Originally Posted by PAGOT
1. where did you hear that the CF Root kernel is dangerous? Links please
2. apart from the fact that the stock kernel from gingerbread has already ext4 support means all hacked kernels should have it too, and also apart from the fact that CF has a nice tool to convert back easily.
If you are already on a custom kernel and you wanna experiment more, you do know you can backup right?
hmm, am interested on what you mean with the breaking system? you mean fs? or it breaks something else?
1) I heard it on a forum for Dutch Android users, Androidworld. More specifically on the Lite'ning rom topic, I can't post a link (see edit) but since all posts are in Dutch I'm not sure it would be helpful for you.
2) Yes I know I can back up, I have everything backed up. Just a bit worried about my phone not working for pre-longed periods or having to go to a Samsung repair point.
3) From what I gather the problem is that when you convert to Ext4 (or convert back) it doesn't completely overwrite the /system/ which makes it so that if you decide to switch to another Kernel it becomes impossible to activate the lagfix and you might get the warning your system is corrupt.
Most of the posts link to an old topic of Supercurio and Voodoo about lagfix corruption (can't find the link right now...)
The problem seems to be solved after reflashing a new ROM with repartition.
/edit: "To prevent spam to the forums, ALL new users are not permitted to post outside links in their messages. After approximately eight posts, you will be able to post outside links. Thanks for understanding!"
So the link isn't a hyperlink.