5,601,062 Members 48,163 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Stuck at Motorola logo and RSD mode 3

Tip us?

jai134
Old
(Last edited by jai134; 15th April 2011 at 12:45 PM.) Reason: Additional information
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Default Stuck at Motorola logo and RSD mode 3

I'm new to Xoom but gave unlocking and rooting a go. That was todays mistake! I flashed a 3g version of boot.img. Then I tried to flash back to stock img-file. Found out that it also was a 3g img-file. Flashed once more. Now it was a wifi-only boot.img. Now I'm stuck at the Motorola Dual Core logo with Starting RSD mode 3 written in top left corner. I can't shut this thing off or anything else but rebooting back to same screen. I really don't know what to do. I bought it yesterday from a man that bought it in the US a week ago so I can't go to the shop and I don't think there are any shop that can flash it for me because it's not available here in Sweden yet. Please help. I have RSD Lite installed and the correct drivers for the Xoom installed. I'm used to ADB but it can't find the device and fastboot doesn't see it either.
Edit. I can't go into fastboot mode.

Scourge1024
Old
Thanks Meter 18
Grab the wifi's boot.img off of here:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1017398

MileHighClubAV8R
Old
Thanks Meter 3
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=973355

This might be helpful. Not sure.

ClydeB1
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 4324

DONATE TO ME
Don't worry you are in good company, even BRD had the same problem. Here's how he fixed it:
Quote:
While I was in "RSD Mode 3" I did

Code:
fastboot flash boot boot.img
Even though there was no response from the device, I pressed Vol Down + power until the screen went black. I then quickly pressed and held Vol Up + power. The device then went into the bootloader, received the queued command from fastboot, and flashed the boot.img. Finally, I did

Code:
fastboot reboot
and was back in the game.

Guys, I think the moral of the story is to slow down and be careful with fastboot. You can bet i'll be a little more careful
Edit: Same advice as linked above by milehighclubAV8R
The Following User Says Thank You to ClydeB1 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

jai134
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
That doesn't do it. Propably it's some stupid misstake from me but I cannot do this because of " I pressed Vol Down + power until the screen went black". It wont get black. When I press Power + Vol down nothing happens. Am I doing something wrong. I have tried holding the buttons for about 30 seconds and nothing happens.

ClydeB1
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 4324

DONATE TO ME
Did you just press the buttons or did you also enter the fastboot code as suggested?

jai134
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
First cmd command then pressing the buttons. When I reboot using power + vol up it starts into RSD mode 3. When rebooting it with power + vol up then vol down when black it starts into the logo screen without any text in the upper left corner. Can't even shut it down with long press on power button
Can I pull the battery? On my Galaxy S that's the way out if I get in a boot loop or need to redo a failed flash.

ClydeB1
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 4324

DONATE TO ME
Not AFAIK, the unit is sealed and can't access the battery to pull it.

Perhaps ask in this thread - http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=973355, there may be more technical people seeing it there than in the general section.

jai134
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
OK. I will do that. Thank you for trying to help.

krat0s123
Old
Thanks Meter 13
Press power+volume up. Hold it til it restarts. Let go of both buttons once you see the motorola logo then just press volume down once, and you should be then able to cycle through 3 different modes. Press volume down to cycle to different modes, volume up to select. Hope that helps.

Sent from my Xoom using XDA Premium App
Sensation 4G
Permrooted S=Off with Engineering hboot

LG G2x
Gingerbread ROM
Rooted

mYTouch4G
Gingerbread ROM
Permrooted S=Off with Engineering hboot

TMobile G2
Gone with the wind

Quintuple Booting:
NexusHD2 v1.5 (New Favorite)
Bangster v1.5
Mdeejay Evo Sense v1.1 and v1.4 (best themed)
MCCM FRG33 Nexus1

Tablet
Motorola Xoom Verizon. Rooted and Unlocked