Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,730,130 Members 53,836 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Odd behavior - pull-bat resolved] Tesla Coil 1.5 - Airplane Mode

Tip us?

rvice
Old
(Last edited by rvice; 15th April 2011 at 09:51 PM.) Reason: Possible solution?
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Default [Odd behavior - pull-bat resolved] Tesla Coil 1.5 - Airplane Mode

A fresh flash of Tesla 1.5, booting in and then changing to "Airplane Mode On" then to "Airplane Mode Off" results in a reboot.

This is after a CMR 3.0.2.5 "wipe data/factory reset" has been performed. I was having the issue with all my apps restored from TI and decided to back up.

Next step is to go back to my pre-TC and try Sense again. If it still behaves that way there, there are more problems.

I came across this scenario when trying to resolve a 3G connectivity issue once WiFi is used. I can never use 3G unless I force a restart.

I have made a backup of the "wiped system" if that image will help with tracking the issue down.

Was very repeatable until...
I removed the battery. Stable without enabling WiFi
Enable Wifi -> Turn On Airplane mode -> Turn Off Airplane mode

Must have been something hanging on from all the flash/restores?

rvice
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
I have had this issue with TeslaCoil 1.5 and also switching back to the Sense ROM running the latest radios (one after Stock).

I then ran "adb logcat" and the phone powered down at the last line (there were many more lines going on, but nothing seemed to stick out):

D/ResourceType( 1757): calling getConfigurations
D/ResourceType( 1757): called getConfigurations size=230
I/CheckinTask( 1757): Checkin success: https://android.clients.google.com/checkin (1 requests sent)
I/CheckinService( 1757): From server: Intent { act=android.server.checkin.FOTA_CANCEL }
W/ActivityManager( 1560): Permission Denial: broadcasting Intent { act=android.server.checkin.FOTA_C
ANCEL } from com.google.android.gsf (pid=1757, uid=10012) requires android.permission.HTC_FOTA_UPDAT
E due to registered receiver BroadcastFilter{47b299c0 ReceiverList{47b29948 1560 system/1000 local:4
7ad5cf8}}
Tags
airplane mode, reboot, rom, tesla coil