Recognized Developer
Flag Hermitage, PA
Thanks Meter: 9,671

5,239 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by egzthunder1

What about a different approach? Someone just suggested changing egl files one by one. Then, Martin believes that there is an apk (or a few) that may be causing the lack of stability.... can you guys cook a Rom with the bare minimum (as close to aosp as humanly possible) to get it booting and add the apks one by one? This should easily rule out the culprit(s)...

Just a thought. This is what I used to do when a Rom in my blue angel wouldn't boot...

As I said, I'm not at home, but even if I was, I don't really know enough about the "behind the scene" workings of the phone (which apks depend on which libs, etc). But when I get home (about 2 hours from now), I'll see what I can cook up

Sent from my PC36100 using XDA Premium App
21st April 2011, 11:20 PM   |  #1002  
Recognized Themer
Thanks Meter: 7,598

6,341 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinchenzop

Tmartin posted a patch a few pages back...literally called patch_test.zip

Downloading both now to see what i can do.
21st April 2011, 11:22 PM   |  #1003  
Flag Great Falls
Thanks Meter: 37

285 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:

As I said, I'm not at home, but even if I was, I don't really know enough about the "behind the scene" workings of the phone (which apks depend on which libs, etc). But when I get home (about 2 hours from now), I'll see what I can cook up

Same here ima get home at the same time and swap them egl and maybe try to help you cook up something if u need help.

21st April 2011, 11:27 PM   |  #1004  
Recognized Developer
Flag Hermitage, PA

5,239 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by parham1234

Same here ima get home at the same time and swap them egl and maybe try to help you cook up something if u need help.

You've probably got more experience at all this than me lol, but we'll see what we can get going/need tested when that time comes.

And again...has anyone heard from virus/know if he's doing any work on this, and if so, what sort of progress he has made. I know he's busy with life, work, and his own projects, but someone had said he was going to look into it a bit, and I haven't seen anything since then

21st April 2011, 11:27 PM   |  #1005  
OP Recognized Developer
Flag Westerville, Ohio
Thanks Meter: 1,579

2,118 posts
Donate to Me
More
Thanks guys...You can just make a bunch copies of my patch and just delete all but one lib file. Then rename the zip to the lib file and throw them all on your sd. Flash v0.1 then each patch file individually.
21st April 2011, 11:30 PM   |  #1006  
Flag Great Falls

285 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by TMartin03

Thanks guys...You can just make a bunch copies of my patch and just delete all but one lib file. Then rename the zip to the lib file and throw them all on your sd. Flash v0.1 then each patch file individually.

That's actually a really good idea.

21st April 2011, 11:30 PM   |  #1007  
Recognized Themer
Thanks Meter: 7,598

6,341 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TMartin03

lol thats what i was just working on
21st April 2011, 11:31 PM   |  #1008  
Flag Great Falls

285 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:

You've probably got more experience at all this than me lol, but we'll see what we can get going/need tested when that time comes.

And again...has anyone heard from virus/know if he's doing any work on this, and if so, what sort of progress he has made. I know he's busy with life, work, and his own projects, but someone had said he was going to look into it a bit, and I haven't seen anything since then

Ur being generous I don't really have much experience but I know some stuff. Lol

21st April 2011, 11:33 PM   |  #1009  
Member Advocate Admin - Spirit of XDA
Flag At The Good End Of My Hammer, Likes: My Family & XDA, Dislikes: Incompetence
Thanks Meter: 5,010

18,533 posts
More
Quote:

It must exist, somewhere, a list with all the core, must-be-there-or-else-it-won't-boot apks for Android (chef central, maybe)...

At over 500 MB, HTC put everything but the kitchen sink in this Rom... we should be able to strip it down to its jimmies and work our way up.... jm2cw
21st April 2011, 11:41 PM   |  #1010  
Recognized Developer
Flag Hermitage, PA

5,239 posts
Donate to Me
More
I had stripped a copy down to like 220ish (imagine a mechanic from an old movie just throwing random parts out from under the hood off a car), but it was before the kitchen had been updated and that rom would not try to load, it'd just throw me back to fastboot.

I thought I had screwed up by pulling something out that was needed and I deleted that "working folder" to start from scratch

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
8========================, ======================) ~, awesome, awesome sauce, bootloops, dedication, dragons, earn that 50 cents, egl sucks, give up, itscalledareacharound, lack of sense, non cm7, roflmao, rosie, sense, sense 3.0, skilled devs at work, swagswagswagswagswagswag, thisthreadisdildos, what can't we port?, wraparound
Previous Thread Next Thread