Post Reply

[DEV][ROM] CyanogenMod 7.2.0 (Android 2.3.7)

OP Quarx

9th March 2012, 07:31 AM   |  #15811  
[] AL []'s Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 889
 
1,210 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2011
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sigray

Is the camera freezing in the latest quarx's nightly too?

I believe that this might not be a new problem at all; worst lately, I don't know, maybe... But I remember fighting this problem forever [like back then]and this got me re-install builds and re-flash sbf numerous times... I wish that I could find an olded build where the issue was less frequent, but I have yet to find it...

End the end, this is in fact one of the main reason that will get me to buy a new phone. [I say buy because nothing can repalce the Defy's thoughness on MTB rides ]. But a working camera [without hickups] is a not a luxury and it's just too bad that it is the Defy's weakest link..

Off-Topic:

Nokia has recently displayed a smartphone (still on symbian) prototype with a 31Mp camera...

The rumoured next Samsung Galaxy S3 [see pics - credits to onrefaitlemac] is also quite attractive display-wise; ceramic back cover; and finally!, they could get rid of that useless fruit-like unique home button... It might very well become my next bank breaker in a few months ...especially if they'd come any close to those screenshots...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Leaked Galaxy S3_1.JPG
Views:	549
Size:	39.6 KB
ID:	938645   Click image for larger version

Name:	Leaked Galaxy S3_2.JPG
Views:	499
Size:	28.5 KB
ID:	938646  
9th March 2012, 10:59 AM   |  #15812  
Senior Member
Flag New Delhi
Thanks Meter: 33
 
373 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2010
More
Can anyone give me stock cm7 bootanimation which I can flash with cwm? ?
I am on cherry picks and its boot animation is ugly :/

Sent from my DEFY
9th March 2012, 12:48 PM   |  #15813  
niksy+'s Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 1,013
 
1,182 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2012
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by [] AL []

I believe that this might not be a new problem at all; worst lately, I don't know, maybe... But I remember fighting this problem forever [like back then]and this got me re-install builds and re-flash sbf numerous times... I wish that I could find an olded build where the issue was less frequent, but I have yet to find it...

End the end, this is in fact one of the main reason that will get me to buy a new phone. [I say buy because nothing can repalce the Defy's thoughness on MTB rides ]. But a working camera [without hickups] is a not a luxury and it's just too bad that it is the Defy's weakest link..

Off-Topic:

Nokia has recently displayed a smartphone (still on symbian) prototype with a 31Mp camera...

The rumoured next Samsung Galaxy S3 [see pics - credits to onrefaitlemac] is also quite attractive display-wise; ceramic back cover; and finally!, they could get rid of that useless fruit-like unique home button... It might very well become my next bank breaker in a few months ...especially if they'd come any close to those screenshots...

Strangely enough, I haven't had recording hiccups on any ROM I've used. (DEFY+ nightlies, WIUI, Pikachu MIUI and now CM9)... O.o

That S3 looks good even to a long time Moto fan boy (me)
9th March 2012, 08:16 PM   |  #15814  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 2
 
25 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2011
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by measel

yes it is. new naming scheme so check first file in the list.

Motorola Defy CM72120121, german Froyo base

Thanks!! wouldn't have seen it if you did not point that out.
10th March 2012, 07:17 AM   |  #15815  
Senior Member
Flag Bangalore
Thanks Meter: 205
 
167 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2010
Donate to Me
More
DroidSSHd is missing in CM7.2 nightly builds. I am installing it after each update. Anyone knows why?
10th March 2012, 10:36 AM   |  #15816  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 432
 
722 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2011
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by wizwin

DroidSSHd is missing in CM7.2 nightly builds. I am installing it after each update. Anyone knows why?

