptop, if I'm not wrong, there's a chip inside the battery to measure its stats, I don''t think that my phone battery something like that, does it have? If the batteries are both of the same capacity and relatively new I don't need to calibrate with both batteries, right?
 
texasaggie1
Old
#502  
texasaggie1's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 5
Posts: 363
Join Date: Aug 2004

 
DONATE TO ME
Default Help! Phone will not charge or turn on!!!

Hi. I have an HTC Sensation. I used this program to calibrate after I got to 100% charge. I then unplugged the phone then ran the power out over the next several hours. Around 0% the phone died. Now when I hook it to a charger I get nothing... no lights, no charging, nothing. I've tried different chargers... nothing there either. If I take out the battery, then put it back in, then I get an orange LED light for about 5 seconds, then nothing....

Please help. Thanks
First Device: Windows CE Cassiopeia 4mb 1997.

Current Devices:
Unlocked Moto X Dev Edition
Unlocked iPhone 4S

I live with ORD.

Twitter: http://twitter.com/texasaggie1

My Tech Biz: http://mytekrescue.com
 
angelomaldito
Old
#503  
angelomaldito's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 69
Posts: 299
Join Date: May 2011

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by texasaggie1 View Post
Hi. I have an HTC Sensation. I used this program to calibrate after I got to 100% charge. I then unplugged the phone then ran the power out over the next several hours. Around 0% the phone died. Now when I hook it to a charger I get nothing... no lights, no charging, nothing. I've tried different chargers... nothing there either. If I take out the battery, then put it back in, then I get an orange LED light for about 5 seconds, then nothing....

Please help. Thanks
This is not a good sign. I've seen another similar thread http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...4#post15985764 in which a guy with a galaxy s2 is having the same problem. Run out of battery and then the phone is dead. I don't think this is related to the calibration app. I would try to do two more things before going to a service centre:

- Try charging the battery with a battery charger, without the phone, or alternatively try another battery which has charge. This because It is possible that either your phone is not charging your battery for some reason, or your battery has died, not your phone.

- Try to put the phone in download mode with a USB jig. If it works, it means your phone is not dead.

Good luck
 
maatsby
Old
#504  
maatsby's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 513
Posts: 753
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Sydney
thanks for the app, it makes things much easier.

i'm just wondering if it will help with this problem: when my phone charges, the green led comes on at 90%, then the number jumps straight to 100%. i've calibrated once with the hope that it would fix this, but it didn't change anything.

i've attaached a pic of the battery graph. it's a bit hard to see, but the graph starts to flatten out as it approaches 90, then it's a straight line up to 100

any ideas?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20110807112343.png
Views:	396
Size:	27.2 KB
ID:	679985  
 
Tunay
Old
#505  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 10
Posts: 298
Join Date: Mar 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by texasaggie1 View Post
Hi. I have an HTC Sensation. I used this program to calibrate after I got to 100% charge. I then unplugged the phone then ran the power out over the next several hours. Around 0% the phone died. Now when I hook it to a charger I get nothing... no lights, no charging, nothing. I've tried different chargers... nothing there either. If I take out the battery, then put it back in, then I get an orange LED light for about 5 seconds, then nothing....

Please help. Thanks
Do you have perma root and CMW? IT will not charge your battery when your phone is off.s
HTC Leo
ROM: 1.66.405.2 - World Wide English (WWE)
ROM Date: 01/11/10
Radio: 2.06.51.07
Manila: 2.5.19211619.0
Memory Card: 16GB SanDisk Micro SDHC
 
XuserJM
Old
#506  
XuserJM's Avatar
Member
Thanks Meter 2
Posts: 49
Join Date: Jul 2011
What minimum mv values can I expect on a Desire S battery (standard - BA S530 - 1450 mAh - 3.7V) when I discharge down to 0%?

I have tried to calibrate several times and at 0% the mv value differs from anything between 3450 mv to 3680 mv?

Additionally, is the mv value of any importance in the regard of calibrating/optimizing the battery?

Thx
 
Lownita
Old
(Last edited by Lownita; 8th August 2011 at 08:41 PM.)
#507  
Lownita's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 208
Posts: 1,548
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Germany
Hey

Do I have to reboot the phone after running calibration? Also there are a lot complicated guides on how to calibrate (e.g. http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...18&postcount=3 // http://theultralinx.com/2011/07/cali...s-battery.html). Are they really neccessary or is it enough to follow the instructions in your app?
Also when draining the battery until the phone shuts down (after deleting stats), should it be used normal or can I just run some applications to use up battery fast?

Thanks!
 
XuserJM
Old
#508  
XuserJM's Avatar
Member
Thanks Meter 2
Posts: 49
Join Date: Jul 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lownita View Post
Hey

Do I have to reboot the phone after running calibration? Also there are a lot complicated guides on how to calibrate (e.g. http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...18&postcount=3 // http://theultralinx.com/2011/07/cali...s-battery.html). Are they really neccessary or is it enough to follow the instructions in your app?
Also when draining the battery until the phone shuts down (after deleting stats), should it be used normal or can I just run some applications to use up battery fast?

Thanks!
No, it shouldn't be necessary with a reboot since only the stat.file is erased and os creates a fresh within a short time.
Regarding the method of draining the battery... I have no evidence to back this up but I believe that I see a overall better battery performance if I choose to drain with normal use instead of pushing it.
Regarding the other guides I am blank...
 
marosige
Old
#509  
marosige's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 294
Posts: 118
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Budapest
Quote:
Originally Posted by maatsby View Post
thanks for the app, it makes things much easier.

i'm just wondering if it will help with this problem: when my phone charges, the green led comes on at 90%, then the number jumps straight to 100%. i've calibrated once with the hope that it would fix this, but it didn't change anything.

i've attaached a pic of the battery graph. it's a bit hard to see, but the graph starts to flatten out as it approaches 90, then it's a straight line up to 100

any ideas?
I've never seen anything like this before. Sorry but I don't know, what the problem could be.

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk

HTC Desire HD
Android 4.0.4
ROM: IceColdSandwitch 8.1.1
UI Stock Android
Kernel: LorDmodUE
Radio: 12.65.60.29U_26.14.04.28_M
ClockworkMod Recovery: 5.0.2.0

[APP] Battery Calibration - EASIEST WAY!

Very Easy Rom, Radio Update - Flash for img and nb0 files !!!
------
Alcatel 311 -> Nokia 3120 -> SonyEriccson W550i -> Samsung SGH i900 Omnia -> HTC Desire HD
 
maatsby
Old
#510  
maatsby's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 513
Posts: 753
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Sydney
Quote:
Originally Posted by marosige View Post
I've never seen anything like this before. Sorry but I don't know, what the problem could be.

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk
No worries, thanks for the response. My battery is lasting long enough anyway at the moment so I guess I just won't worry about it.

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk

Tags
battery, batterystats.bin, calibration, debunked wives' tale, marosige, placebo, root
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes