[Q] My first smartphone! So my own Q+A
Ok... well I got a Samsung Focus. This is my first smartphone coming from a Pantech Pursuit, a (?) Quickfire, and an LG shine. It's absolutely amazing how fun and how great this thing is compared to those phones (although its a bit odd that some of those were more feature rich than this).
Anyway.. I have a few questions probably mostly relating to the WP7 software. If anyone can answer all or some of these.. that'd be great.
1. Not sure I full understand the start button thing. So, yes, it takes me back to the home screen. But is my previous app or page still running? For example if I'm playing a game, hit the home screen, go into another game, hit the home screen... are both of those games still running and slowing down my phone? Is it best to hit the start button when I want to end something, or is it best to hit the back button until I'm home?
2. Picture messaging. I have unlimited texts and pics with ATT. I also have data off since I'm on a limited data plan. However, it won't let me send picture messages with data off. Does it use the data connection to send pictures, but in this specific case it charges it as a picture message (free) rather than data usage?
3. Calendar. Is there a way to set tasks and stuff rather than appointments?
4. Calls. How can I look at previous call info, such as call time? It only appears to give me the call time and nothing else. Not a big deal if that's it.. but kind of weird.
5. Messaging. How can I delete all, rather than just delete a specific convo? Is there a drafts folder?
6. Pictures. Can I organize these on my phone? It says it takes down gps location, but I can't find a way to actually view that info.. do I need to upload it to skynet or something?
7. Where's a good nav?? Where's my damn update??
I think I have more questions but that's all I can think of for now.