Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,806,750 Members 43,921 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[DEV][ROM] CyanogenMod 7.2.0 (Android 2.3.7)

Tip us?

[] AL []
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 644
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sigray View Post
Is the camera freezing in the latest quarx's nightly too?
I believe that this might not be a new problem at all; worst lately, I don't know, maybe... But I remember fighting this problem forever [like back then]and this got me re-install builds and re-flash sbf numerous times... I wish that I could find an olded build where the issue was less frequent, but I have yet to find it...

End the end, this is in fact one of the main reason that will get me to buy a new phone. [I say buy because nothing can repalce the Defy's thoughness on MTB rides ]. But a working camera [without hickups] is a not a luxury and it's just too bad that it is the Defy's weakest link..

Off-Topic:

Nokia has recently displayed a smartphone (still on symbian) prototype with a 31Mp camera...

The rumoured next Samsung Galaxy S3 [see pics - credits to onrefaitlemac] is also quite attractive display-wise; ceramic back cover; and finally!, they could get rid of that useless fruit-like unique home button... It might very well become my next bank breaker in a few months ...especially if they'd come any close to those screenshots...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Leaked Galaxy S3_1.JPG
Views:	549
Size:	39.6 KB
ID:	938645   Click image for larger version

Name:	Leaked Galaxy S3_2.JPG
Views:	499
Size:	28.5 KB
ID:	938646  

coolzarjun
Old
Thanks Meter 33
Can anyone give me stock cm7 bootanimation which I can flash with cwm? ?
I am on cherry picks and its boot animation is ugly :/

Sent from my DEFY

niksy+
Old
Thanks Meter 1,007
Quote:
Originally Posted by [] AL [] View Post
I believe that this might not be a new problem at all; worst lately, I don't know, maybe... But I remember fighting this problem forever [like back then]and this got me re-install builds and re-flash sbf numerous times... I wish that I could find an olded build where the issue was less frequent, but I have yet to find it...

End the end, this is in fact one of the main reason that will get me to buy a new phone. [I say buy because nothing can repalce the Defy's thoughness on MTB rides ]. But a working camera [without hickups] is a not a luxury and it's just too bad that it is the Defy's weakest link..

Off-Topic:

Nokia has recently displayed a smartphone (still on symbian) prototype with a 31Mp camera...

The rumoured next Samsung Galaxy S3 [see pics - credits to onrefaitlemac] is also quite attractive display-wise; ceramic back cover; and finally!, they could get rid of that useless fruit-like unique home button... It might very well become my next bank breaker in a few months ...especially if they'd come any close to those screenshots...
Strangely enough, I haven't had recording hiccups on any ROM I've used. (DEFY+ nightlies, WIUI, Pikachu MIUI and now CM9)... O.o

That S3 looks good even to a long time Moto fan boy (me)
  • RAZR HD | CM11 (3.0 kernel edition) | 2x1.5ghz
  • RAZR i (black)(bro's) | JB stock | 2ghz +HT
  • RAZR i (white)(mom's) | JB stock | 2ghz +HT
  • DEFY+ | CM11 experimental 3.0.8 builds by Quarx | 1ghz - retired

actino
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by measel View Post
yes it is. new naming scheme so check first file in the list.

Motorola Defy CM72120121, german Froyo base
Thanks!! wouldn't have seen it if you did not point that out.

wizwin
Old
Thanks Meter 205

DONATE TO ME
DroidSSHd is missing in CM7.2 nightly builds. I am installing it after each update. Anyone knows why?

measel
Old
Thanks Meter 383
Quote:
Originally Posted by wizwin View Post
DroidSSHd is missing in CM7.2 nightly builds. I am installing it after each update. Anyone knows why?
Some versions don't include droidsshd. eppys and maniacs do, quarx doesn't. (but how do you install it afterwards? its not an app is it? I cant back it up with titanium)

Motorola Defy CM72120121, german Froyo base
Samsung Galaxy S4 i9505, SlimKat Weekly 4265 with Xprivacy
Moto Defy/Bayer, CM11 Quarx 14-03-27 with Xprivacy

CM7 nightlys | info collection

[] AL []
Old
(Last edited by [] AL []; 10th March 2012 at 11:00 AM.)
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 644
Quote:
Originally Posted by measel View Post
(but how do you install it afterwards? its not an app is it? I cant back it up with titanium)
Yes it's an apk [I've attached the one from Epsylon3's last build] and it goes in /system/app directory.

It always surprise me to see people asking for this, but here it is again anyway:

It can easily be done with a root-enabled file explorer, but why suggest/download an extra app, when we can use what's on the phone already?..

You can the file on the root folder of your sd card [/sdcard] and then use Teminal Emulator [in app drawer] to move it and set its permission/ownership like this [enter these 6 lines each one followed by enter]:

Code:
su                             
cd /sdcard/                   
mount -o remount,rw /system/
cp -f DroidSSHd.apk /system/app
chmod 644 DroidSSHd.apk
chown 0.0 DroidSSHd.apk
Reboot and done!
Attached Files
File Type: apk DroidSSHd.apk - [Click for QR Code] (82.6 KB, 5 views)
The Following User Says Thank You to [] AL [] For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

kadopt
Old
Thanks Meter 586
If it has that style and the leaked specs (1.5ghz quad core, 4.8inch 1080p res screen, 8mpix rear and 2mpix front cams, 1gb ram etc) it's a must buy for sure! and yes that button makes no sense what so ever...

sorry for the off topic...

Quote:
In the school, the three guys met. Their relation had been changed in the season, and turned into three love stories.

Epsylon3
Old
Recognized Developer / Contributor
Thanks Meter 4,329

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Yes it's an apk [I've attached the one from Epsylon3's last build] and it goes in /system/app directory.

It always surprise me to see people asking for this, but here it is again anyway:

It can easily be done with a root-enabled file explorer, but why suggest/download an extra app, when we can use what's on the phone already?..

You can the file on the root folder of your sd card [/sdcard] and then use Teminal Emulator [in app drawer] to move it and set its permission/ownership like this [enter these 6 lines each one followed by enter]:

Code:
su                             
cd /sdcard/                   
mount -o remount,rw /system/
cp -f DroidSSHd.apk /system/app
chmod 644 DroidSSHd.apk
chown 0.0 DroidSSHd.apk
Reboot and done!
There is also a small library : /system/lib/libNativeSSHd.so (used to do some chmod)

on ics its a bit more complicated, dropbear tools are not included in standard cm9 roms... (dropbear dropbearkey sftp-server scp ssh)

(\_/)
(ಠ_ಠ
C(")(") 

CyanogenMod Maintainer
Motorola Defy, Atrix, Galaxy R and Note2 4G Intl (N7105)
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Epsylon3 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

TJKV
Old
(Last edited by TJKV; 23rd June 2013 at 10:35 AM.)
Thanks Meter 2,359
I have DSP Manager crashing on me every few calls, taking mobile connectivity down with it till a restart, so I started recording a log and continuously made calls and cut till it crashed. I've attached the logs, can someone help?

And Maniac is right, I have call recording setup by just installing an app from market. Didn't have to replace any libs.

Tags
100% no motoblur crap!, 2.3.4, beta, cm7, defy cm7, defy cyanogenmod, defy this !, epsilon3, epsylon3 also did this, knightlys, knightlys?nightlys knubs!, mb525, motorola defy, motorola should pay quarx, quarx, quarx > chuck norris, quarx for president, quarx for world emperor, quarx is our hero, quarx pown motorola, quarx rocks, quarx rules, quarx the awesome, quarx the defied messiah!, quarx the sole deity