5,594,282 Members 43,637 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Beware if you buy parts from Global Direct Parts

Tip us?

valv507
Old
(Last edited by valv507; 8th April 2011 at 05:45 PM.)
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Exclamation Beware if you buy parts from Global Direct Parts

Anybody looking to buy parts from Global Direct Parts .com beware of them, it's a scam.

I placed an order for 4 ribbon cables for HD2 phones on a sat. The next monday I wanted to add something the said it was already processed, so I had to place another order and pay shipping.

They FAQ says they can reduce min quantities if I buy at least $ 125 of parts, so I add a LCD and place order. They cancelled since now they want $ 149 min. They also went over and changed their web site, so I cannot prove anything.

After 2 weeks my parts are not here, so I call and a wiseguy said I still have to wait until the next 2 days since it was still processing.
The next day they email me they lost my package.

I reply demanding they ship another with Express delivery to make up for the poor service.

They decline and want to issue a refund, and guess what, price on items has gone up (what a coincidence).

I emailed today asking where is my refund (paid with Paypal) and they stated it takes 2 BUSINESS days to issue it.

I placed a claim on Paypal and they emailed back threaten me to stall refund indefinitely unless I remove the claim.

Sorry for this long rant, but such a poor customer service place shouldn't be allowed to do business. I invite anybody NOT to use this place.

They also falsely claim they have all the parts in USA, while they actually dropship from China, Taiwan, and Hong Kong.

Beware guys !!!

yohobojo
Old
Thanks Meter 7
Wow. That sux

Sent from my Ally using XDA App

bkiddo
Old
(Last edited by bkiddo; 26th February 2012 at 10:56 PM.)
Thanks Meter 0
I will agree. Terrible customer service. They say they have new or "a" stock.... the "a" stock are used parts, including damaged and unusable. the others are just in poor shape. then there's the problem with them making you pay to ship their junk back, even after it has been determined to be their error. that's just shady. then the total bs they call customer service... if your lucky to get someone, they are uneducated and clueless about anything going on. good luck trying to get answers or some management to reply to you. i own a repair shop and have spent (wasted) thousands of dollars with these losers.

BEWARE AND AVOID!!!!!

Giorgi-geo
Old
Thanks Meter 5
thanks will know

yalkowni
Old
Thanks Meter 551

DONATE TO ME
I bought 10 Ffc and no problem I'm sorry you had pRoblems with them

Sent from my SGH-T959 using XDA App

Guti1977
Old
Thanks Meter 23
I bought a Samsung Captivate housing almost a year ago and it took about 5 days to get it. Part was new with no scratches at all.

Had no problem with them

theusername
Old
Thanks Meter 85
I have bought some FFC's from them before and didnt have any issue. Good to know though if I do anything through them in the future!
Transformer Name - Jonotron Prime

Tablet/Computer - Microsoft Surface Pro 128GB
Phone - Samsung Note 3

Smart watch - Samsung Galaxy Gear Black

Glad to help, just hit Thanks.

Clay333
Old
Thanks Meter 33
I bought some. Speakers for an evo 4g about 8 months ago and all went well. About a month or 2 later I got emails from them saying that they had a major employee leave and not to trust emails coming from a. Similar company.

lborg
Old
Thanks Meter 4
Thumbs up I had a great experience with them and the parts were perfect

Hi All,

It seems that this company went through a bit of a struggle at some point. Being a business owner myself I know that dealing with the public is not always easy especially when you have employees that are not the right fit. You can only do your best and learn from your mistakes and successes.

I just purchased tablet frames from them and they were perfect, the customer service was perfect and I am going to their website now to purchase more. I found some really hard to find products in new condition and at a great price. Personally my experience was great and I would highly recommend them. Definitely NOT a scam. They delivered.

Lance