Ask a question

No registration required

Fix For Dinc BootLoop with no recovery from NVRam Update

OP dknlght

12th April 2011, 04:25 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 3

28 posts
I finally successfully recovered my BootLooped Incredible after i incorrectly updated the NV item of my phone. My situation was a little different than most bootloop error because no matter which stock rom or recovery image I flash nothing would stop it from rebooting because the NV items weren't overwritten during the flash. Then I came across a solution for the EVO by cutthroatamft on how he recovered his EVO from the same Mistake but unfortunately all his files were geared toward the EVO. After much searching I accidentally came across a single comment that posted a link for the ENG-HBOOT for the incredible. Now i manage to replace all the EVO specific files with the Dinc equivalent. Below is the link to the files and instructions compile by cutthroatamft but I updated it for the Dinc. Hopefully this helps someone else that has this problem. can't post a live link but I think you can figure it out

update:

Since megaupload is down and Had some people asking for a re-up here's a mediafire link to the file

http://www.mediafire.com/?cu7hu6pu75zvskh

Also as mentioned below by eljean this should work on the SLCD as well it's just your screen will be blank during the process. For those who has this Dinc I found that if the screen is blank wait a few minutes for it to fully boot then test to see if you can execute any ADB command. If you can the just type "adb reboot oem-78" this will reboot it and put it in fastboot mode which will allow you to execute the commands in the document.

update 2:
Nevermind what I said about the ADB... this worked for me on another phone but I realize you'll probably won't get to a point where you can execute the command because your phone in a loop LOL. So I guess getting to fastboot blind folded is your only option
Last edited by dknlght; 29th February 2012 at 04:39 AM. Reason: new link
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dknlght For This Useful Post: [ View ]
12th April 2011, 05:47 PM   |  #2  
Flag Dedham, MA
Thanks Meter: 39

289 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dknlght

I finally successfully recovered my BootLooped Incredible after i incorrectly updated the NV item of my phone. My situation was a little different than most bootloop error because no matter which stock rom or recovery image I flash nothing would stop it from rebooting because the NV items weren't overwritten during the flash. Then I came across a solution for the EVO by cutthroatamft on how he recovered his EVO from the same Mistake but unfortunately all his files were geared toward the EVO. After much searching I accidentally came across a single comment that posted a link for the ENG-HBOOT for the incredible. Now i manage to replace all the EVO specific files with the Dinc equivalent. Below is the link to the files and instructions compile by cutthroatamft but I updated it for the Dinc. Hopefully this helps someone else that has this problem. can't post a live link but I think you can figure it out

www megaupload . com /?d=RCZBCDDA

That's a great find and good little zip/guide to get it set up.

The engineering HBOOT can be quite useful for many things besides flashing/erasing certain partitions. The inc community just hasn't used it that much.
12th April 2011, 07:05 PM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 57

255 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tdiman

That's a great find and good little zip/guide to get it set up.

The engineering HBOOT can be quite useful for many things besides flashing/erasing certain partitions. The inc community just hasn't used it that much.

.77 Will not work on a Slcd Inc, if on Slcd we have no eng
9th June 2011, 10:51 PM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 0

19 posts
HELP, I am having this problem with my incredible with an SLCD i put the .77 hboot on and then put the other zip in. I couldnt see the screen so i put it in fastboot by memory. I got remote failed errors the entire time.

Should I try putting the evo Hboot on this. I have no idea what else to do.
11th June 2011, 12:12 AM   |  #5  
des moines ia
Thanks Meter: 43

591 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattjt21

HELP, I am having this problem with my incredible with an SLCD i put the .77 hboot on and then put the other zip in. I couldnt see the screen so i put it in fastboot by memory. I got remote failed errors the entire time.

DO NOT USE EVO HBOOT
I don't know how to help you but I'm almost 100 percent sure that will brick it

Sent from my DROIDX using XDA App
11th June 2011, 07:08 PM   |  #6  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Dover, DE
Thanks Meter: 373

2,131 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattjt21

The guy above you kinda said .77 won't work with SLCD... I honestly don't know how to fix that, but do NOT flash an Evo HBOOT.

I don't wanna come back and see you saying you flashed it anyways lol.

Sent from my Droid Incredible running CM7.0.3.
24th July 2011, 07:01 AM   |  #7  
Flag Bronx
Thanks Meter: 96

394 posts
More
im sorry to revive an old thread but I cant seem to do this everytime I try to execute a command it responds with

FAILED (Remote: Not allowed)

any help?
24th July 2011, 08:20 AM   |  #8  
Account currently disabled
Flag Pittsburgh, PA
Thanks Meter: 22

384 posts
More
Boot poop?

Sent from my Synergy Rom
24th July 2011, 03:41 PM   |  #9  
Flag Bronx

394 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by masully1984

Boot poop?

Sent from my Synergy Rom

ummm what?
24th July 2011, 05:03 PM   |  #10  
Flag Bronx

394 posts
More
OMFG MAN I LOVE U SO MUCH !!! I FIXED IT !!

The error I was making is that the Hboot you provided is within a .zip file but I didnt know and then I saw. It turned the screen all black because I have a SLCD Incredible but then I just did everything basically blind folded. You just saved me $200 !!! I EFFIN LOVE U MAN, WHENEVER U COME TO NYC WE PARTYIN BRO !!!!

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread