Huawei Evolution/UM840 Android 2.2 Froyo [Froyo Evolution v1.3.1]

Search This thread

Josue_181

Jun 25, 2008
Quito
my.opera.com
Hello everyone! This is a mobile phone released exclusively to Venezuela with the carrier "Movilnet" , the device shares many similarities with the Huawei U8500 which can see the complete features here.
thump_5919108huaweium840.jpg
How to make root to this device?

To rooted is used z4root found here, follow these steps:

z4rootthumb.jpg

Before installing enter settings > applications, brand unknown sources.

Also mark in settings > application development > debugging usb

When you run Z4root show us two options:

We chose permanent root wait a moment and the phone will restart, done you phone is rooted :)

If you want to remove the root for X reason open z4root and choose unroot wait a moment, the phone will restart and done! You phone is un-root.

The Froyo ROM which we install comes from the Huawei U8500 but such as they are devices with differences in the hardware there are limitations which are as follows:

The radio fm, the multitouch and front camera not working.

There are also problems with the main camera, but the rest if it works well here a translation of the post #1 of the thread that is created in the forums of CANTV:

This is not my work, the main developer is alfred_2 @digialfred (in twitter) and our main forum is Main CANTV Forum for Huawei UM840 (in spanish)

Installing Froyo (2.2) on our Um840:

There are two ways to do this

1) This is the most simple one, it consists in applying the froyo beta ROM from Huawei U8500 directly using force upgrade but you'll lose all your personal settings and if you want to go back to Eclair (2.1) you must also force upgrade using Movilnet's Official 2.1 ROM with the same consequences of U8500 beta force upgrading.
You need to download Huawei U8500 Froyo ROM Beta, unzip it al look for the dload folder with size is 211MB, then copy it into your sdcard root folder (/sdcard).
Now shut down your phone and turn it on by pressing EndCall+VolumeUp+Power buttons.
After the process it will show an error message, remove your battery for 3 seconds, put it back and turn on your phone. Done you have now Froyo on your UM840
This method is a contribution made by Airex0

2) This way is a little bit more methodic but in advantage you can make android backups of your phone and restore them whenever you want to go back to 2.1.
To install Froyo Evolution you must meet theses minimun reqs:
1. Have root access (wich you can get using z4root
2. Install Android Terminal Emulator from android market
3. Download and put in sdcard/recovery these files: Flash_image and recovery.img
4. Open Android Terminal Emulator (you need to be rooted) and input this to install ClockworkMod Recovery:

#su (enter) (grant root permissions)
#mount -o remount,exec /dev/block//vold/179:1 /sdcard (enter)
#cd /sdcard/recovery (enter)
#./flash_image recovery recovery.img (enter)

You shouldn't get any message back close your terminal.

5.Put this file Froyoevo1.3.1 without unzipping it in your sdcard root folder (/sdcard) and shut down your phone.
6. Turn on your phone by pressing Power+VolumeUp+Call, it should boot in recovery clockworkmod.

Its HIGHLY recommended to make a backup of your current configuration, this can be done in the "backup and restore" option then "backup"

7. After creating the backup select the option "install from sdcard"
8. then select ""choose zip from sdcard"
9. select froyo evolucion 1.3.1.zip
10. go down and select the Yes option and wait.
11. When it's done press your back key and select "wipe data/factory reset"
12. Select the option "reboot system now"
13. You are done, now you have Froyo (2.2) in your UM840 with your backup from 2.1 in case you need it in the future.

Can i go back to 2.1 in case i don't like 2.2?
If you followed recommendations and made your backup just go into recovery mode (Power+VolumeUp+Call buttons when turning on your phone) choose backup and restore, then restore, choose one of your backups and done. you'll have your UM840 back on 2.1 just like you had it before flashing.

If you didn't made a backup you'll need to download the official Movilnet's ROM unzup it and put it into a folder called dload in your sdroot folder (/sdcard/dload) and turn on your phone pressing Power+VolumeUp+ENDCALL, in about 3 minutes you'll have your brand new-like UM840.

Improvements after installing Froyo Evolution:

Greater speed.

Better battery performance.

Move app´s to the microSD.

Personally I'm still with the Stock ROM because I don't want to lose the function of the multitouch and FM radio, so we would appreciate if any member of this forum help us with the development of this ROM to make it completely functional.

Any suggestion is received.

Last edited:

ellerygonz

Apr 10, 2011
Delta Amacuro, Tucupita
excellent theme now to wait for others to join us comrades who have this device and some fellow xda expert in the field to help us improve this rom and to correct any flaws! Greetings ...

Last edited:

wicho

Apr 10, 2011
Well, this cell is becoming very popular here in Venezuela ... I dont have this phone (yet), partly because I'm hoping that it becomes possible to upgrade to Froyo. So here I am, supporting the initiative ...

Saludos

wicho

Reactions: ellerygonz

ellerygonz

Apr 10, 2011
Delta Amacuro, Tucupita
Well, this cell is becoming very popular here in Venezuela ... I dont have this phone (yet), partly because I'm hoping that it becomes possible to upgrade to Froyo. So here I am, supporting the initiative ...

Saludos

wicho

thank you very much buddy! :cool: well and waiting to join colleagues who hold more um840 huawei evolution to make our voice heard and so any partner to help us tailor the version of the U8500 Froyo our um840!

alkainer

Jan 22, 2010
Hello friends, thanks for the thread, please somebody that know about kitchen and can to create froyo 2.2 for this device with all its funtions. ;)

victorramonescobar

Aug 14, 2010
hey guys, also I have the Android, has become very popular in this country, really worth an upgrade to Froy, but without losing any of its features ... Greetings! is that by this means the answers will flow ....!

Huawei evolution!

sansagara

May 3, 2010
FM RADIO

Has anyone tried to install the FM radio App that comes with the CM7 version of the Nexus One? I think it works by allowing the FM capabilities of the nexus processor! Maybe that can work on the UM840 too. I don't currently have the app, but will try to extract it and install it. We'll see what happens!
-
alguien ha intentado instalar la App de radio FM que viene con el CM7 de Nexus One? Puede funcionar, pues creo que estan basados en el mismo principio...
--
ACTUALIZACION: Consegui la aplicacion! Alguien con un UM840 que lo pruebe? Tambien vi unos archivos raros relacionados con la radio en /system/bin. Puedo montarlos luego...

Saludos!
LSAS

Attachments

• FM.apk
    332.5 KB · Views: 172
Last edited:

Josue_181

Jun 25, 2008
Quito
my.opera.com
Has anyone tried to install the FM radio App that comes with the CM7 version of the Nexus One? I think it works by allowing the FM capabilities of the nexus processor! Maybe that can work on the UM840 too. I don't currently have the app, but will try to extract it and install it. We'll see what happens!
-
alguien ha intentado instalar la App de radio FM que viene con el CM7 de Nexus One? Puede funcionar, pues creo que estan basados en el mismo principio...
--
ACTUALIZACION: Consegui la aplicacion! Alguien con un UM840 que lo pruebe? Tambien vi unos archivos raros relacionados con la radio en /system/bin. Puedo montarlos luego...

Saludos!
LSAS
Hey thank you very much for the APK, leave a message in the forums of CANTV for you people who have installed froyo evolution her try and see if it works..

Jonniher

Apr 12, 2008
Cucuta
-
--

Saludos!
LSAS

I just tried and the radio does not work APK
Froyo evolucion 1.3.1
Thanks

Last edited:

jaet1402

May 3, 2008
-
--

Saludos!
LSAS

hi everybody.... Some partners of the cantv foro has installed the apk and doesn´t work.. Still waiting for some solution to this problem!!! Thanks a lot who can help us!!!

sansagara

May 3, 2010
FM Radio

Buenas a todos! Efectivamente, la aplicación no corre por si sola! Necesita algunos archivos para su funcionamiento. Mi ultimo intento es este: Descarguen el archivo adjunto y copien su contenido (archivos .so) en el directorio /system/lib mediante Root Explorer o Terminal Emulator; reinicien y prueben nuevamente la aplicación instalada antes con el FM.apk.

Me dejan saber que tal les fue, kizas pueda preguntarle a un colega que puso a funcionar la Radio FM en su Droid X.

Saludos!
LSAS

Josue_181

Jun 25, 2008
Quito
my.opera.com
Move app´s to the microSD with Eclair!

In the forums of CANTV published the steps to move the applications to the microSD with Eclair! Later update the main post but to those who are impatient you can go to the Forums of CANTV and follow the steps published by victor_escobar in the thread 62.

To enjoy it! :D

Last edited:

rester_mvp

Oct 30, 2009
I found some room including 2.3

I registered in CANTV forums but I get the confirmation email

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello everyone! This is a mobile phone released exclusively to Venezuela with the carrier "Movilnet" , the device shares many similarities with the Huawei U8500 which can see the complete features here.
    thump_5919108huaweium840.jpg
    How to make root to this device?

To rooted is used z4root found here, follow these steps:

z4rootthumb.jpg

Before installing enter settings > applications, brand unknown sources.

Also mark in settings > application development > debugging usb

When you run Z4root show us two options:

We chose permanent root wait a moment and the phone will restart, done you phone is rooted :)

If you want to remove the root for X reason open z4root and choose unroot wait a moment, the phone will restart and done! You phone is un-root.

The Froyo ROM which we install comes from the Huawei U8500 but such as they are devices with differences in the hardware there are limitations which are as follows:

The radio fm, the multitouch and front camera not working.

There are also problems with the main camera, but the rest if it works well here a translation of the post #1 of the thread that is created in the forums of CANTV:

This is not my work, the main developer is alfred_2 @digialfred (in twitter) and our main forum is Main CANTV Forum for Huawei UM840 (in spanish)

Installing Froyo (2.2) on our Um840:

There are two ways to do this

1) This is the most simple one, it consists in applying the froyo beta ROM from Huawei U8500 directly using force upgrade but you'll lose all your personal settings and if you want to go back to Eclair (2.1) you must also force upgrade using Movilnet's Official 2.1 ROM with the same consequences of U8500 beta force upgrading.
    You need to download Huawei U8500 Froyo ROM Beta, unzip it al look for the dload folder with size is 211MB, then copy it into your sdcard root folder (/sdcard).
    Now shut down your phone and turn it on by pressing EndCall+VolumeUp+Power buttons.
    After the process it will show an error message, remove your battery for 3 seconds, put it back and turn on your phone. Done you have now Froyo on your UM840
    This method is a contribution made by Airex0

2) This way is a little bit more methodic but in advantage you can make android backups of your phone and restore them whenever you want to go back to 2.1.
    To install Froyo Evolution you must meet theses minimun reqs:
    1. Have root access (wich you can get using z4root
    2. Install Android Terminal Emulator from android market
    3. Download and put in sdcard/recovery these files: Flash_image and recovery.img
    4. Open Android Terminal Emulator (you need to be rooted) and input this to install ClockworkMod Recovery:

#su (enter) (grant root permissions)
    #mount -o remount,exec /dev/block//vold/179:1 /sdcard (enter)
    #cd /sdcard/recovery (enter)
    #./flash_image recovery recovery.img (enter)

You shouldn't get any message back close your terminal.

5.Put this file Froyoevo1.3.1 without unzipping it in your sdcard root folder (/sdcard) and shut down your phone.
    6. Turn on your phone by pressing Power+VolumeUp+Call, it should boot in recovery clockworkmod.

Its HIGHLY recommended to make a backup of your current configuration, this can be done in the "backup and restore" option then "backup"

7. After creating the backup select the option "install from sdcard"
    8. then select ""choose zip from sdcard"
    9. select froyo evolucion 1.3.1.zip
    10. go down and select the Yes option and wait.
    11. When it's done press your back key and select "wipe data/factory reset"
    12. Select the option "reboot system now"
    13. You are done, now you have Froyo (2.2) in your UM840 with your backup from 2.1 in case you need it in the future.

Can i go back to 2.1 in case i don't like 2.2?
    If you followed recommendations and made your backup just go into recovery mode (Power+VolumeUp+Call buttons when turning on your phone) choose backup and restore, then restore, choose one of your backups and done. you'll have your UM840 back on 2.1 just like you had it before flashing.

If you didn't made a backup you'll need to download the official Movilnet's ROM unzup it and put it into a folder called dload in your sdroot folder (/sdcard/dload) and turn on your phone pressing Power+VolumeUp+ENDCALL, in about 3 minutes you'll have your brand new-like UM840.

Improvements after installing Froyo Evolution:

Greater speed.

Better battery performance.

Move app´s to the microSD.

Personally I'm still with the Stock ROM because I don't want to lose the function of the multitouch and FM radio, so we would appreciate if any member of this forum help us with the development of this ROM to make it completely functional.

Any suggestion is received.
    Excelent, now we wait for help, meanwhile let's keep looking for other ROMs to test like that one from ideos x3

Saludos

wicho