Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,728,708 Members 52,833 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Thread for Evo Shift on Boost Mobile

Tip us?

VICODAN
Old
Thanks Meter 475

DONATE TO ME
Adding this info to this thread since it seems relevant.

From http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?p=7726455

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackjumper85 View Post
Have you tried doing a profile update, thats how the fone gets its network access info and if the the fone is linked to your boost mobile account it should provide the username and password.

PS. What does the fone show up as if you look on your account online. Just curious.

Sent from my PC36100 using XDA App

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevesteve64 View Post
This is exactly what you need to do.. The phone that you cloned, to get the evo on the network.. You need to get the Shared AAA Secret and HA Shared Secret PAssword. I had this same problem with my EVo when cloning it with the samsung moment.. THIS IS WHAT YOU NEED! TRUST ME.. I spent months trying to figure out my problem and found it to be this.. This is the only method that can get you up and running. The HA Shared Secret is in Hex Format.. ill see if i can find that same guide that i used and post it later

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonsdog View Post
Just do a ##rtn# and reset it. That's what I did after I put my evo on boost. It did the hands free activation and everything. Try that

Quote:
Originally Posted by anthoneous View Post
IT WORKS!!

Hope this helps.

Again, you need to be on a Sense rom for these ## commands to work. I suggest flashing Supreme Sense, running the ##rtn# command, let the phone do hands free activation then update profile and PRL in phone settings -> software update.

It should then work and you will be able to flash back to CM7.

gmzombie
Old
(Last edited by gmzombie; 14th October 2011 at 06:20 PM.)
Thanks Meter 6
Default ok having some issues here

i have searched the interwebs for guides and whatnot and i found a good one at least it seems good but i cant get past the esn locations..no matter what i do i run down the complete list and do what i was told to do and it dosent 0 it out. there are like 30 or so that i go through? is that normal? i have rooted 2.2 with the radio of 1.07.00.1129. i got the phone to 0 out the meid but not the esn..??

Also while looking through all of the locations i sometimes find a meid that isnt quite all the way in like it dosent have the first 2 hexs 6 pairs out of 7..should i 0 them out too?

VICODAN
Old
Thanks Meter 475

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmzombie View Post
i have searched the interwebs for guides and whatnot and i found a good one at least it seems good but i cant get past the esn locations..no matter what i do i run down the complete list and do what i was told to do and it dosent 0 it out. there are like 30 or so that i go through? is that normal? i have rooted 2.2 with the radio of 1.07.00.1129. i got the phone to 0 out the meid but not the esn..??

Also while looking through all of the locations i sometimes find a meid that isnt quite all the way in like it dosent have the first 2 hexs 6 pairs out of 7..should i 0 them out too?
Not really sure. Have you tried doing a profile and PRL update twice and rebooting the phone twice? Have you tried ##rtn# and doing OTA?

gmzombie
Old
Thanks Meter 6
yea im not even to the profile step yet. still trying to do the unmentionable swap. but i have someone who can do it and is going to do it tomorrow for 15 dollars. just to 0 them out. i say well worth it now i dont have a headache

VICODAN
Old
Thanks Meter 475

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmzombie View Post
yea im not even to the profile step yet. still trying to do the unmentionable swap. but i have someone who can do it and is going to do it tomorrow for 15 dollars. just to 0 them out. i say well worth it now i dont have a headache
If you could post any tips here you learn tomorrow that would be awesome!

Hero_onboost
Old
(Last edited by Hero_onboost; 17th October 2011 at 06:09 PM.)
Thanks Meter 0
Default HALF flash

i recently went to another forum cdma gurus nad had assitance from "scuba" excelent guy knows exactly what he is doin but in the middle of my flash before we could really set even the calls up, he jumped off and hasnt returned i am messing around in qpst and cdmaws but i am kinda lost i have rewatched everything he has done but here is my issue, i have no evdo profile my calls wont go out it tells me error 16 switch 6 then throws me to sprint. i can recieve calls and my sms works just fine. but i really need my phone if any one can link me to a thread that has like perfect STEP BY STEP instructions on how to use a incognito as a donor phone and get the shift up and running i could care less about media mail since it get the direct download link and all i have to do is click download through my data. i have read up and down every forum i can find i really cant figure it out on my own i am missing to many key steps! thanks for any help at all. i love xda so much it has gotten me through alot =)[COLOR="Silver"]

roberthawkins
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hero_onboost View Post
i recently went to another forum cdma gurus nad had assitance from "scuba" excelent guy knows exactly what he is doin but in the middle of my flash before we could really set even the calls up, he jumped off and hasnt returned i am messing around in qpst and cdmaws but i am kinda lost i have rewatched everything he has done but here is my issue, i have no evdo profile my calls wont go out it tells me error 16 switch 6 then throws me to sprint. i can recieve calls and my sms works just fine. but i really need my phone if any one can link me to a thread that has like perfect STEP BY STEP instructions on how to use a incognito as a donor phone and get the shift up and running i could care less about media mail since it get the direct download link and all i have to do is click download through my data. i have read up and down every forum i can find i really cant figure it out on my own i am missing to many key steps! thanks for any help at all. i love xda so much it has gotten me through alot =)[COLOR="Silver"]
Sounds like your phone got flagged on the network. If you have another boost phone (doesn't matter which one) go to boostmobile.com, my account, update handset. Activate the other one. Leave it on and place a test call or two. Then go back and put the incognito esn back in. Your evo should work now.

On the shift, I can't get past scanning memory in WS without it booting the phone. Anytips?

ilaf0106
Old
Thanks Meter 17
Is there a way to get a guide on how to flash?? I'm sorry but I'm not fond of sending out my phone to someone... so if there is please let me know.

Sent from my PG06100 using XDA App

acme64
Old
Thanks Meter 66
Post PDF Manual

Im not sure how to post the pdf...or how this works out with the flashing process because I have never done it on my personal phone, but someone asked for a step by step, i have the PDF for that step by step that you need in order to convert the evo shift into boost.

VICODAN
Old
Thanks Meter 475

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by acme64 View Post
Im not sure how to post the pdf...or how this works out with the flashing process because I have never done it on my personal phone, but someone asked for a step by step, i have the PDF for that step by step that you need in order to convert the evo shift into boost.
Please click the paper clip icon when you reply and attach it to your next post.

Info for Virgin:

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexanderkr1 View Post
You're definitely going to need those keys from the OV.

The HA shared secret is: "vmug33k" (text string) This is standard on all VM phones, and will actually get you 1x Speeds.

The AAA is going to be located in one of your NV Items. On the Optimus, I'm not actually sure which item it is, BUT..

Use QPST, launch the EFS Explorer, goto the NVM folder and pull these keys (copy and paste) to a folder on your desktop:

465, 465_1, 466, 466_1, 1192, 1194

Use a program called HxD Editor to read these items.

On the Intercept, the AAA is located in 466_1... Again, not sure about the OV.

When viewing with HxD, look for an NV item with "vmug33k" on the right.. Under it will be your AAA Key...

It will look like something like this:

Now you have both keys!

Input/Write these keys onto the new phone in QPST/Service Programming/ Under the M.IP tab. Making sure to match ALL information in this tab with the donor. Also, make sure when entering the keys to switch it to "text string"

Think that should get it!

Any questions just ask!

Kev