Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Post Reply

Any developers here?

OP commodoor

14th April 2011, 01:26 AM   |  #31  
Senior Member
Flag Cork
Thanks Meter: 37
 
296 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2010
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by zdzihu

So here's simple root package that is supposed to work for Arc. It's not tested as I don't have the device myself - just made it for my buddy who got the phone few hours ago and successfully unlocked.

I modified the original initrd to provide the root shell. Use it to copy su binary file + install Superuser.apk to achieve root.

This is only for people who understand what they are doing!
If you don't... just wait for some tutorials etc!


1. Unlock the bootloader
2. Download the boot.img http://www.mediafire.com/?il5sb1n45fw5dxa
3. fastboot flash boot boot.img
4. adb shell -> remount system rw -> push su into /system/bin
5. Install Superuser.apk

Cheers,
z

Thanks for your efforts so far. I'm on an xperia play here and I'd like to test this as well. Can you maybe tell me how to dump the needed files to create such an image?
14th April 2011, 07:46 AM   |  #32  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 12
 
272 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2008
More
Thanks zdzihu!

Can i do a fastboot recovery instead to test if the boot.img works for my Arc?

Quote:
Originally Posted by zdzihu

So here's simple root package that is supposed to work for Arc. It's not tested as I don't have the device myself - just made it for my buddy who got the phone few hours ago and successfully unlocked.

I modified the original initrd to provide the root shell. Use it to copy su binary file + install Superuser.apk to achieve root.

This is only for people who understand what they are doing!
If you don't... just wait for some tutorials etc!


1. Unlock the bootloader
2. Download the boot.img http://www.mediafire.com/?il5sb1n45fw5dxa
3. fastboot flash boot boot.img
4. adb shell -> remount system rw -> push su into /system/bin
5. Install Superuser.apk

Cheers,
z

14th April 2011, 08:58 AM   |  #33  
vegetaleb's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Beirut
Thanks Meter: 860
 
5,686 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2010
More
My camera MOD is ready to be tried but it need Root.
So no words from Clockwork and Amon RA?
14th April 2011, 09:23 AM   |  #34  
commodoor's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Venlo
Thanks Meter: 66
 
911 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2008
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by vegetaleb

My camera MOD is ready to be tried but it need Root.
So no words from Clockwork and Amon RA?

You mean the .xml file for jpeg compression Nice also would like to try it out
14th April 2011, 09:28 AM   |  #35  
vegetaleb's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Beirut
Thanks Meter: 860
 
5,686 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2010
More
Yep!
And I want to use the ''ultra bright'' option in Nexus Torch too
Re-install all my apps from N1 using Titanium backup
14th April 2011, 09:51 AM   |  #36  
zdzihu's Avatar
Retired Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter: 5,175
 
647 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2008
Donate to Me
As you probably noticed the previous boot.img didn't work... Here's a new one - that should work fine. Only thing changed vs stock image is default.prop - nothing to brick your phone

Again, flash via fastboot

http://www.mediafire.com/?sp9b3d867eccffm


Cheers,
z
Last edited by zdzihu; 14th April 2011 at 09:54 AM.
14th April 2011, 09:59 AM   |  #37  
vegetaleb's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Beirut
Thanks Meter: 860
 
5,686 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2010
More
It's for rooting or recovery?
14th April 2011, 10:14 AM   |  #38  
Ivymike52's Avatar
Member
Thanks Meter: 4
 
69 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by zdzihu

As you probably noticed the previous boot.img didn't work... Here's a new one - that should work fine. Only thing changed vs stock image is default.prop - nothing to brick your phone

Again, flash via fastboot

http://www.mediafire.com/?sp9b3d867eccffm


Cheers,
z

Nothing... this does not work either!
No sonyericsson logo appears
Last edited by Ivymike52; 14th April 2011 at 10:33 AM.
14th April 2011, 10:38 AM   |  #39  
zdzihu's Avatar
Retired Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter: 5,175
 
647 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2008
Donate to Me
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivymike52

Nothing... this does not work either!
No sonyericsson logo appears

Thanks for checking... guess I'll remove the link until I get my hands on the Arc and test it myself


Cheers,
z
14th April 2011, 10:41 AM   |  #40  
Ivymike52's Avatar
Member
Thanks Meter: 4
 
69 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by zdzihu

Thanks for checking... guess I'll remove the link until I get my hands on the Arc and test it myself


Cheers,
z

Thanks for your works anyway

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes