[GPS Scripts][DEC.05.2011 1.2 REGIONAL LOCATIONS RELEASED!]

Search This thread

AngelDeath

DEC 05 2011:

REGIONAL GPS Scripts Updated from 1.0 to 1.2!

[This is a duplicate post I posted in the Aria forum] Mods if this is in the wrong forum and better suited in the general forum, please feel free to move.

Greetings All,

I would like some people to beta test something I have been working on in the HD2 forum, which I think will benefit MOST people. I cant guarantee it will work for everyone. I started this project in the HD2 forum because the GPS drivers are not complete with agps support, and made a new gps script to aide in helping lock times to be quicker, and to lock onto more sats. Which has been successful.

I have an Aria that I had laying around and my daughter wanted to use, so I decided to let her use it, which I just rooted, flashed a stock att rom, and upped the radio to current, then installed gps status and tried testing the gps. I was getting 2 sats with difficulty, after I replaced the gps.conf file, my lock time shortened very quickly and instantly had locks to 9 sats.

So even though I know the file is universal and just about any android phone can use this, I would like if people could try my file and post results here to see if it helps people with trouble with their GPS and even if you dont have trouble, if you just want to try it.

Some Inspire users that I have suggested this to have had positive results, which lead me to post in this forum to help and see if it makes a difference for anyone else. (I have an Inspire 4G as well)

Most from what I see only get a lock to 4 or 5 sats, seems 9-12 is unheard of. The files are in CWR so flashing it through recovery should not be a problem. If you want you can just pull the gps.conf file from the zip and adb push the file. The link obviously is in my Signature, but just to make it easy:

Instantaneous GPS Fixation v1.2! *FOR ALL ANDROIDS PHONES!*

Of course by the name, I have made files for the USA broken down into 6 regions, and I also made files for 62 countries.

If it works for you, please hit the Thanks button, do not fill the posts up with Thanks thats what the mods made a button for. If you feel the urge to donate, please feel free coffee does wonders.

But I am more then happy just to give back to XDA with what I can. If any Dev's wish to use any of my files, you may do so as long as credit is given where credit is due.

All 1.0 Files have been upgraded, Please read The Original Post about the Updates

Last edited:

sjkoellner

Sep 26, 2010
Kennewick
Didn't work well for me. 3 sat fix almost instantly but then it would take about 5 min to get a location lock and the accuracy was absolute ****e. With stock settings I could lock outside in 15-20 sec with 20 meter accuracy. Guess I need to learn to leave good 'nuf alone.

Sent from me using this thing.

vietpunk916

Oct 7, 2009
With the app GPS status.. my CM7 (final build) takes 2 minutes to reach 2-3 satellites and the app isn't done testing! With this script, the app took 6 seconds for full 7 sat lock on! 6 seconds and the app was DONE testing...! Thank you!!!! ps testing was in-doors.

phoenix2217

Dec 21, 2010
;) You get a wink OP. Thats how amazing this script is. Inside, during a thunderstorm, I got 11 SAT locks :) Amazing stuff.

phoenix2217

Dec 21, 2010
I flashed country as the Northeast one wouldn't download on my phone lol Works just fine. But Im going to try the Northeast one today and see if I get the same results.

Reactions: lrs421

AngelDeath

The 1.1 has been broken down for the US regions, all the links should work, remember they will not download from a phone, and I have no idea why, but if anyone has any trouble downloading the files check to make sure you have pop-up blockers off, also if you click on it it will open a new window with a blank page and a gold download bar, or you could try right clicking the link and try open in new tab.

the new versions are more focused specifically for the different regions.

But I am glad its working well for most of you. Glad to help out.

Phoenix-Lead

Oct 11, 2010
San Diego, CA
The 1.1 has been broken down for the US regions, all the links should work, remember they will not download from a phone, and I have no idea why, but if anyone has any trouble downloading the files check to make sure you have pop-up blockers off, also if you click on it it will open a new window with a blank page and a gold download bar, or you could try right clicking the link and try open in new tab.

the new versions are more focused specifically for the different regions.

But I am glad its working well for most of you. Glad to help out.

You seem to be on to something here. I made a simple set of files for the Captivate and I like what you have done so far. Great work!

phoenix2217

Dec 21, 2010
Hey Angel, 1 thing. When I install the North-East ZIP, the script says now installing for US Mid-West? Anyone else confirm?

Nickovtyme

Jan 19, 2011
ok am total noob here, but where or how do I find how many locks? I've looked all over and can't find it.

I'm sure its pretty simple but for the life of me....

Nickovtyme

Jan 19, 2011
Download gps test or gps status from the market

Sent from Desire HD or Inspire 4G or whatever this thing is called via premium XDA app.

ahhhh...silly me. I thought it was something already on there. Learn something new everyday.

Thanks, Irs421...seems like you've answered alot of my questions the past couple of days. :)

EDIT: After all that... 9 Sats in 20 seconds.

Last edited:

AngelDeath

Hey Angel, 1 thing. When I install the North-East ZIP, the script says now installing for US Mid-West? Anyone else confirm?

Yes the install script on all of them says the same thing, I was doing it at 3am and was too tired to do the banners for each and every place. :)

And thank you for everyone trying it out, I hope my next version is a success as well as this verison.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    DEC 05 2011:

REGIONAL GPS Scripts Updated from 1.0 to 1.2!

[This is a duplicate post I posted in the Aria forum] Mods if this is in the wrong forum and better suited in the general forum, please feel free to move.

Greetings All,

I would like some people to beta test something I have been working on in the HD2 forum, which I think will benefit MOST people. I cant guarantee it will work for everyone. I started this project in the HD2 forum because the GPS drivers are not complete with agps support, and made a new gps script to aide in helping lock times to be quicker, and to lock onto more sats. Which has been successful.

I have an Aria that I had laying around and my daughter wanted to use, so I decided to let her use it, which I just rooted, flashed a stock att rom, and upped the radio to current, then installed gps status and tried testing the gps. I was getting 2 sats with difficulty, after I replaced the gps.conf file, my lock time shortened very quickly and instantly had locks to 9 sats.

So even though I know the file is universal and just about any android phone can use this, I would like if people could try my file and post results here to see if it helps people with trouble with their GPS and even if you dont have trouble, if you just want to try it.

Some Inspire users that I have suggested this to have had positive results, which lead me to post in this forum to help and see if it makes a difference for anyone else. (I have an Inspire 4G as well)

Most from what I see only get a lock to 4 or 5 sats, seems 9-12 is unheard of. The files are in CWR so flashing it through recovery should not be a problem. If you want you can just pull the gps.conf file from the zip and adb push the file. The link obviously is in my Signature, but just to make it easy:

Instantaneous GPS Fixation v1.2! *FOR ALL ANDROIDS PHONES!*

Of course by the name, I have made files for the USA broken down into 6 regions, and I also made files for 62 countries.

If it works for you, please hit the Thanks button, do not fill the posts up with Thanks thats what the mods made a button for. If you feel the urge to donate, please feel free coffee does wonders.

But I am more then happy just to give back to XDA with what I can. If any Dev's wish to use any of my files, you may do so as long as credit is given where credit is due.

All 1.0 Files have been upgraded, Please read The Original Post about the Updates
    I flashed country as the Northeast one wouldn't download on my phone lol Works just fine. But Im going to try the Northeast one today and see if I get the same results.
    Sorry USA Links fixed, all working now. I missed a "." in the file name.
    ajm786,

Added more gps command codes.