5,596,179 Members 33,872 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[GUIDE] Install CM7 or CM10 + Recovery to EMMC - ALL NOOK COLORS! (Updated:11/19/12)

Tip us?

bp_
Old
Thanks Meter 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Theteflondon View Post
I was trying to flash a cm9 rom and when it booted up the setup wizard kept crashing. so i tried flashing a new build. no matter what i do it keeps booting into cwm i even tried flashing the original cm7 rom that i started with and it keeps booting into cwm what should i do?
Did you wipe the cache and the Davlik cache?

leapinlar
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 3396

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Theteflondon View Post
I was trying to flash a cm9 rom and when it booted up the setup wizard kept crashing. so i tried flashing a new build. no matter what i do it keeps booting into cwm i even tried flashing the original cm7 rom that i started with and it keeps booting into cwm what should i do?
Look at this post. I was trying to help him and he came up with this.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...php?p=23864432
See my Nook Color Tips Thread here,
and my Nook Color EMMC Partition Repair Thread here,
and my Nook Color Updated CM SD Installation Instructions here,
and my Nook HD/HD+ stock tips thread here
and my Nook HD/HD+ CWM Root Tools thread here
e.mote's Nook HD/HD+ Dummies Guide for installing CM10.1/CM10.2 here

yourbuddypal
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Thank you for the wonderful and easy to follow guide. I just picked up a nook color because it was cheap and decided to use this method to install on the EMMC vs the SD card install that I did for my GF's nook last fall. The EMMC feels a little snappier to me with CM 7.2.

I had 2 small hiccups. The first, my SD card is not compatible with the nook when running cm7. Its weird, i was able to install everything fine, but the card is just not recognized by the device now that its up and running. I am not surprised though, because I had to use a different card for the last install so I wasn't expecting much.

The other issue I had - when going to the android market, apps would not install. I did a factory reset from the settings and used a different google account. After doing so, its working fine!

Thanks again!

Theteflondon
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Has anyone else had this issue? My nook seems to detect tripple the amount of wifi spots than my ipad or laptop. Because of this immense amount of options it seems my connection to my own is unstable. Alot of the time it says my access point is not in range and when i scan for it it wont even show up on the list. I have tried messing with router settings to fix this (like changing the channel of the router) and it seems to work for a day then the same thing happens. However the laptop and ipad never have an issue. What could be my problem? To make matters worse I live in a neighborhood of multifamily homes and apartment buildings so the amount of routers on my list here is well over 20...

robertoluz
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default Status Bar

Have followed the instructions a couple of times, but have a problem where there is no status Bar present.... what to do??

Aldo101t
Old
Thanks Meter 1104
does the nook have to be rooted before this procedure or does this aquire root, thanks

leapinlar
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 3396

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aldo101t View Post
does the nook have to be rooted before this procedure or does this aquire root, thanks
It does not need to be rooted before this procedure and is rooted when all is complete.

lepa71
Old
Thanks Meter 80
I'm running Dualboot Mirage CM7 / ICS CM9 Image for SDcard by racks11479 and I'm ready to fully move roms on NC itself.
My question is:
Can I just use rom manager to flash CWR to NC and then install one of the roms?

Thanks

leapinlar
Old
(Last edited by leapinlar; 27th April 2012 at 11:26 PM.)
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 3396

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by lepa71 View Post
I'm running Dualboot Mirage CM7 / ICS CM9 Image for SDcard by racks11479 and I'm ready to fully move roms on NC itself.
My question is:
Can I just use rom manager to flash CWR to NC and then install one of the roms?

Thanks
Yes, by booting to CWM recovery after it is installed. Don't try to do it from ROM Manager on the SD. See my last tip here:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...php?p=25354258

Edit: But wait, you are running racks SD so he may have CWM recovery on the SD. If he does, just go for it. Use ROM Manager.

Sent from my Nook Color running ICS and Tapatalk

lepa71
Old
Thanks Meter 80
Can you explain why not to try to install CWM recovery from ROM manager? I looked at your thread and it's exactly what I want to install recovery to emmc.

Also, is there a way to migrate configured ROM from SD card to emmc?

Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by leapinlar View Post
Yes, by booting to CWM recovery after it is installed. Don't try to do it from ROM Manager on the SD. See my last tip here:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...php?p=25354258

Sent from my Nook Color running ICS and Tapatalk