FORUMS

Nexus & Cookies: A More Focused Direction?

It is that time of the year again, and we are approaching the day where Android fans all over … more

LG G4 US Carrier Release Dates

The LG G4 was announced on April 29th with its Snapdragon 808 SoC, a welcomed change from its higher-end … more

Microsoft Reaches Pre-Install Agreement With New OEMs

As of late, Microsoft has been making a subtle but widespread play into the … more

Discover XDA: Discover Greater

We’ve all been there at some point in our XDA lives; we used to spend hours browsing over the … more

 View Poll Results: Is this MOD helpful?

Yes
 
407 Vote(s)
93.56%
No
 
28 Vote(s)
6.44%
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread

[MOD] [Update:5/5/2011] BootMenu - Recovery, 2nd Init , v0.5.1

8th April 2011, 08:28 AM |#11  
adlx.xda's Avatar
Recognized Developer
Flag Madrid
Thanks Meter: 946
 
Donate to Me
More
That sounds pretty awesome, will try later. I would have saved a lot of hours with that... anyway, I'll save them by now

Sent from my Defy running adlxmod using Tapatalk
 
 
8th April 2011, 09:47 AM |#12  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 111
 
More
Oh, now disabling USB debugging is not required! Bravo!
8th April 2011, 02:47 PM |#13  
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 2,160
 
More
I have not disabled USB debugging and I have M boot loop. Now reflashing to try again.

For everyone - do not forget to turn off usb debugging. Now itīs working and I am going to try it some more.

Edit: Finally the true, fully working recovery. With Tenfarīs recovery, this is the best developed thing for Defy, since Defyīs release
and itīs worth the donation. About only 5 minutes to recover bricked system.
I only hope some day adb will be working too, but this is great enough for now.
Last edited by peetr_; 8th April 2011 at 06:04 PM.
8th April 2011, 07:57 PM |#14  
m11kkaa's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 1,683
 
Donate to Me
More
How can I get root-access after starting adb via the bootmenu?
Currently, it's not working for me:
Quote:

$ su
[1] Segmentation fault su

8th April 2011, 08:01 PM |#15  
Member
Flag Curitiba
Thanks Meter: 10
 
More
Does this mod mean that Cyanogen is coming to Defy???
8th April 2011, 10:03 PM |#16  
Senior Member
Flag Recife
Thanks Meter: 157
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by hirano

Does this mod mean that Cyanogen is coming to Defy???

Not yet. We need the 2nd-init working to do that.
8th April 2011, 10:41 PM |#17  
racca's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 85
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by antony.ps

Can't wait to see custom kernels

not possible unless someone can crack/get the lock

it's a great improvement but no where near custom kernels

afaik, this is another "bootstrap" executed on boot except it resumes normal boot after 2 seconds or so.

if we can get 2nd-init to work with it, we might finally be close to getting what milestone already have.
8th April 2011, 11:35 PM |#18  
adlx.xda's Avatar
Recognized Developer
Flag Madrid
Thanks Meter: 946
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by peetr_

I have not disabled USB debugging and I have M boot loop. Now reflashing to try again.

For everyone - do not forget to turn off usb debugging. Now itīs working and I am going to try it some more.

Edit: Finally the true, fully working recovery. With Tenfarīs recovery, this is the best developed thing for Defy, since Defyīs release
and itīs worth the donation. About only 5 minutes to recover bricked system.
I only hope some day adb will be working too, but this is great enough for now.

Curious, just in case anyone has already tried and can give an answer: when installed, is outer persistent after you flash a sbf? Or is it overwritten by the sbf? Does anyone know? (i mean, afaik /pds isn't restored with sbf, mess with it and you get a brick! )

Sent from my Defy running adlxmod using Tapatalk
8th April 2011, 11:42 PM |#19  
demolition23's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Oiniades
Thanks Meter: 75
 
More
Any news from the Koreans who develop this recovery?

Sent from my MOTO Defy :)
8th April 2011, 11:57 PM |#20  
ksubedi's Avatar
OP Recognized Developer
Flag Boulder, CO, US
Thanks Meter: 1,110
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by demolition23

Any news from the Koreans who develop this recovery?

Sent from my MOTO Defy :)

Nope, i have just emailed "intohim" and asked him to come online, as he is the only one who can read korean, and the korean page doesnt work here for some reason. I will update as soon as i get a reply


Quote:
Originally Posted by adlx.xda

Curious, just in case anyone has already tried and can give an answer: when installed, is outer persistent after you flash a sbf? Or is it overwritten by the sbf? Does anyone know? (i mean, afaik /pds isn't restored with sbf, mess with it and you get a brick! )

Sent from my Defy running adlxmod using Tapatalk

Sorry to say, but nope, this is not hardcoded in to rom or is not replaced in place of original recovery as the bootloader is still locked. And installing a sbf update is like replacing everything on the phone with the contents from sbf. So it wont work if you reflash the sbf, unless it is included in the mod or rom you installed. Some developers have just contacted me and said that they are going to include this on their rom. So future defy roms are going to be more safe
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
2nd init, boot menu, defy, recovery
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes