Android One Expanding to Bangladesh, Nepal, and Sri Lanka

At Google I/O 2013, Google proudly announced that the Android operating system was … more

Android 5.0.2 Fixes 2012 Nexus 7! Sony’s Making a Google Glass Competitor? – XDA TV

Android 5.0.2 Lollipop is available for the … more

Early Lollipop Ports for Micromax A116 and A117

It feels like it was only yesterday when Google announced the mysterious Android L.After … more

Now Gesture Tweaks Replaces Google Now with Custom Action

On most modern Android devices with software navigation keys, swiping up from the … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

How to take out the .xap from WP7

OP evilandeath

7th April 2011, 08:46 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

1 posts
Dear all,

Did anyone know how to take out the .xap from WP7
7th April 2011, 09:05 AM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 56

235 posts
Donate to Me
More
Took me forever to find due to the buggy nature of the search function, but This thread has a program where you can "download" installed xaps from the windows phone.
7th April 2011, 09:14 AM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 19

279 posts
More
I asked the same question a few weeks ago, and the post was closed...
7th April 2011, 09:50 AM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 56

235 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kapanak

I asked the same question a few weeks ago, and the post was closed...

Being new I am not sure, but all that program does is list the xaps you have installed yourself (Sideload) so no chance of piracy concerns which is only reason why I could think that maybe yours was closed..
8th April 2011, 12:10 AM   |  #5  
Recognized Developer
Flag Seattle
Thanks Meter: 2,785

5,870 posts
More
Short version: You can't. XAP files are never stored on the phone. You're asking the equivalent of "How can I get SkypeSetup.exe out of my C:\Program Files\Skype directory?"

It *might* be possible to reconstruct the XAP, but you'd need to build it from the application's install directory. Currently the only phones that you can access this directory on is HTC (and possibly Samsung, when Heathclif releases his tool). I actually already have an app that does this (access the install directory, not rebuild the XAP) and have avoided even trying to rebuild the XAP as I have more than enough other things to do and could see no real value in doing the requild. If you can convince me otherwise, I'll listen. "So I can copy the app to my friend's phone" isn't going to fly, though; I'll tell you that now. Requests like that get reported to the mods. This forum is *NOT* about app piracy; read the stickies.
8th April 2011, 03:47 PM   |  #6  
Recognized Developer
Flag Moscow
Thanks Meter: 70

247 posts
More
It's possible, just need to copy files from /Applications and pack it using zip. Only HTC devices can access to this folder.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread