[Q] Applied update, phone rebooted, now uhh?

Search This thread

creativenate88

Jan 26, 2011
Ok, so I updated from stock, using official update phone rebooted and stayed at samsung screen forever it kept blinking and vibrating. Pulled battery, tried restarting it goes samsung loading bar -> VM welcome -> flashing/vibrating samsung screen.....I can get into recovery AND download mode. Tried clearing cache, factory reset, and updating again, but still gets stuck at samsung screen. I am desperate guys I really need help, I am going on a LONG road trip this weekend and need my phone so ANY help would really be appreciated. THANKS!

smithracing11

Aug 19, 2010
When u say update do u mean u went from ex. 2.1 to 2.2.... android that is? U should elaborate a hit more, if what I mentioned is the case then revert back to the ROM prior to the update. If u give more info I may be able to help from my personal experiences

Sent from my HTC HD2 using XDA App

creativenate88

Jan 26, 2011
Yes used official update went from 2.1 (stock) to 2.2 as the update finished, it got stuck in a sort of boot cycle, stuck at a samsung screen keeps flashing samsung logo, and vibrating. wont fully boot

ajones23

Apr 13, 2011
New Braunfels,Tx
OK, I saw on my facebook page samsung intercept page. Mediafire link to download update.zip file,has anyone tried this. Will this work,if it bricks my phone i will be pissed...

old_dude

Oct 9, 2010
There's always the chance that a phone can get bricked, no mater what ...even from an 'official' update from your service provider. With that said, however, I've downloaded the Virgin Mobile 2.2 Froyo update file that's floating around and it installed no problem on my phone.

For the first poster ....I believe that the stock recovery is necessary for the VM 2.2 update to work. I won't swear on that though.

Here's what I did. Downloaded the 2.2 VM Froyo update to my laptop. Renamed it 'update.zip'. Copied it to the root of my sdcard on my Intercept via bluetooth. Booted into recovery mode and applied the update. Twiddled my thumbs while it updated itself from recovery and then rebooted....and the reboot takes a while, maybe 5 minutes. Presto ...2.2 Froyo.

Last edited:

old_dude

Oct 9, 2010
Ok, so I updated from stock, using official update phone rebooted and stayed at samsung screen forever it kept blinking and vibrating. Pulled battery, tried restarting it goes samsung loading bar -> VM welcome -> flashing/vibrating samsung screen.....I can get into recovery AND download mode. Tried clearing cache, factory reset, and updating again, but still gets stuck at samsung screen. I am desperate guys I really need help, I am going on a LONG road trip this weekend and need my phone so ANY help would really be appreciated. THANKS!

I think that you didn't wait long enough...as the reboot takes a looooong time, maybe 5 minutes or more at least. Patience is a virtue.

ajones23

Apr 13, 2011
New Braunfels,Tx
Okay guys,im new here. I installed VM Froyo 2.2 update.zip,it seems to work fine. A bit slow but its still booting up. I installed stock rom,stock kernal, and update.zip,in that order. And backup works too,wiped dalvik cashe to. I like this forum its more informative,will let yall know more later. Thanks.

old_dude

Oct 9, 2010
Okay guys,im new here. I installed VM Froyo 2.2 update.zip,it seems to work fine. A bit slow but its still booting up. I installed stock rom,stock kernal, and update.zip,in that order. And backup works too,wiped dalvik cashe to. I like this forum its more informative,will let yall know more later. Thanks.

You're making this way to convoluted. All that one needs to do when updating from stock 2.1 on the VM Intercept is to download the (official unofficial) update file, rename it to 'update.zip' on the root of the sdcard, boot into recovery, and apply the update. That's it. It installs Froyo and the new radio, etc, itself...all from the update.zip. No need to mess with kernels and recovery or wipe anything ....except one's own azz if they go take a chit while waiting for it to reboot. In fact, when I updated it even kept all of my 2.1 widgets and icons and imported them into Froyo ...I didn't need to do a thing.

Oh, I see ....you had to convert your Intercept back to 'stock' first. Nevermind...

Last edited:

ajones23

Apr 13, 2011
New Braunfels,Tx
Yes, i did i downloaded stock rom,stock kernal and stock recovery all .zip. Put stock.zips in sdx/zip folder and update.zip 2.2 in root on sdcard. Installed all three wiped dalvik cashe rebooted each time in custom recvery. When i got to stk rec. rebooted to stock rec. Ran update.zip 2.2 may take a while but it booted no problems.

smithracing11

Aug 19, 2010
Can u get the phone into download more with any button sequences, YouTube it if u don't know what i mean(mobiletechvideos) then y will need to use odin to use tp download an official Samsung Rom.... PM if u need help

Sent from my SGH-T959 using XDA App

kidnickles

Mar 23, 2011
hey people first post longtime reader any way i got my samsung intercept update
just fine saved all adw stuff and everything but i cant root anymore {big up to z4root} anyone can help?

kneel

Jan 16, 2011
sorry trying to delete my posts.
Love XDA but but for interecpt help Go to SDX forums

Last edited: