[TUTORIAL] Sony Ericsson Xperia Arc bootloader unlocking
Quick tutorial for unlocking new Xperia devices. Although there is one on the SE developer website, this thread can be used for users to discuss their problems during unlocking etc.
Warning! This procedure will wipe the /data partition of your phone.
-fastboot package: http://www.multiupload.com/BMJ24IL6XY
-32/64bit drivers: http://www.multiupload.com/0XZV1LXRVA
2. Go to: http://unlockbootloader.sonyericsson.com/instructions
3. At the bottom click 'Continue' and enter your IMEI (type *#06# to find out), name and email address
4. You should now receive your unique unlock key
5. Extract fastboot.rar and open fastboot folder
6. Hold SHIFT and right click on the background of the folder
7. Select 'Open command window here'
8. Connect your phone in fastboot mode (turn phone off, hold menu button and plug in USB Cable)
9. In the cmd windows type in fastboot.exe -i 0x0fce getvar version
10. If a value is returned, it means the phone is correctly connected
11. Type in fastboot.exe -i 0x0fce oem unlock 0xKEY
and replace KEY
with the key provided in step 4.
12. You're device should now be bootloader unlocked
If this tutorial is too much for you then itskapil wrote a step-by-step guide (and recorded a video also):
Phone: HTC One HBoot: 1.44.0000 Security: OFF