***ATTENTION IF YOU ARE COMING FROM A 4349+ STOCK ROM or MOD based off that PLEASE VISIT THE FOLLOWING LINK TO DOWNGRADE YOUR BOOTLOADER AND TNT VERSION BEFORE FLASHING CWM AND THIS OR ANY OTHER ROM****
VEGAn-TAB GingerEdition STABLE RC1
RC1? What happened to BETA? I skipped it... this was a MAJOR overhaul of code and features (this is one reason it has been a month since the experimentals stopped) and has really reached the stable build point. So what's missing? Nothing except High Definition Video Hardware Decoding... not sure if we will ever get that one working right on Gingerbread. Here are some of the feature additions and changes that have been done since the last Experimental:
* Uses the latest Pershoot kernel as of 04/09 - (install any modules you need using the instruction set at the bottom of this post ***most don't need this additional functionality***)
* Switched over to newer Camera Rotation Fix
* Added Tablet Friendly Launcher VTL.Launcher
to the launcher options
* Screenshots/DDMS fixed
via several commits to Nvidia GIT etc.
* Added in the External Storage Format and Unmount
* Pulled in the Tablet Tweaks
* Modified Tablet Tweaks to not Break our Device or Google API's
* Fixed up the Fullscreen handling issue
* Edited Statusbar buttons to fit with VEGAn-TAB Styling
* Newer Boot Animation - lowered quality to improve boot performance and speed
* Fixed layout of Launcher and added settings to settings page if default
* Added basic Google Apps
to avoid confusion
* Added Tablet version of Quick Office
* Added Basic Tablet Keyboard Layout for English version of Gingerbread Keyboard
* Changed Default Browser User Agent to Desktop
* Added code to remove Phone Settings without losing market functionality
* Lot's of code cleanups and minor bug fixes
The Google apps has already been applied. Market WILL NOT SHOW
in app drawer until you CONNECT TO A WIRELESS NETWORK
. ONLY THE APPS THAT YOU CAN'T GET FROM THE MARKET ARE INSTALLED. Stuff like GMAIL, MAPS, etc. need installed through market. This way you will easily stay up to date on those apps. MY APPS in the market WORKS if it doesn't for you then you have restored something you shouldn't data or app wise or not followed the directions correctly.
Also installed is the QuickOfficeHD (pulled from adam).
SINCE THIS IS A MAJOR RELEASE VERSION - NO MATTER THE ROM YOU ARE COMING FROM YOU MUST WIPE DATA!
- Use Titanium Backup or similar to save app data. HOWEVER do NOT restore any system app data.... ie. Wireless Settings, CMParts Setting, etc.
After the first boot, and all the setup screens, PROMPTLY
reboot the tablet to finish installation.
Install this using CWM 0.8
only at the moment. Till we can figure out why some tablets have issues with newer CWM versions.
****The Latest Flash player from the market now works. Latest google maps now works download from the market.****
Internal Memory is mapped to SDCard and external SD Card is mapped to SDCard2.
Quadrant = 2100
Nenamark = 41 fps
DOWNLOAD is now in the downloads section here: http://vegantab.gojimi.com/downloads
Direct Download: http://vegantab.gojimi.com/download/...ony-signed.zip
MD5: a90c97381d156ed5f43cdd2030472689 VEGAn-GE-7.0.0-RC1-Harmony-signed.zip
I am going to work on a more specialized installation instructions set soon I think. Installation is just like the experimentals through CWM wipe data/cache/dalvik... no exceptions. It could take up to 5 minutes to boot the first time as it is building the dalvik database and cache. Remember to reboot after first boot and setup screens to finish installation. ---- If you have issues booting the first time (ie. boot loops) and you have never run any other gingerbread build before then you probably need to NVFLASH to stock before you can run any GingerBread builds as there is a partition issue from factory on your device.... NVFLASH to stock will repartition everything for you.
Bug Reports can be done here in the forum for now... though I am working on http://vegantab.gojimi.com/bugtracker
but we are having some issues with new user signups at the moment.
Installing any of the additional kernel modules:
visit pershoots blog and find the latest post about gtab/zpad kernel: http://droidbasement.com/db-blog/
find the following and download:
lib-2632.36.tar.gz (kernel modules)
To use one of the kernel modules:
Pull the one you want from lib-2632.36.tar.gz (winrar can open this),
(if the folder modules doesn't exist then first - adb shell mkdir /system/lib/modules)
adb push MODULE.ko /system/lib/modules/
adb shell chmod 644 /system/lib/modules/MODULE.ko
adb shell insmod /system/lib/modules/MODULE.ko
You can download gscript lite from the Market, and put the insmod line in there, and tap when you want to insert it and use its functionality. ie. insmod /system/lib/modules/cifs.ko