Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,807,518 Members 50,650 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Very little Dissapointed by htc desire s

Tip us?

RogerPodacter
Old
Thanks Meter 396
Quote:
Originally Posted by kartkk View Post
the shops near where i live are still selling them for a price much higher than the original desire.but its good news that the price is down in the uk, maybe i can expect another price cut

@mariu$ i understand that the dual core i better for games but i heard that there is no lagg during video play back on the Desire S from a few friends (not sure though)...it is just that im worried about the heat its gonna produce for the higher processing power...
but i guess we cant say anything about that too until its put into a test
dual core is supposed to actually get better battery life than single core because the CPU's are more efficient, do less work for the same processing power, and are newer and optimized better.
Past projects
Github
My N1 Battery Project

Phone: Nexus 5
ROM: stock rooted
Recovery: CWM Touch

olyloh6696
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1,547
Quote:
Originally Posted by RogerPodacter View Post
dual core is supposed to actually get better battery life than single core because the CPU's are more efficient, do less work for the same processing power, and are newer and optimized better.
Early reviews on the lg optimus 2x says that battery life on dual core is more or less the same as the old style single cores. Above is what the companies claim, but do you rember they said that with the origimal snapdragon?? They said battey life on it will be as good as other phnoes at the time? But they were wrong

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk
Google Nexus 4 Stock Kit Kat 4.4.4
Advent Tegra Note 7 Stock Kit Kat 4.4.2
Ployer Momo20 Quad Stock Jelly Bean 4.2.2
If This Post Has Helped, Press
Thanks!

olyloh6696
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1,547
Quote:
Originally Posted by olyloh6696 View Post
Early reviews on the lg optimus 2x says that battery life on dual core is more or less the same as the old style single cores. Above is what the companies claim, but do you rember they said that with the origimal snapdragon?? They said battey life on it will be as good as other phnoes at the time? But they were wrong

Also remember these are the first generation of dual cores so they may not be as well optimized yet! Kust like 2nd gen snapdragon inproved mainly performance amd effiency (therefore improving battery life!

Google Nexus 4 Stock Kit Kat 4.4.4
Advent Tegra Note 7 Stock Kit Kat 4.4.2
Ployer Momo20 Quad Stock Jelly Bean 4.2.2
If This Post Has Helped, Press
Thanks!