[Q] Integrate drivers into AOSP ROM

OP Chaosz-X

7th April 2011, 04:14 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 1,810

763 posts
Donate to Me
More
Since I have my HTC Desire, I wanted to build a custom ROM, and read a lot about it.

Everything is pretty clear to me, except that I'm not sure about the drivers. I read the wiki of CyanogenMod, which tells you to use a script called 'extract-files.sh' to extract appropriate files from your CyanogenMod ROM on your HTC Desire.

Does this script take care of the driver integration? And if not, how can I integrate the drivers to make the hardware work?

Thanks in advance,

Chaosz-X.
7th April 2011, 08:59 PM   |  #2  
Retired Recognized Developer
Flag Raleigh, NC
Thanks Meter: 56

441 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaosz-X

Does this script take care of the driver integration? And if not, how can I integrate the drivers to make the hardware work?

The 'extract-files.sh' and 'unzip-files.sh' scripts just copy any needed proprietary files (not necessarily just drivers) from a connected phone or existing ROM to their correct locations before you compile the new ROM. Someone (you?) have to figure out which files are needed and adjust the scripts accordingly. Each device has a different 'extract-files.sh' and 'unzip-files.sh'.

If there is an existing vendor tree for your device or a similar device, I would start there.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread