Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,731,170 Members 49,201 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Claystone 1.0 Release (no more beta) New Android home screen replacement and launcher

Tip us?

claystoneinc
Old
(Last edited by claystoneinc; 15th July 2011 at 05:00 PM.) Reason: Claystone 1.0 Release - Update 5 - and Our First Theme
Retired Recognized Developer - OP
Thanks Meter 123
Default Claystone 1.0 Release (no more beta) New Android home screen replacement and launcher

** Claystone Launcher- A quick update and we just launched our first theme pack **

- A lot has been happened over the last month with Claystone Launcher
- We have now had over 14,000 downloads combined from the following App Stores:

Android Market
Android Freeware Market
Handango / Appia
SlideMe
MobiHand
GetJar
Handster
Aproov

** Themes **

- We just launched our first theme called BlueBerry and added skinning to the features
- We designed and launched a solid business user theme with a clear, crisp interface and colour scheme
- Our goal is to release many themes over the next few months (catching up wit the other launchers)

- Search Android Market fore the keyword "claystone" to install and see all the latest.

** New Features ***

- Besides themes we added sharing functionality and more customization and preferences (a big request from our users)
- Performance and memory management was tweaked and enhanced over a challenging 5 week period of intensive testing, retesting, and responding to user feedback and suggestions
- Launching a new home screen replacement has really been challenging because there are so many solid options already available
- Claystone works on more devices and adjust performance settings to match the hardware capabilities
- Performance can also be adjusted through Preferences if you want to tinker with speed and performance

** We Debuted Claystone on XDA Forums and your feedback is welcomed **

- We welcome your comments, feedback, suggestions and requests for additional Claystone themes.
- Inside the App you can conveniently "Share Claystone" item on the options menu to share Claystone with your friends.
- You can also conveniently rate Claystone and send the Claystone Team a feedback email from Claystone preferences

*** Thanks ***

- I thought I would take some time to reconnect with the XDA forum community and say thank you for all your support and feedback over the last two months.

- I have uploaded some of the latest screen shots and the current APK if you would like to see all the latest changes.

### Minimum Requirements

- Android smart phone or tablet
- Android 2.1 and higher
- OpenGL 1.1 and higher
- Normal screen size or higher
- Medium screen density (160 mdpi) or higher

Claystone Is Now Available in the following App Stores:

- Android Market
- Amazon Android App Store (soon)
- Android Freeware Market
- SlideMe App Store
- Handango App Store (Appia)
- GetJAR App Store

- Search for the keyword "Claystone" to install Claystone from Android Market
- To get the latest version use Android Market updates
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	apps.jpg
Views:	2414
Size:	45.6 KB
ID:	655732   Click image for larger version

Name:	widgets.jpg
Views:	1361
Size:	35.3 KB
ID:	655733   Click image for larger version

Name:	blueberry-theme-widgets.jpg
Views:	1099
Size:	42.8 KB
ID:	655738   Click image for larger version

Name:	blueberry-theme-contacts.jpg
Views:	1075
Size:	35.0 KB
ID:	655743   Click image for larger version

Name:	blueberry_desire.jpg
Views:	853
Size:	93.3 KB
ID:	655755  

Click image for larger version

Name:	blueberry_galaxy2.jpg
Views:	902
Size:	95.9 KB
ID:	655756  
Attached Files
File Type: apk claystone-1-updatte4.apk - [Click for QR Code] (1.37 MB, 1769 views)
File Type: apk claystone-theme-blueberry-v1-3.apk - [Click for QR Code] (180.7 KB, 852 views)
The Following 29 Users Say Thank You to claystoneinc For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Marchief
Old
Thanks Meter 57
Sound amazing and would live to help you test it, but where's the link?

Sent from my HTC Desire using XDA App
Nexus 10 Running: Stock JB 4.2.2

Don't say thanks, press it!---------------------------------------------------------------------------->

Anthonok
Old
Thanks Meter 181
Sounds sweet

Sent from my Desire HD using XDA Premium App

pantera70
Old
Thanks Meter 73
Initial impression is that its very confussing and difficult to use... it took me a while to work out what I was looking at. Don't get the widget folder as it negates what a widget is. I do like the potential concept, but this really needs a lot more thought into user experience.

To start with look at changing the folder controls to make them easier to select.

This is a very original approach and I'll going to watch this one with interest...

Sent from my HTC Desire using XDA Premium App

Device History - HTC G1 - HTC Desire - Nexus S - Galaxy Nexus - Nexus 5 - HTC One M8
The Following User Says Thank You to pantera70 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

ms_green
Old
Thanks Meter 17
Often only shows black screen on HTC legend.
The dock icons are too big and there is hardly any customization possible.

But it is a really interesting idea and different from other launcher. I'll stay tuned.

Sent from my HTC Legend
Register your dropbox account using this link and we both get additional 500 MB for free!
http://db.tt/nnx5UB1z
The Following User Says Thank You to ms_green For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

claystoneinc
Old
Retired Recognized Developer - OP
Thanks Meter 123
Default Widget Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by pantera70 View Post
Initial impression is that its very confussing and difficult to use... it took me a while to work out what I was looking at. Don't get the widget folder as it negates what a widget is. I do like the potential concept, but this really needs a lot more thought into user experience.

To start with look at changing the folder controls to make them easier to select.

This is a very original approach and I'll going to watch this one with interest...

Sent from my HTC Desire using XDA Premium App

We would really appreciate any more detail you can provide about Widgets. We are tweaking the UI throughout the beta program and any additional ideas or recommendations would be really helpful.

Kevin

Vinsane
Old
Thanks Meter 113
Can someone post screen shots?

Sent from my HTC Glacier using XDA App

pantera70
Old
Thanks Meter 73
Quote:
Originally Posted by claystoneinc View Post
We would really appreciate any more detail you can provide about Widgets. We are tweaking the UI throughout the beta program and any additional ideas or recommendations would be really helpful.

Kevin

Unless I'm missing something the only place to add widgets is in the folder at the top of the screen. This limited the use of widgets... for example if I add a 2x2 clock thats all I can see and use unless I expand the folder. This is compounded by the difficulty in using the folder controls. Widgets are supposed to provide quick and easy access and viewing of apps and info you use most, currently this is lost in Claystone... If you could make widget use a little more traditional it would go a long way...

Like I said previously though the whole user experience would be vastly improved if you added larger controls to the folders making it quick and easy to expand/close etc.

Like ms_green says the dock is a little large and it makes the screen feel a little cramped.

Device History - HTC G1 - HTC Desire - Nexus S - Galaxy Nexus - Nexus 5 - HTC One M8
The Following User Says Thank You to pantera70 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

cyansmoker
Old
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 588

DONATE TO ME
A very short review, sorry for being blunt:

* On my Droid Incredible: great, now applications are even smaller/hard to read. UI is not very responsive. Toolbar buttons are too small but making them any bigger would mean even less real estate.

* Tablet: Ooooh now you're talking! The layout makes much more sense, especially in landscape mode. This is actually getting closer to WebOs' take on multitasked UI.

I think this app has a great future on tablets.
Projects / Android: Gyf - Root Tools - Native Tools - Alt Mounter - Wire 4 AirDroid -Live Watches - tinysu - Chrome Launcher - etc

Anon9mouz
Old
Thanks Meter 755

DONATE TO ME
Ima dl right now

Sent from my SPH-D700-EPIC-using Tapatalk
Sammy Galaxy NEXUS(Sprint)-\\/
Rom: Rocking my own rom Miui V4.1 knocking things down
Radio: FH05
Kernel: Lean kernel and loven it
I envy the dumb ones.

Tags