Thunderbolt Mods

Search This thread

onsht1kll

Dec 11, 2010
Plymouth, MA
Here are a few mods to remove status bar icons. These mods will only work on Deodexed ROMs. If you have other mods you would like to see or have other mods you would like to have posted here, let me know. All mods are flashable through CW recovery.

These mods have been tried and tested on VirusRom and are confirmed to work. If they do not work on your ROM or change some of the theming please let me know and PM me your services.jar so i can do mods for that particular ROM.

As always make a backup before flashing. First boot after installing mod will take a little while.

No Clock mod

No Clock & Location mod

No Clock, Location & Alarm mod

No Clock, Location & Battery mod

No Clock, Location, Battery & Alarm mod

No Battery mod

No Location & Alarm mod

VirusRom's RC1B3 No Clock, Location, Battery & Alarm - includes 6 bar service icon and Power widget mod

BAMF 1.4 No Alarm (and no location by default)

By default when you press the power button you have 15 seconds to "slide to unlock" before the screen times out and goes black again. This mod will change that to 30 seconds. Gives you a little extra time with your music player :) This will modify your android.policy.jar file. Will work on other ROMs but might change theming.

30 Second Timeout mod for VirusRom's RC1B2
30 Second Timeout mod for VirusRom's RC1B3

Battery mods by UOT Kitchen. I usually flash these on my phone and since i have to make them anyway might as well post them up here just incase anyone else wants them. DO NOT flash unless you are running the specific ROM that is associated with the file or you will bootloop your phone. This mod modifies the framework-res.apk file

Honeycomb battery mod for VirusRom's RC1B3
Preview

Last edited:

HarlyFan

Oct 21, 2010
MidWest
Here are a few mods to remove status bar icons. These mods will only work on Deodexed ROMs. If you have other mods you would like to see or have other mods you would like to have posted here, let me know. All mods are flashable through CW recovery.

These mods have been tried and tested on VirusRom and are confirmed to work. If they do not work on your ROM or change some of the theming please let me know and PM me your services.jar so i can do mods for that particular ROM.

As always make a backup before flashing.

No clock mod

No clock & battery mod

No clock, battery & alarm mod

Thanks for the mods

Reactions: onsht1kll

racinwarrior

Aug 12, 2010
i flashed the"no clock.zip" on das bamf and it worked HOWEVER IT BROUGHT BACK THE LOCATION ICON

can you please create a zip to remove the clock and location icon

gobluejd

Jul 8, 2010
NW Indiana

These mods have been tried and tested on VirusRom and are confirmed to work. If they do not work on your ROM or change some of the theming please let me know and PM me your services.jar so i can do mods for that particular ROM. In VirusRom GPS icon is hidden by default.

As always make a backup before flashing.

No alarm mod

Need no alarm AND no location. One posted is just for alarm.

peddigree

Dec 15, 2010
is it possible to make the following

no clock/no location/no alarm

i want to keep my battery icon there ;)

peddigree

Dec 15, 2010
also is there anyway to keep the signal bars that are installed from virus rom? I noticed when I flashed the no clock and location zip that it made my signal bars go back to default and only 4 bars

thetwiztidfreak

Dec 7, 2008
HI thanks for the work these are great ideas for mods, never understood what the point of the time on status bar when default widget has a huge clock lol.

But sadly i cant seem to get them to work for for me. I ahve tried flashing the no clock zip as well as the no clock and no location zip but still ahve both. I am running the latest version of the virus rom RC1B3 i believe. i know this rom uses launcher pro instead of the defualt launcher could that be whats affecting this? thanks for any help.

Update: Not sure what was going on but after 3 or 4 reboots it is now working thanks again for the easy to install zip

Last edited:
Reactions: onsht1kll

onsht1kll

Dec 11, 2010
Plymouth, MA
also is there anyway to keep the signal bars that are installed from virus rom? I noticed when I flashed the no clock and location zip that it made my signal bars go back to default and only 4 bars

Revert back to your backup and grab your services.jar file .. u probably have the 6 bar version of the file .. the Mods are based off the 4 version .. if you can send me the file I can make the mod u want

Sent from my Thunderbolt using XDA app

Reactions: peddigree

peddigree

Dec 15, 2010
here is my services.jar file from my current theme setup of virus rom.

if you can just edit mine so it shows no location/no time/no alarm/no battery it be great.

I use beautiful widgets so I have all of these features as battery and clock on my main screen

and keep my powerbar widgets in the pulldown menu and 6 signal bars it be greatly appreciated :) just want a really clean status bar and want nothing extra there that I may not need.

Attachments

• services.zip
    835.8 KB · Views: 5

onsht1kll

Dec 11, 2010
Plymouth, MA
here is my services.jar file from my current theme setup of virus rom.

if you can just edit mine so it shows no location/no time/no alarm/no battery it be great.

I use beautiful widgets so I have all of these features as battery and clock on my main screen

and keep my powerbar widgets in the pulldown menu and 6 signal bars it be greatly appreciated :) just want a really clean status bar and want nothing extra there that I may not need.

Both mods are done and in the OP. Let me know if everything works ok.

Top Liked Posts