Some versions don't include droidsshd. eppys and maniacs do, quarx doesn't. (but how do you install it afterwards? its not an app is it? I cant back it up with titanium)

Motorola Defy CM72120121, german Froyo base
10th March 2012, 10:54 AM   |  #15817  
[] AL []'s Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 889
 
1,210 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2011
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by measel

(but how do you install it afterwards? its not an app is it? I cant back it up with titanium)

Yes it's an apk [I've attached the one from Epsylon3's last build] and it goes in /system/app directory.

It always surprise me to see people asking for this, but here it is again anyway:

It can easily be done with a root-enabled file explorer, but why suggest/download an extra app, when we can use what's on the phone already?..

You can the file on the root folder of your sd card [/sdcard] and then use Teminal Emulator [in app drawer] to move it and set its permission/ownership like this [enter these 6 lines each one followed by enter]:

Code:
su                             
cd /sdcard/                   
mount -o remount,rw /system/
cp -f DroidSSHd.apk /system/app
chmod 644 DroidSSHd.apk
chown 0.0 DroidSSHd.apk
Reboot and done!
Attached Files
File Type: apk DroidSSHd.apk - [Click for QR Code] (82.6 KB, 5 views)
Last edited by [] AL []; 10th March 2012 at 11:00 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to [] AL [] For This Useful Post: [ View ]
10th March 2012, 11:33 AM   |  #15818  
kadopt's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Lisboa
Thanks Meter: 592
 
1,254 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2011
More
If it has that style and the leaked specs (1.5ghz quad core, 4.8inch 1080p res screen, 8mpix rear and 2mpix front cams, 1gb ram etc) it's a must buy for sure! and yes that button makes no sense what so ever...

sorry for the off topic...

Quote:
Originally Posted by [] AL []

The rumoured next Samsung Galaxy S3 [see pics - credits to onrefaitlemac] is also quite attractive display-wise; ceramic back cover; and finally!, they could get rid of that useless fruit-like unique home button... It might very well become my next bank breaker in a few months ...especially if they'd come any close to those screenshots...

10th March 2012, 12:22 PM   |  #15819  
Epsylon3's Avatar
Recognized Developer / Contributor
Flag Geneva
Thanks Meter: 4,330
 
1,177 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2008
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by [] AL []

Yes it's an apk [I've attached the one from Epsylon3's last build] and it goes in /system/app directory.

It always surprise me to see people asking for this, but here it is again anyway:

It can easily be done with a root-enabled file explorer, but why suggest/download an extra app, when we can use what's on the phone already?..

You can the file on the root folder of your sd card [/sdcard] and then use Teminal Emulator [in app drawer] to move it and set its permission/ownership like this [enter these 6 lines each one followed by enter]:

Code:
su                             
cd /sdcard/                   
mount -o remount,rw /system/
cp -f DroidSSHd.apk /system/app
chmod 644 DroidSSHd.apk
chown 0.0 DroidSSHd.apk
Reboot and done!

There is also a small library : /system/lib/libNativeSSHd.so (used to do some chmod)

on ics its a bit more complicated, dropbear tools are not included in standard cm9 roms... (dropbear dropbearkey sftp-server scp ssh)
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Epsylon3 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
10th March 2012, 12:29 PM   |  #15820  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 2,361
 
1,613 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2011
I have DSP Manager crashing on me every few calls, taking mobile connectivity down with it till a restart, so I started recording a log and continuously made calls and cut till it crashed. I've attached the logs, can someone help?

And Maniac is right, I have call recording setup by just installing an app from market. Didn't have to replace any libs.
Last edited by TJKV; 23rd June 2013 at 10:35 AM.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
100% no motoblur crap!, 2.3.4, beta, cm7, defy cm7, defy cyanogenmod, defy this !, epsilon3, epsylon3 also did this, knightlys, knightlys?nightlys knubs!, mb525, motorola defy, motorola should pay quarx, quarx, quarx > chuck norris, quarx for president, quarx for world emperor, quarx is our hero, quarx pown motorola, quarx rocks, quarx rules, quarx the awesome, quarx the defied messiah!, quarx the sole deity
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools
Display Modes


Top Threads in Defy Android Development by ThreadRank