[APP]Bubble v1.0.0 - Contact's memos on the call screen :)
Another app I'm involved with was published yesterday* - Bubble:
Your memory in Bubbles!
Bubble lets you keep memos for every contact you have. The greatness is that whenever that contact calls his bubbles are shown on the in-call screen
So, for instance:
Someone calls you and says he has a job interview tomorrow. You write a new bubble for that contact: 'Ask how the interview went!' - Next time he calls, you'll see that bubble right away and won't forget to ask
The app is completely free, with ads (No ads on the call screen! only in the app itself). This is the first version out so there are going to be a lot of changes and updates as we progress. We'd appreciate your input, good (straight in the market rating) or bad (in here please
A clarification for the worried:
This app does not use any unauthorized APIs like some other call screen apps out there - this is merely a toast overlay with some added info. No buttons were changed/removed/added and the original behavior of the call screen remains intact.
Links and info:
Market and site links:
* Contact screen with indication of bubbles for each contact.
* Convenient sorting:
- Contacts with bubbles up on the list
- Contacts with whom you last had calls up on the list
* Flashy bubble colors (might be too flashy for some... but we like it
* Direct call from a contact's bubble list - When you want to call someone go to the app, review the bubbles for that contact and call him directly from there.
* Notification settings: When a contact with bubbles calls you get a notification for easy access to his bubbles, so you can update/delete after you've just seen them on the call screen. You can also activate notification for every call to add bubbles for contacts that still don't have any, right after they call. And of course you you can deactivate notification altogether.
* Force closes on a certain nexus1 with CM6.1 (Froyo).
* If there are duplicate contacts and they are not grouped (i.e. a contact from Google account and a contact from the phone itself) you will see both contacts in the Bubble's contact list. This is the same behavior as the regular android contact app, though there you can filter out by source (i.e. show only Google. show only sim etc.). We don't have filters for this yet
* Consequently, if you add bubbles to a duplicate, you need to know which of the duplicates your phone recognizes for an incoming call. I.E. you have two contacts with the same number, your phone will choose one of them as the caller id when that 'number' calls you - that's the contact you'll need to add bubbles to, otherwise they won't show.
We're working on it, hopefully this will be resolved within a few days.
*The first one is Horror Run - I was the main programmer in both projects but the rest of the guys in the new project aren't related to that previous one.