[APP] Grid Size file manager

OP JustinBrew

13th April 2011, 07:01 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 7

15 posts
This is my first android application. I was using an application for windows to view what was eating up my ssd and thought it would be nice to have something on android that could do that.

I also implemented file manager controls (copy,cut,paste,delete,rename,new folder).

As I said I'd really like some feedback, being my first app and all.

Free(ads): Grid Size File Manager Free
Demo(noads): **Unpublished** not needed with free version.
Paid(noads): Grid Size File Manager
(links in next post, thanks willverduzco)

From the app description (What it does!):
Grid Size file manager has all the functionality you expect from a file manager with a useful visual feature. The grid view graphically displays the contents of your storage drive proportional to the size of each folder and file. The grid view also supports image controls so that you can zoom and pan to view folders.

Standard list view is also available for the folder tree, useful for typical file manager functionality and for interacting with files and folders that are empty and thus not displayed in the grid view.

To begin, tap the "scan storage" button. After scan is complete, you are shown your folders via GridView. See below to access ListView. Tap on a colored box to open a folder, labeled via the lighter colored band at the top of each box. To open a file within a folder, simply tap that box and select "ok" when prompted to open that file.

You can zoom in at any time with a standard pinch zoom. You can also pan around by holding your finger down and dragging across the screen. Press and hold on a folder or file to interact with it. Available commands include: open, copy, cut, paste, rename, delete and new folder. Tap the back button on your phone to go back to the previous level of folders.

Last edited by JustinBrew; 14th April 2011 at 04:53 PM.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to JustinBrew For This Useful Post: [ View ]
13th April 2011, 08:01 PM   |  #2  
Portal Administrator
n͖̜̺y̥͔̗̝̠̩̜c̖͙͇̲̞
Thanks Meter: 2,870

6,373 posts
Nice app idea.

Here are the links:
The Following User Says Thank You to willverduzco For This Useful Post: [ View ]
13th April 2011, 08:07 PM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member

15 posts
Thanks a lot!
14th April 2011, 08:12 AM   |  #4  
Flag Chippewa
Thanks Meter: 25

488 posts
More
Here are my requests
"open folder location" in file manager controls
Add % in Grid mode

This app is petty kick ass. I've always wondered where the heck all my free space went
Last edited by psycho_maniac; 14th April 2011 at 08:21 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to psycho_maniac For This Useful Post: [ View ]
14th April 2011, 09:44 AM   |  #5  
Flag Pittsburgh
Thanks Meter: 108

271 posts
Donate to Me
This saves me from mounting my phone and doing the same process with a desktop app. A+ application! Thanks a ton!
14th April 2011, 11:42 AM   |  #6  
Thanks Meter: 1

15 posts
Great app, could do with smooth animations and zooming like DiskUsage, otherwise I think I prefer your app. Loads much faster than DiskUsage does! Will come in handy when frantically trying to free up some space to copy something to the SD card.

HTC Desire Leedroid 2.3d Froyo
14th April 2011, 12:59 PM   |  #7  
OP Junior Member

15 posts
psycho_maniac, thanks for the suggestions!

Those would be pretty easy to implement. When you say open folder location you mean like you can type in a location and it will open it?

Or maybe even have some sort of search functionality would be pretty useful.

kdb, antcodd, thank you!
Last edited by JustinBrew; 14th April 2011 at 01:04 PM.
14th April 2011, 01:40 PM   |  #8  
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter: 1,475

767 posts
Donate to Me
Love this app. Smooth and perfect. Thank

Does full version has KB/MB/GB indication ?
Last edited by ukanth; 14th April 2011 at 01:59 PM.
14th April 2011, 02:10 PM   |  #9  
OP Junior Member

15 posts
ukanth, it has the kb indication on the grid folders and files. I does not have it in the list view. I could put the kb in the current folder status bar at the bottom but currently I only have the percentage of storage and folder name.

These are great suggestions! Keep them coming!
14th April 2011, 03:11 PM   |  #10  
Flag Chippewa
Thanks Meter: 25

488 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustinBrew

psycho_maniac, thanks for the suggestions!

Those would be pretty easy to implement. When you say open folder location you mean like you can type in a location and it will open it?

Or maybe even have some sort of search functionality would be pretty useful.

kdb, antcodd, thank you!

No I mean like long press on a location, lets say i see the "media" folder in /sdcard/media" using 50% long pess on that grid and select "open folder location" and it opens "/sdcard/media" with your default file explorer and you can delete stuff.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
app, manager, size, storage
Previous Thread Next Thread