Thunderbolt Inductive charging

OP je2345

9th April 2011, 06:13 PM   |  #11  
Flag Colorado Springs
Thanks Meter: 162

224 posts
Donate to Me
More
The stock battery door looks to me like it may have a coil built into it. Granted I have never seen a door with a coil before, but it looks like there is some kind of grid pattern on the inside of it, and it also has the contacts that electrically attach the door to the phone. I suppose it could be a wifi antenna or LTE antenna also. Anyone know what this is?
9th April 2011, 07:19 PM   |  #12  
Thanks Meter: 13

177 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BotsOne

I suppose it could be a wifi antenna or LTE antenna also. Anyone know what this is?

Yep, it's an antenna. Lte I believe.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk
9th April 2011, 07:33 PM   |  #13  
Thanks Meter: 8

249 posts
pull the back off your phone. there are two contacts that touch the back door those are for signal boost of your phone.

Then just above the batter are these 4 pins that look like :: , from my understanding those are going to be the pins that an induction charger back touches to charge the phone through induction.
10th April 2011, 03:30 AM   |  #14  
Charlotte
Thanks Meter: 84

848 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcmillanje

But, from what I have read here, there are two other contacts that are made for the inductive charging door. So... instead of buy the charging door from verizon, you can make one like they did in the evo post, except you won't have to open the actual phone up, you can just route the wire to make contact at those charging points.
11th April 2011, 11:02 PM   |  #15  
left coast
Thanks Meter: 0

21 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by worm-

pull the back off your phone. there are two contacts that touch the back door those are for signal boost of your phone.

Then just above the batter are these 4 pins that look like :: , from my understanding those are going to be the pins that an induction charger back touches to charge the phone through induction.

I thought the assumption was that those were for NFC.
12th April 2011, 04:02 AM   |  #16  
Thanks Meter: 7

248 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcmillanje

There are multiple antennae according to these pics from FCC.
http://www.wirelessgoodness.com/2011...-fcc-teardown/

When looking at the inside of the cover the one to the right is LTE+EVDO, left is GPS, and bottom is CDMA.

EDIT: Sorry, the one on the bottom isn't on the battery door, it's actually the bottom. Below the kickstand.
12th April 2011, 05:23 AM   |  #17  
Flag Mechanicsburg
Thanks Meter: 10

244 posts
Donate to Me
More
Maybe I'm an idiot but is it possible to power on your phone with the cover off?
12th April 2011, 05:37 AM   |  #18  
Thanks Meter: 30

270 posts
give it a try....what can it hurt??? lol

yeah phone works fine..wifi works fine...all u lose is 3g and 4g data
13th April 2011, 04:01 AM   |  #19  
Flag Denver
Thanks Meter: 30

331 posts
More
Hm, I don't know if I can get by the fact the phone needs to be lined up right for it to charge. I routinely use my phone while it's charging, so having it lay there seems....like I'm not their intended market.

I'd imagine we're not too far off from having wireless charging that has some sort of radius around it. Man, I can't wait for that. Wires drive me mental.
13th April 2011, 05:10 AM   |  #20  
OP Senior Member
Holland
Thanks Meter: 22

351 posts
More
I don't think our door supports inductive charging. When you go to www.Verizonwireless.com in the search bar type in inductive charging and the first query will populate the battery door. Haven't found the charging pad on their website but calling in to customer service will allow you to order one. Tell them you want LG charging pad as that the one that is required.

Sent from my ADR6400L using XDA Premium App

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread