Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,809,359 Members 41,547 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Xperia Arc Issues & Suggestions

Tip us?

StickyGeko
Old
Thanks Meter 22
i dont have the wireless issue but i do have an issue with lag... in the home screens and even on basic games, theres also a problem when on calls, it will cut out say every 10 secs and then is fine, its an audible crackle, cant hear anyone then all of sudden alls well..... i defo think ive dodgey unit

muzzytt
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by StickyGeko View Post
when on calls, it will cut out say every 10 secs and then is fine, its an audible crackle, cant hear anyone then all of sudden alls well..... i defo think ive dodgey unit
i have noticed the same thing when in a call it cuts out then comes back mine is a UK unit.

apy1412
Old
Thanks Meter 1
I have a serious issue with the phone, The phone shuts down by itself at least once a day and never boots up until I repair the firmware by connecting to the PC. The Facebook app, maps, markets just force closes most of the time and then the phone just shuts down. I though this could be a firmware issue but after repairing also I am facing the issue.

I cannot take it to the service center as I bought it from a different country. Let me know if there is a solution.

leonpeeon
Old
Thanks Meter 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by im_iceman View Post
Why did you post this??? what do you expect to happen?
Did you make it your goal to make those people feel stupid?
This device is brand new. These people are posting about these issues to see maybe they're common problems, or just to let others know.
The Following User Says Thank You to leonpeeon For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

george232
Old
(Last edited by george232; 10th April 2011 at 08:46 PM.)
Thanks Meter 5
Anyone got problems with the upper left corner of the screen above the chinch coming loose?

I do, and I saw a picture in the GSMArena review that showed that the screen sticks out at that spot on their unit too.
gupta.anurag08 Old
Thanks Meter 0
Issue: None of the APN switches (mobile data switches) wrking on xperia arc. If any new widget available plz share, tnx

sent from Xperia Arc

StickyGeko
Old
Thanks Meter 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by george232 View Post
Anyone got problems with the upper left corner of the screen above the cinch coming loose?

I do, and I saw a picture in the GSMArena review that showed that the screen sticks out at that spot on their unit too.
nope mines flush
The Following User Says Thank You to StickyGeko For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Mano1982
Old
Thanks Meter 126
Quote:
Originally Posted by khakala View Post
Hi, I have over 1000 peoples contacts on phone and in daily business use I am common to search with surname, I don't even remember theirs all firstname :-/

Sony Ericsson Xperia Arc
Use Gesture Search by Google, Free from Market A real Cool app

Mano1982
Old
Thanks Meter 126
Quote:
Originally Posted by gupta.anurag08 View Post
Following prob with me:
1. Extended widget control not wrking properly, m not able to TURN OFF the mobile data access
Not supported in Android 2.3 as i know Use stock widget for data

Mano1982
Old
Thanks Meter 126
Quote:
Originally Posted by apy1412 View Post
I have a serious issue with the phone, The phone shuts down by itself at least once a day and never boots up until I repair the firmware by connecting to the PC. The Facebook app, maps, markets just force closes most of the time and then the phone just shuts down. I though this could be a firmware issue but after repairing also I am facing the issue.

I cannot take it to the service center as I bought it from a different country. Let me know if there is a solution.
Do you install some apps after installing firmaware or restore data from any backup?