Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,769,021 Members 45,453 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

spb shell 3d

Tip us?

sukiyaki
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Default spb shell 3d

Well I just want to share my experience with this launcher on defy. Still in beta, need to improve alot of things (configuration, more widgets...). But looks promising. I really like it. The big problem -at least for me- is that runs a bit slow. I think the program eats too much memory since my cpu monitor shows nearby always the minimum speed possible (300Mhz).

My configuration is UK froyo 2.2 with pays 3.0 or something and setvsel 1200mhz.

WIIstpM
Old
(Last edited by WIIstpM; 14th April 2011 at 01:56 PM.)
Thanks Meter 273
Quote:
Originally Posted by sukiyaki View Post
Well I just want to share my experience with this launcher on defy. Still in beta, need to improve alot of things (configuration, more widgets...). But looks promising. I really like it. The big problem -at least for me- is that runs a bit slow. I think the program eats too much memory since my cpu monitor shows nearby always the minimum speed possible (300Mhz).

My configuration is UK froyo 2.2 with pays 3.0 or something and setvsel 1200mhz.
Pays-rom eats quite a lot of RAM ya know?
Shell 3D is amazing! Blazing fast!
I used Pays-Rom 5.1 I liked it a lot but I was getting to much freezes and lags.
I switched to LiquidArc and running SPB Shell 3D on it and it's super smooth (41fps)
Also clear you apps cache it may improve speed.
Btw 1200Mhz is too high it can affect performance try around the 1000-1100 Mhz.

sukiyaki
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by WIIstpM View Post
Pays-rom eats quite a lot of RAM ya know?
Shell 3D is amazing! Blazing fast!
I used Pays-Rom 5.1 I liked it a lot but I was getting to much freezes and lags.
I switched to LiquidArc and running SPB Shell 3D on it and it's super smooth (41fps)
Also clear you apps cache it may improve speed.
Btw 1200Mhz is too high it can affect performance try around the 1000-1100 Mhz.
Yeah i know pays isnt de best of best, but I'm waiting to see what happens in the next months to change my rom (maybe unlocked bootloader or cm7 port comes).

But i don't understand what you say that 1200Mhz can affect perfomance? I set 1200 because I play FPSE.

thanks for your reply.

GandalfderWeise
Old
Thanks Meter 1
The CPU needs more than 64vsel to run stable @ 1,2ghz and more than 64 vsel/1,4volt damage and slow down a 40nm² cpu

WIIstpM
Old
Thanks Meter 273
Quote:
Originally Posted by sukiyaki View Post
Yeah i know pays isnt de best of best, but I'm waiting to see what happens in the next months to change my rom (maybe unlocked bootloader or cm7 port comes).

But i don't understand what you say that 1200Mhz can affect perfomance? I set 1200 because I play FPSE.

thanks for your reply.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GandalfderWeise View Post
The CPU needs more than 64vsel to run stable @ 1,2ghz and more than 64 vsel/1,4volt damage and slow down a 40nm² cpu
That's what I mean!! 1200Mhz can, be unstable, heats up your Defy (40-45'C!!) And eats battery like hell.

Sent from my MB525 using XDA Premium App

mainbord
Old
Thanks Meter 43
I am using sbf 3.4.2 155 with 162fix ans spb mobile shell 3D and in ta work very fast.

shensan23
Old
Thanks Meter 0
It takes too many RAM,my device cannot work well

mauri121
Old
Thanks Meter 1
La vera que ami tambien me parecion muy lento, lentisimo!!! es muy atractivo, pero tiene esa gran contra =(

5starfish
Old
Thanks Meter 2
i have tried it, it was laggy as hell.

MazaMoto
Old
Thanks Meter 15
I tried this on my Defy stock 2.1 (Update 2.59)
Worked well, however I noticed that CPU utilisation was a bit high. I mean in stock form the CPU used to get @ 600MHz frequency during normal browsing but with Shell3D launcher it used to run @ 800Mhx frq most of the time.

I know this is quite natural considering the 3D widgets & all the cool effects, but I uninstalled it so as to save some battery.