Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,780,114 Members 38,048 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[DEV][ROM] CyanogenMod 7.2.0 (Android 2.3.7)

Tip us?

ccav2000
Old
(Last edited by ccav2000; 21st July 2012 at 04:26 AM.)
Thanks Meter 866
Quote:
Originally Posted by elguaxo View Post
I tried it, but I get this:

edit: for the records I tried this with Settings -> Apps -> Development -> Root access -> Apps only and Apps and ADB.
Same issue, can't update it. Also I must note that the problem happens with either the superuser app included in the rom or the updated one from the market. Whatever it is, the problem is in the binary itself.

ktmbikerman
Old
(Last edited by ktmbikerman; 21st July 2012 at 07:32 AM.)
Thanks Meter 649
Quote:
Originally Posted by maniac103 View Post
Sorry for forgetting to answer you.
The problem is that log proves that I'm sort of stuck. The connection drops due to the network, the framework tries to make the RIL forget the old connection (which it already - incorrectly - has, but that's workarounded) and tries to reconnect, but the RIL doesn't answer to that reconnection request. At this point, I don't know how to handle that: I could try to re-try the connection request, but given the RIL didn't answer to the first request, it's probably broken already anyway...

BTW, I wouldn't hold my hopes too high that a later CM version will be able to fix that issue. It's the Motorola binary blob that's broken here, and there's a high chance that it only worked on the stock ROM 'by accident', meaning that the code path responsible for the hang wasn't triggered, e.g. due to slightly different timing.
Hi maniac, thanks for the response... I pretty much thought this problem lies with the moto code as it is present on CM7, CM9 and now on CM10.

The problem is definitely network dependant, I ported my wife's defy is to a different carrier and has since never had a disconnection issue (on CM9).

I can quite easily force the disconnect by manually switching between certain networks.

Not sure if you've seen this thread I started to try characterize the problem.
Galaxy S3 | Carbon Rom | Boeffla Omni 2.4b NG Kernel

BetoFlakeS
Old
(Last edited by BetoFlakeS; 21st July 2012 at 08:08 AM.)
Thanks Meter 4
Default One question...

Excuse me, can I flash this rom in a mb526?

Sent from my GT-I9100 using xda app-developers app
Razr HD XT925 - Mokee Jelly Bean

Galaxy Tab 2 GT-P5110 - CM11

ktmbikerman
Old
Thanks Meter 649
Quote:
Originally Posted by BetoFlakeS View Post
Excuse me, can I flash this rom in a mb526?

Sent from my GT-I9100 using xda app-developers app
No... unless you install a BL6 Froyo kernel, which I wouldn't recommend as there are battery charging issues. Stick to defy plus builds.
Galaxy S3 | Carbon Rom | Boeffla Omni 2.4b NG Kernel

maniac103
Old
Thanks Meter 793

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by ccav2000 View Post
Same issue, can't update it. Also I must note that the problem happens with either the superuser app included in the rom or the updated one from the market. Whatever it is, the problem is in the binary itself.
Yes, it definitely is. The problem is with the permissions set on the socket used for communication between su and the Superuser app.

I think I know what's wrong, I just need to find the time to try it.

Gesendet von meinem MB525 mit Tapatalk 2
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to maniac103 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

bharaththeunique
Old
Thanks Meter 184
Quote:
Originally Posted by ccav2000 View Post
Had similar problem in cm10 yesterday.....I think d su binary gets corrupted due to repeated attempts....so...I wiped system using twrp and reflash ROM.....data wipe not necessary....only system wipe......and den once u do that everything back to normal.....for updating binary superuser is giving problems....so download it manually from xda or romtoolbox and push it to /system/xbin and set perms.

Sent from my MB526 using xda app-developers app

ccav2000
Old
Thanks Meter 866
Quote:
Originally Posted by maniac103 View Post
Yes, it definitely is. The problem is with the permissions set on the socket used for communication between su and the Superuser app.

I think I know what's wrong, I just need to find the time to try it.

Gesendet von meinem MB525 mit Tapatalk 2
That's good news, in the mean time I'll just wait for the fix since I don't need the root for daily operations.

marhensa
Old
Thanks Meter 1,134
sorry being out of topic here.
but you guys should check it out.

a new possibilities to run custom kernel with kexec on our Defy.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...&postcount=582

Sent from TapaTalk | MotoDEFY - Android Jelly Bean 4.1.1

| Google Android Phone | Google Nexus 4 | it's Android | it's Google | it's NEXUS | Nexus FTW! |
| [KitKat 4.4 - Cataclysm ROM |
| Latest Semaphore KK 4.4 Kernel |

The Following User Says Thank You to marhensa For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

maniac103
Old
Thanks Meter 793

DONATE TO ME
New nightly uploaded with fixed root
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to maniac103 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

oSandmaNo
Old
Thanks Meter 441

DONATE TO ME
@maniac103
do you build only for defy? not defy+?
Nexus 5

Tags
100% no motoblur crap!, 2.3.4, beta, cm7, defy cm7, defy cyanogenmod, defy this !, epsilon3, epsylon3 also did this, knightlys, knightlys?nightlys knubs!, mb525, motorola defy, motorola should pay quarx, quarx, quarx > chuck norris, quarx for president, quarx for world emperor, quarx is our hero, quarx pown motorola, quarx rocks, quarx rules, quarx the awesome, quarx the defied messiah!, quarx the sole deity