[ROM][CDMA][VZW]KhasMek's KhasMod AOSP v2 BETA RELEASE (System update 0418)
As normal, it's not my fault if you fubar your tab by flashing this or if zombies come and speedhump your cat. You've been warned.
Note: I'm getting this post together before I jump on a plane, so if it's not 100% complete, I appologize in advance and I'll fix it tomorrow. I just want to share this with you sooner rather than later.
I am not going to teach you how to use, or set up the applications that you need to use/flash this. I have included links to everything you need to know, just click and read for a second. If you are not willing to put out a little bit of effort to better your experience with your Tab, I am not going to waste even more of my time that could be dedicated towards making my ROM better. Also, if you aren't willing to give yourself the fundamental knowledge required for flashing this and something goes wrong, you will then have the required skill to fix it, instead of blaming me for bricking
your Tab. I don't need that. I am willing to support my ROM and help with some confusion, but if you want me to do everything for you- lo siento.
About This ROM
This is AOSP, actual AOSP, not a zip ROM with TW pulled out like my Ultraclean. Some people want TW, some don't. Variety is the spice of life. I ported jt's build of it which you can find HERE
0418 - System update - Highly recommended update
- ACTUAL AOSP
- ultralight, fast and better than TW
- VTL Launcher (tablet optimized launcher)
- NO TOUCHWIZ!
- Honeycomb theme by Benbowden (huge thanks!)
- More! (Really, there is more, but I can't think of it right now, I'll edit this post as I remember)
- Removed ADWLauncher2 and added VTL Launcher
- Fixed Headphone jack- It now works.
- Reverted Screen density to 240
- New feature- swipe from left to right on a notification to dismiss it (From CyanogenMod)
- New feature- long press back button to kill active process (From CyanogenMod)
- Removed Sype from build. I'm against their stupid device locking even though their shipped on just about ever device these days. Not dealing with them anymore.
- Changed 'phone' to 'Tab' whereever it appears in the system (shutdown options, etc.). I am pretty sure I missed some spots, but I'll get them all eventually.
- Changed the default wallpaper
I think that's it. I'll update if there's more. Also, I'll try to get a kernel out today, but last day of vactation and all. All and all this is a good speed and stability improvement from the initial release. Enjoy!
(Next up is brightness and some good GUI changes)
0409 Kernel update - Highly recommended update
- Based on EC02 kernel source
- Added Powersave, Userspace and Ondemand CPU Governors
- All patches and modifications from before have been added to the EC02 kernel source
- Fixed a conflict with TinyRCU (a goof up I didn't notice I made with the DJ11 source, this helps an immense amount with stability)
- Tweaked the touchscreen voltage to help with battery life
- Added ext4 patches from the 126.96.36.199 kernel (found here http://kan.gd/8hp), thanks to imnuts for pointing them out.
Overall this kernel is much smother and stable from the last 12 hours of my testing. Take it for a spin and let me know what you think.
v1 - Initial Release
- I am keeping the name of JT"s ROM and version number for this build as I have only done a bit of customizing on it so far. I've got lots of plans for big changes to it this week, but for now, I pay my tribute to jt. Just porting it over took ages, so I want to share with everyone so they can get an idea of how this device can function without TW. It's fast!
- Most things that work on JT's ROM, work on this build, a few things don't (eg. compass)
- Everything that doesn't work on JT's ROM, doesn't work on this ROM (eg. bluetooth)
- I'll get more specific when I update this post tomorrow
- Overlay needs some work, but it'll make you lol in the meantime (just look at the notification dropdown and rotary lock and you'll see what I mean)
I have tons of plans, of course, getting full functionality back is a main priority. My final Goal with this ROM however is to show how the 7" platform is truly the best for tablets, and to make a ROM that is fully optimized for the perfect platform.
- YOU MUST HAVE CWM INSTALLED TO FLASH THIS
- You will need to factory reset, so back everything up
- Download the ROM and kernel and put them on your sdcard (links below)
- Boot into recovery (volume up + power button)
- Flash ROM
- Flash kernel
- Flash GAPPS
- Factory Reset
- Restore your user apps and system data, optional. Note: DO NOT RESTORE BACKED UP SYSTEM APPS
, rotohammer, TCMAN, benbowden
and everyone in IRC as usual is great help. Also, a huge
thanks to poitee
for giving me access to his build box, without that this would have easily taken me an extra week to finish and my computer is on it's way out, so it may have just died without his help. THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!!
Lastly, if you like my work, donate to me
so I can donate money to devs that make my world easier (and therefore yours).
 Current Phone: Galaxy Nexus 
 Current ROM: AOKP 
 Current Tab: Nexus 7 
 Current ROM: AOKP 
 Hack to learn 
 NOT 
 Learn to hack