Hey, just thought it would be a good idea to keep an updated list of the PRLs for sprint for our HTC Evo if you choose to opt out of OTA or otherwise just need to revert to an older PRL or something.
Here is some general PRL info:
PRL Definition - (Preferred Roaming List)
The PRL is a list of information that resides in the memory of some kinds of digital phones. It lists the radio frequencies the phone can use in various geographic areas.
The part of the list for each area is ordered by the bands the phone should try to use first. Therefore it's a kind of priority list for which towers the phone should use.
The PRL helps determine which home-network towers to use, and also which towers belonging to other networks to use in roaming situations (areas where the home network has no coverage.) When roaming, the PRL may instruct the phone to use the network with the best roaming rate for the carrier, rather than the one with the strongest signal at the moment.
Since a PRL tells the phone "where" to search for a signal, as carrier networks change over time, an updated PRL may be required for a phone to "see" all of the coverage that it should, both with the home network and for roaming.
Originally Posted by navalynt
(the following instructions are adapted from THIS link)
1. Download and install the latest version of QPST from HERE
2. Dial ##3424# on your Hero to put it into diagnosic mode and connect to your computer via USB
3. Open QPST Configuration and go to the PORTS tab
4. Click on "Add New Port".
5. Select the port listed as USB/QC Diagnostics (may vary, just don't use the data modem one)
6. Go to Start Clients Dropdown and select Service Programming
7. From Service Programming your phone should be selected - Click OK
8. Click "Read from Phone" and Enter MSL. Various fields should populate, don't worry about what tab you are one
9. Click "Save to File" and save to wherever you want (just remember where)
The prl will be located in the directory you saved the file in and labeled as <yourphoneesn>_sp.rl0
PRL Restore [With the phone]
- Copy the PRL file to the root of your microSD card
- Dial ##775# on the handset and enter the MSL code when prompted for password
- Tap on Update PRL
- If it read your microSD card correctly your PRL file should be listed in the bottom half of the screen to select
- Select your PRL and click OK
- Press the MENU button and tap on Commit Modifications (which will reboot the phone)
PRL RESTORE [With QPST] Originally Posted by Ebag333
Old Corolada PRL Index for other Carriers
- From the QPST tools, launch QPST Service Programming. (Warning: This is an incredibly powerful tool, and it has the capabilities to completely brick your phone, rendering it useless. If you do not know what something does, don't touch it!)
- Make sure that your phone is selected, and click OK.
- Click the Read from Phone button. This is where you will enter your MSL/SPC code.
- Browse to the Roam tab.
- In the Preferred Roaming box, click browse. Choose your PRL file. (Note: While this shows the 60650 version, this version may or may not work for you, and this may not be the latest version.)
- Double check that you didn't change anything you weren't supposed to!
- Click the Write to Phone button. (Note: You may be promoted for your MSL/SPC code again.)
- Soft reset your phone.
- from http://discussion.treocentral.com/tr...-manually.html
Also for those of you who get choppy 3G in your area you can follow techknowfile's guide to roam on Verizon
Do you have a PRL that you see missing? If you would like to contribute to the PRL INDEX just post here and I will add to this Main Post.
Updated PRL of March 23, 2011
PHONE: HTC EVO 4G - HW002
ROM: MIUI 126.96.36.199
KERNEL: Mason EI 0.1.5 RC5 sbc
THEME: Android 4.0
RECOVERY: Amon_RA 2.3
ViperMod & v6 Supercharge