FORUMS

OnePlus 2 Bares All in New Tear Down Gallery

Last year, the launch of the OnePlus One, dubbed ‘the flagship killer’, visibly … more

Focus – An Attractive But Raw Gallery Replacement

Focus is an attractive new app built by XDA members Liam Spradlin … more

How to Root the LG G4 and Install TWRP Recovery – XDA TV

A rooting method has finally been found for the flagship LG G4. In this … more

New Xposed for Lollipop 5.0 Update Fixes Major Bugs

Senior Recognized Developer rovo89 has patched Xposed for Lollipop 5.0 to … more

spb shell 3d

34 posts
Thanks Meter: 1
 
By sukiyaki, Member on 14th April 2011, 01:16 PM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
Well I just want to share my experience with this launcher on defy. Still in beta, need to improve alot of things (configuration, more widgets...). But looks promising. I really like it. The big problem -at least for me- is that runs a bit slow. I think the program eats too much memory since my cpu monitor shows nearby always the minimum speed possible (300Mhz).

My configuration is UK froyo 2.2 with pays 3.0 or something and setvsel 1200mhz.
 
 
14th April 2011, 01:54 PM |#2  
Senior Member
Flag Vacoas
Thanks Meter: 302
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sukiyaki

Well I just want to share my experience with this launcher on defy. Still in beta, need to improve alot of things (configuration, more widgets...). But looks promising. I really like it. The big problem -at least for me- is that runs a bit slow. I think the program eats too much memory since my cpu monitor shows nearby always the minimum speed possible (300Mhz).

My configuration is UK froyo 2.2 with pays 3.0 or something and setvsel 1200mhz.

Pays-rom eats quite a lot of RAM ya know?
Shell 3D is amazing! Blazing fast!
I used Pays-Rom 5.1 I liked it a lot but I was getting to much freezes and lags.
I switched to LiquidArc and running SPB Shell 3D on it and it's super smooth (41fps)
Also clear you apps cache it may improve speed.
Btw 1200Mhz is too high it can affect performance try around the 1000-1100 Mhz.
Last edited by WIIstpM; 14th April 2011 at 01:56 PM.
15th April 2011, 08:45 AM |#3  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by WIIstpM

Pays-rom eats quite a lot of RAM ya know?
Shell 3D is amazing! Blazing fast!
I used Pays-Rom 5.1 I liked it a lot but I was getting to much freezes and lags.
I switched to LiquidArc and running SPB Shell 3D on it and it's super smooth (41fps)
Also clear you apps cache it may improve speed.
Btw 1200Mhz is too high it can affect performance try around the 1000-1100 Mhz.

Yeah i know pays isnt de best of best, but I'm waiting to see what happens in the next months to change my rom (maybe unlocked bootloader or cm7 port comes).

But i don't understand what you say that 1200Mhz can affect perfomance? I set 1200 because I play FPSE.

thanks for your reply.
15th April 2011, 08:43 PM |#4  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
More
The CPU needs more than 64vsel to run stable @ 1,2ghz and more than 64 vsel/1,4volt damage and slow down a 40nm² cpu
15th April 2011, 08:50 PM |#5  
Senior Member
Flag Vacoas
Thanks Meter: 302
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sukiyaki

Yeah i know pays isnt de best of best, but I'm waiting to see what happens in the next months to change my rom (maybe unlocked bootloader or cm7 port comes).

But i don't understand what you say that 1200Mhz can affect perfomance? I set 1200 because I play FPSE.

thanks for your reply.


Quote:
Originally Posted by GandalfderWeise

The CPU needs more than 64vsel to run stable @ 1,2ghz and more than 64 vsel/1,4volt damage and slow down a 40nm² cpu

That's what I mean!! 1200Mhz can, be unstable, heats up your Defy (40-45'C!!) And eats battery like hell.

Sent from my MB525 using XDA Premium App
15th April 2011, 09:08 PM |#6  
Senior Member
Flag Moscow
Thanks Meter: 49
 
More
I am using sbf 3.4.2 155 with 162fix ans spb mobile shell 3D and in ta work very fast.
17th April 2011, 08:04 AM |#7  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
It takes too many RAM,my device cannot work well
20th April 2011, 03:52 AM |#8  
mauri121's Avatar
Member
Flag Salta capital
Thanks Meter: 1
 
More
La vera que ami tambien me parecion muy lento, lentisimo!!! es muy atractivo, pero tiene esa gran contra =(
20th April 2011, 04:02 PM |#9  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 2
 
More
i have tried it, it was laggy as hell.
24th April 2011, 04:48 AM |#10  
MazaMoto's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 15
 
More
I tried this on my Defy stock 2.1 (Update 2.59)
Worked well, however I noticed that CPU utilisation was a bit high. I mean in stock form the CPU used to get @ 600MHz frequency during normal browsing but with Shell3D launcher it used to run @ 800Mhx frq most of the time.

I know this is quite natural considering the 3D widgets & all the cool effects, but I uninstalled it so as to save some battery.
24th April 2011, 07:40 AM |#11  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 15
 
More
cyanogenmod 7 running spd 3d shell is smooth like silk, even with 900mhz only. i believe non overclock CM7 can run this easily.

on 2.2, running spd 3d shell with OC 1Ghz lag like crazy!

so install CM7, buy Quarx a beer, and enjoy spd 3d shell!

Read More
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes