Originally Posted by arcolino1
so how do you disable updates I have a galaxy s2 4g service sprint I ve been searching around how to disable updates I keep getting prompt for one and it wont install root blocking it from installing I guess I just want to turn it of I read use bloat ware or titanum backup tried both same issue. I thought this would be an easy fix.
try this it works
only difference for you will be lines 4 and 5
look for your current ro.build.fingerprint and change it to the current update...
oh and also don't forget to delete the update from your cache
If you are comfortable editing the build.prop then follow these directions.
1. Use root explorer and navigate to /system
2. Mount as r/w
3. Long press on build.prop then click on Open With then Text Editor
4. Find the line ro.build.fingerprint=verizon/SCH-I510/SCH-I510:2.3.6/GINGERBREAD/FP1:user/release-keys
5. Change FP1 or FP5 in that line to FP8
6. Press the menu button on the phone and click on Save and Exit
7. Mount back to r/o
8. Reboot phone