Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[APP][2.1+] Battery Calibration - EASIEST WAY! - Version 1.2 (10th April, 2011)

OP marosige

28th July 2011, 07:49 PM   |  #501  
Thanks Meter: 69

299 posts
Donate to Me
More
Does it makes any difference if I'm alternating two batteries on my phone? (two samsung original GT-9100 batteries, one two months old and another brand new. In a laptop, if I'm not wrong, there's a chip inside the battery to measure its stats, I don''t think that my phone battery something like that, does it have? If the batteries are both of the same capacity and relatively new I don't need to calibrate with both batteries, right?
31st July 2011, 01:39 AM   |  #502  
Thanks Meter: 6

362 posts
Donate to Me
Help! Phone will not charge or turn on!!!
Hi. I have an HTC Sensation. I used this program to calibrate after I got to 100% charge. I then unplugged the phone then ran the power out over the next several hours. Around 0% the phone died. Now when I hook it to a charger I get nothing... no lights, no charging, nothing. I've tried different chargers... nothing there either. If I take out the battery, then put it back in, then I get an orange LED light for about 5 seconds, then nothing....

Please help. Thanks
31st July 2011, 11:12 AM   |  #503  
Thanks Meter: 69

299 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by texasaggie1

Hi. I have an HTC Sensation. I used this program to calibrate after I got to 100% charge. I then unplugged the phone then ran the power out over the next several hours. Around 0% the phone died. Now when I hook it to a charger I get nothing... no lights, no charging, nothing. I've tried different chargers... nothing there either. If I take out the battery, then put it back in, then I get an orange LED light for about 5 seconds, then nothing....

Please help. Thanks

This is not a good sign. I've seen another similar thread http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...4#post15985764 in which a guy with a galaxy s2 is having the same problem. Run out of battery and then the phone is dead. I don't think this is related to the calibration app. I would try to do two more things before going to a service centre:

- Try charging the battery with a battery charger, without the phone, or alternatively try another battery which has charge. This because It is possible that either your phone is not charging your battery for some reason, or your battery has died, not your phone.

- Try to put the phone in download mode with a USB jig. If it works, it means your phone is not dead.

Good luck
7th August 2011, 03:37 AM   |  #504  
Flag Sydney
Thanks Meter: 515

758 posts
thanks for the app, it makes things much easier.

i'm just wondering if it will help with this problem: when my phone charges, the green led comes on at 90%, then the number jumps straight to 100%. i've calibrated once with the hope that it would fix this, but it didn't change anything.

i've attaached a pic of the battery graph. it's a bit hard to see, but the graph starts to flatten out as it approaches 90, then it's a straight line up to 100

any ideas?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20110807112343.png
Views:	397
Size:	27.2 KB
ID:	679985  
7th August 2011, 03:41 AM   |  #505  
Thanks Meter: 10

298 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by texasaggie1

Please help. Thanks

Do you have perma root and CMW? IT will not charge your battery when your phone is off.s
7th August 2011, 04:39 PM   |  #506  
Thanks Meter: 2

49 posts
What minimum mv values can I expect on a Desire S battery (standard - BA S530 - 1450 mAh - 3.7V) when I discharge down to 0%?

I have tried to calibrate several times and at 0% the mv value differs from anything between 3450 mv to 3680 mv?

Additionally, is the mv value of any importance in the regard of calibrating/optimizing the battery?

Thx
8th August 2011, 09:32 PM   |  #507  
Flag Germany
Thanks Meter: 214

1,577 posts
More
Hey

Do I have to reboot the phone after running calibration? Also there are a lot complicated guides on how to calibrate (e.g. http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...18&postcount=3 // http://theultralinx.com/2011/07/cali...s-battery.html). Are they really neccessary or is it enough to follow the instructions in your app?
Also when draining the battery until the phone shuts down (after deleting stats), should it be used normal or can I just run some applications to use up battery fast?

Thanks!
Last edited by Lownita; 8th August 2011 at 09:41 PM.
11th August 2011, 06:11 AM   |  #508  
Thanks Meter: 2

49 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lownita

Hey

Do I have to reboot the phone after running calibration? Also there are a lot complicated guides on how to calibrate (e.g. http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...18&postcount=3 // http://theultralinx.com/2011/07/cali...s-battery.html). Are they really neccessary or is it enough to follow the instructions in your app?
Also when draining the battery until the phone shuts down (after deleting stats), should it be used normal or can I just run some applications to use up battery fast?

Thanks!

No, it shouldn't be necessary with a reboot since only the stat.file is erased and os creates a fresh within a short time.
Regarding the method of draining the battery... I have no evidence to back this up but I believe that I see a overall better battery performance if I choose to drain with normal use instead of pushing it.
Regarding the other guides I am blank...
11th August 2011, 11:14 AM   |  #509  
OP Senior Member
Flag Budapest
Thanks Meter: 295

118 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by maatsby

thanks for the app, it makes things much easier.

i'm just wondering if it will help with this problem: when my phone charges, the green led comes on at 90%, then the number jumps straight to 100%. i've calibrated once with the hope that it would fix this, but it didn't change anything.

i've attaached a pic of the battery graph. it's a bit hard to see, but the graph starts to flatten out as it approaches 90, then it's a straight line up to 100

any ideas?

I've never seen anything like this before. Sorry but I don't know, what the problem could be.

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk
11th August 2011, 11:43 PM   |  #510  
Flag Sydney
Thanks Meter: 515

758 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by marosige

I've never seen anything like this before. Sorry but I don't know, what the problem could be.

No worries, thanks for the response. My battery is lasting long enough anyway at the moment so I guess I just won't worry about it.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
battery, batterystats.bin, calibration, debunked wives' tale, marosige, placebo, root
Previous Thread Next Thread