Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,737,799 Members 48,139 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Android on my HTC Trophy 7

Tip us?

xsaad
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Question [Q] Android on my HTC Trophy 7

Dear Amazing developers,
I am sure you have encountered this question several times but I just need to understand if I can install Android system on my HTC Trophy 7, I am hating how microsoft is hounding their users in such stupid way. Please advise.

Thank you so much

toza
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Not possible....yet. But, team from XDA.CN are working on Android ROM currently for HTC HD7. I think that if they make it for HD7, it could be done for all wp7s out there...
Here's the video about their progress.

Bye!

xsaad
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by toza View Post
Not possible....yet. But, team from XDA.CN are working on Android ROM currently for HTC HD7. I think that if they make it for HD7, it could be done for all wp7s out there...
Here's the video about their progress.

Bye!

thank you so much, do u know an estimate or a time range?

toza
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Unfortunately noone does... I can guess that it might me avalible in let's say 1 month or more... If you ask me, I would love it to be avalible tomorrow, but i highly
doubt it happening.

We can only say thumbs up for this project and keep our fingers crossed that they
don't encounter heavy problems during the realisation of this project!

xsaad
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
looooooool... Yep thats exactly what am doing RIGHT NOW

confrontation
Old
Thanks Meter 3
I can wait , just cant get into WP7 Ive tried and tried to like it but its still a 50/50 thing.
**Past Phones... iPhone 3G, N900, Nexus One, Samsung Vibrant , Samsung Captivate , iPhone 4, Motorola Atrix 4G , Samsung Galaxy Note, HTC Sensation 4G, HTC HD7, HTC One X, Sony Xperia Z, Samsung galaxy S4 and an HTC One7. Current Phone NONE as I'm waiting on an HTC One M8**

destrix
Old
Thanks Meter 2
i think if the HD7 has nand Android i think its not so hard to port then Android
to Trophy and Mozart because they has the same CPU.

DavidinCT
Old
Thanks Meter 150

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by confrontation View Post
I can wait , just cant get into WP7 Ive tried and tried to like it but its still a 50/50 thing.
Why don't you just sell you WP7 phone and get yourself a new Android device ? The market price on a Trophy is as high as it's going to be, so you'll get the most for it now.

Also you don't not have to worry about Hacking Android to get it on the phone, that sometimes might not offer the best performace or hardware not working correctly.

Just wondering...

petar17
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Is there anything new about putting Android on HTC Trophy, since last reply and asking about this was about the end of April..?

Thanks, and thumbs up for developers...

Avandor
Old
Thanks Meter 41
Nope, nothing new.
HTC 7 Trophy