Originally Posted by oostah
im going to try getting s off on this wildfire bee cdma. i will let you no what i find.
Awesome! Just thought I'd share some of my failed attempts to speed things up:
I replaced the public key with the test key in the stock recovery's /res/keys file, then tried a write_firmware_image. Didn't work.
I replaced the kernel in the boot.img with the bootloader, and set the load address to 0 ("jumpspl style"). Didn't do anything noticable (stayed on Alltel logo).
Another thing I noticed is my Bee's model number is PD0610000, and the one in the rom above is PD0611000. I don't know if there's anything significant in that, but between that and the massive difference in hboot versions, I'm afraid to try and flash that rom. Luckily, I found the alltel one here: h**p://u.115.com/file/t5f03f513d (can't link, even though I did before. hmm...). Someone would need to make some S-OFF patches, though, since it's a SHIP SPL.
I also thought about a unrEVOked forever style "radio hack" (for lack of a better term), but I'm not sure how to proceed down that road.
Good luck to ya