Android L is for Lockdown

Root is, without a doubt, the (un)holy grail of the Android world. Those wonderful permissions that allow you as … more

XDA Xposed Tuesday: XHangouts Will Improve Your Hangouts

Ever since Google started supporting text messaging in Hangouts many people have … more

Shattered Screen? Turn Your Broken Device into a Complete Media Center!

A cracked screen usually means you’ll have to spend a hefty … more

Gmail 5.0: Material Design and Multiple Account Support

Google started to materialize many of its applications right after announcing the … more
Post Reply

HOW TO apply a 1024x600 hd wallpaper

OP cowballz69

16th April 2011, 06:23 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 38
 
670 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2007
this will blow your mind on how crystal clear the wallpapers can be when we use native 1024x600 resolution. this is not some blown up 480x800 blurry wallpapers we always see to acheve wallpaper scrolling wich I always have off cus it lags my scrolling


1. download multipicture live wallpaper
2. download a highdef wallpaper here wowallpapers.com/show_wallpaper/world/england_wallpaper_01_1024x600.jpg
3. go to live wallpapers and select multipicture live wallpaper
4. go to common settings - picture source - single picture and select the high def pic
5. then select crop resize ratio and select Show Entire Picture
6. go back and under drawer settings select transition type and select None.
7.go back and under picture folder selection uncheck double tap to change picture
8.then go to picture change interval select Never

enjoy the most unreal wallpaper on your nook. if u have adw select landscape oreintation only . because potrait kills the wallpaper
16th April 2011, 07:10 PM   |  #2  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 9
 
142 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2010
Or just check the long-standing steps posted in the OP of a stickied thread in this very forum There is a quick & dirty solution there, but also my steps to get a pixel-perfect wallpaper.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=889951

PS: 1024x600 is too small. You need a bigger image than that if you want to have it move in the background a keep an un-stretched image. We use the same size as the Galaxy, which is 1200x1024. That seems to give me the best results.
Last edited by swapdotavi; 16th April 2011 at 07:14 PM.
16th April 2011, 07:24 PM   |  #3  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 38
 
670 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2007
that method involves cropping the picture. my method SHOWS THE WHOLE 1024x600 picture (no croping)and its a tottaly diffrent way of the one that's posted on there. and I also mentioned I dont like having the wallpaper scroll at a cost of performance. if u wanna do it your way by all means I'm just sharing my way of doing things. cheers
16th April 2011, 07:30 PM   |  #4  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 9
 
142 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by cowballz69

that method involves cropping the picture. my method SHOWS THE WHOLE 1024x600 picture (no croping)and its a tottaly diffrent way of the one that's posted on there. and I also mentioned I dont like having the wallpaper scroll at a cost of performance. if u wanna do it your way by all means I'm just sharing my way of doing things. cheers

Well you only need to crop the image if it's not the right size already, which is true of any method of setting a wallpaper, including yours. Not to mention that your method breaks in 50% of supported orientations :P Hardly "tottaly diffrent..."

And I have no idea what performance hit you are seeing from having a scrolling wallpaper. I've had no issues at all on Android 2.1 or 2.3, both at stock or with an OC'ed kernal. I mean, you're of course welcome to use whatever settings you want, I just dont know what performance hit you're talking about.

Either way, this just seems like a bunch of extra steps to accomplish the same thing that has been posted previously, just with less functionality. I dont mean to sound malicious; I just dont understand what advantage you're offering people.
16th April 2011, 10:41 PM   |  #5  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 38
 
670 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by swapdotavi

Well you only need to crop the image if it's not the right size already, which is true of any method of setting a wallpaper, including yours. Not to mention that your method breaks in 50% of supported orientations :P Hardly "tottaly diffrent..."

And I have no idea what performance hit you are seeing from having a scrolling wallpaper. I've had no issues at all on Android 2.1 or 2.3, both at stock or with an OC'ed kernal. I mean, you're of course welcome to use whatever settings you want, I just dont know what performance hit you're talking about.

Either way, this just seems like a bunch of extra steps to accomplish the same thing that has been posted previously, just with less functionality. I dont mean to sound malicious; I just dont understand what advantage you're offering people.

wow I have to spoon feed u an understanding of what i acheved. read and read again. u get a 1024x600 native wallpaper on your nook on landscape. no chopping or visible blockyness. if u want a wallpaper that scrolls your method is prob good I never tryed it. but since I DO NOT have my wallpaper scroll I like to have the WHOLE picture visible and none of it hiding on the sides
17th April 2011, 06:37 AM   |  #6  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 9
 
142 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by cowballz69

wow I have to spoon feed u an understanding of what i acheved. read and read again.

... I need that gif of a rolleyes emoticon vomiting other, smaller rolleyes emoticons here I think.
20th May 2011, 05:49 PM   |  #7  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
1 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2011
Thumbs up Thank you so much
You are a genius cowballz69!!! Not only did this solve my problem and keep me from having to crop, resize, etc, etc, it also allowed me to have random wallpapers, different size wallpapers, etc. And they all scale excellently and look wonderful on my Nook Color! I was even able to mess around with the program settings and get an accpetable workaround for the wallpapers in portrait mode. (I have the mirror effect above and below the image, looks nice.) Thanks again!
Last edited by troublemagnet; 20th May 2011 at 05:58 PM. Reason: I acknowledged the wrong user.
20th May 2011, 07:25 PM   |  #8  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
4 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2011
Is this 1-1 pixel mapping when done either way?

I haven't even tried putting a wallpaper on other than the defaults yet, too busy exploring other NC features.
12th June 2011, 04:23 PM   |  #9  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 88
 
449 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2010
I tried every single method out there, this was the only one that really came out nice and crisp. Thanks man.

After reading up, i also tried ES File Explorer's Wallpaper function and got very good results, not as good as your method, but i would prefer to not run a live wallpaper if possible and got good results. I hope a surefire solution to this wallpaper situation shows up for the nook one day. I force the nook to landscape btw.
Last edited by quepaso; 12th June 2011 at 05:26 PM.
14th June 2011, 06:56 AM   |  #10  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 7
 
101 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by swapdotavi

... I need that gif of a rolleyes emoticon vomiting other, smaller rolleyes emoticons here I think.

You need the gift of shutting up and reading the OP. What he has found is BETTER and different than the info in the horribly outdated sticky...

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes