FORUMS

Galaxy S6 Weekly Shooting Challenge

Over in our forums this weekend, XDA Forum member DevonSloan has started a thread for talented … more

Which Features from Apple Watch Do You Think Android Wear Will Copy?

The Apple Watch and Android Wear are both growing platforms. Now … more

XDA Picks: Best Apps of the Week (May 15 – 22)

Apps are at the front and center of any smartphone experience, and with over a … more

Android 5.1 for the Nvidia Shield Tablet is Out!

Nvidia is quite good at delivering updates in a timely fashion. The producer of famous … more
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread

hemorrdroids full review of Desire S

15th April 2011, 04:06 PM |#1  
xdaman85's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag London
Thanks Meter: 25
 
More
hey guys I've just put the full review of the Desire S up on hemorrdroids.

You can find it here:
http://hemorrdroids.net/htc-desire-s-review/

I've done some benchmarks, and I've also tested it against the original Desire.

Hope you lot like it and hope it helps anyone looking to buy the Desire S.

Let me know what you lot think, thanks guys
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to xdaman85 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
 
 
15th April 2011, 04:24 PM |#2  
kartikk's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Chennai
Thanks Meter: 64
 
More
nice review
but i have a doubt
why is the desire hd having a higher quadrant score than the desire S?
15th April 2011, 04:47 PM |#3  
xdaman85's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag London
Thanks Meter: 25
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kartkk

nice review
but i have a doubt
why is the desire hd having a higher quadrant score than the desire S?

Yeh i'm not sure about it either, I ran the quadrant test so many times, and it never went higher than 1225. I find it odd, considering the Desire HD and Desire S share the same processor and gpu
17th April 2011, 07:30 PM |#4  
olyloh6696's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Flag Manchester
Thanks Meter: 1,551
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by xdaman85

Yeh i'm not sure about it either, I ran the quadrant test so many times, and it never went higher than 1225. I find it odd, considering the Desire HD and Desire S share the same processor and gpu

very nice review! thank you! but may i know why you decided to keep the dhd over the desire s? i am considering between the 2!

can you also pls kindly do a comparison between the dhd vs Desire S in web browsing speed?

thanks for the great review!
17th April 2011, 07:35 PM |#5  
Senior Member
Flag Los Angeles, CA
Thanks Meter: 400
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by xdaman85

Yeh i'm not sure about it either, I ran the quadrant test so many times, and it never went higher than 1225. I find it odd, considering the Desire HD and Desire S share the same processor and gpu

Well the desire s is running gingerbread right? We know 2.3 shows a big decrease in performance and quadrant scores on the nexus one and other phones. Example, n1 on froyo hits 1650 easily, but on 2.3 gingerbread it only gets 1100 or so, sometimes 1200.

So the desire s runs 2.3 so this doesn't surprise me. Though with its better CPU I would expect it to be a bit higher.
17th April 2011, 07:42 PM |#6  
olyloh6696's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Flag Manchester
Thanks Meter: 1,551
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by RogerPodacter

Well the desire s is running gingerbread right? We know 2.3 shows a big decrease in performance and quadrant scores on the nexus one and other phones. Example, n1 on froyo hits 1650 easily, but on 2.3 gingerbread it only gets 1100 or so, sometimes 1200.

So the desire s runs 2.3 so this doesn't surprise me. Though with its better CPU I would expect it to be a bit higher.

ah... i thought all android updates are meant to give it a speed increase and enhancements/optimizations :/ also the new sense ui is slightly heavier and will slow the phone down a bit.
18th April 2011, 12:19 AM |#7  
Senior Member
Flag Los Angeles, CA
Thanks Meter: 400
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by olyloh6696

ah... i thought all android updates are meant to give it a speed increase and enhancements/optimizations :/ also the new sense ui is slightly heavier and will slow the phone down a bit.

They are, but gingerbread seems to be opposite for some reason. Reduced performance.
18th April 2011, 12:01 PM |#8  
kartikk's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Chennai
Thanks Meter: 64
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by RogerPodacter

They are, but gingerbread seems to be opposite for some reason. Reduced performance.

hmm...that can be true
but linpac did give a higher score..
could it be that quadrant is not optimized for gingerbread ?
18th April 2011, 07:00 PM |#9  
Senior Member
Flag Los Angeles, CA
Thanks Meter: 400
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kartkk

hmm...that can be true
but linpac did give a higher score..
could it be that quadrant is not optimized for gingerbread ?

that's always possible, but quadrant and gingerbread have been around for a long time now. it seems to be across the board, i.e. cyan 7 or stock 2.3.3, always lower than froyo. i experience slower choppy scrolling and "chunky" lag on gingerbread, where froyo is just smooth as butter. so i just think something got borked in the newer code base. i just dont know...
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes