Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,731,300 Members 52,684 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[ROM][WWE][May 16 2011]CAL 6.5.3[RC4]

Tip us?

Etaduck
Old
Thanks Meter 9
Ok, so both of those were true, they came from the zip file like that, I did change the download location which seemed to work. I had installed the LG program to flash it back to the orginal a while back and it is located in the program files folder. Wipped it and replaced with the unzipped files and it went through like a champ. 6.5 min later, RC3 was up and running.

Still to early to tell anything about the rom, looks pretty though. Just figured I'd post incase anyone else is having the same issue.

Etaduck
Old
Thanks Meter 9
I am loving this new release. Also, the new on screen keyboard is the best I've ever used. My fat thumbs thank you. Sensor's all seem to be working, and the device is snappy. IE seems to run well, .... atleast with out the glitches that I'm use to. Clean build, running well. Thank you so very much.... and if you got more, keep them coming.

djuroganovic
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Yup, on screen keyboard is awesome. My fat thumbs thank you as well . So far it runs well, just have to figure out how to make GPS to get fix faster ( I'm with Telus Canada )
THANKS !!!!

trueg
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 44
Well I'm glad you guys like it.

djuroganovic, I'm not sure there is much we can do about the GPS receiver in this thing. I used to have a i-Blue 737 Bluetooth GPS receiver that was AMAZING. I could get a lock on 11 satellites while in a hotel conference room (bottom floor of a medium sized hotel) in under 30 seconds, every time. The GPS receiver in my HTC Touch Pro was horrendous (part of why I stopped using it).

With my GW825 it really depends on the weather and where I am. Today at work, I got a lock in 2 minutes (varies between 5 & 8 satellites) after a soft reset. I am in the top floor of the building, but it is very cloudy and rainy. Yesterday, at the park I got a 10 satellite lock in under a minute, but it was clear and sunny.

In our radio lab we have a GPS re-radiator and with it running I can get a 11 satellite lock in a few seconds after a hard reset.

Anyway, I suppose I could look into Assisted GPS to speed up the initial lock.

electricbug
Old
(Last edited by josefcrist; 3rd May 2011 at 06:34 PM.)
Thanks Meter 0
Trueg could you please upload those source flies and rom file of rc3 to skydrive.Our GFW seems to blocked mediafire.com

electricbug
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Oh great,download starts again thank God

electricbug
Old
Thanks Meter 0
still I'd like to add some drivers of 825v back,such as front camera,Trueg could you please tell me where are these drivers,I could get them from my original official rom

electricbug
Old
Thanks Meter 0
good news rc3 works fine on 825v
but I can no longer install Chinese fonts,maybe it's because of the new kernal.

trueg
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 44
I'm glad it works for you electricbug.

Regarding your camera and fonts issues. I have removed a lot of OEM software. My OEM is under 70 MB uncompressed. The original GW825V OEM is 360 MB uncompressed. Despite the reduction, all of the original GW825V drivers are included.

I'm assuming you have the same problems with RC1 and RC2?

Do you have a dump of the GW825V ROM?

I am using the Camera from the GW825 since the GW825V camera has minor font issues and the GW820 camera includes Video Sharing. You may need the GW825V camera application to use the front facing camera.

TrueG

electricbug
Old
Thanks Meter 0
70M is amazing.It's even smaller than some 6.1 roms.I didn't try RC2&RC1 for our tragic bandwidth with downstream up to 50kbps,I'll try them this weekend. last time i dumped 825v's rom i can't zip it again.If I got some free time I will try it again on another computer.