5,594,438 Members 32,886 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Tablet will not turn on

Tip us?

Citi
Old
(Last edited by Citi; 18th April 2011 at 08:31 PM.)
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 5
Default Tablet will not turn on

I followed this guide http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=861950 (Roebeet's post) which brought me back to stock.

However, when I apply the 1.1-3588 the tablet shuts off and is unable to be turned back on. The only way to turn it back on is to run the nvflash_gtablet batch file. At which point a receive a notice saying 'The update to version 1.1-3588' was not successful. Please try again or contact customer support.'

Why is the tablet unresponsive after the failed update? Why must I NVFlash to reactivate the screen?

I searched through the forums for the past hour and although I found similar problems I have yet to run into my exact one. I am hoping to find some help.

Edit*

I have the same problem as another user which can be found here http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=903684

Quote:
I can NVFlash the stock image (or even the NVFlash of TnT-lite 1.02) and the tablet will boot after the flash and function. Power it off (or do something that requires a reboot) and the tablet will no longer function. No power on (that I can tell), can't boot to recovery......and if I plug the tablet in to the PC I can NVFlash it and it boots. It's like it's stuck in APX mode now. I just have to plug it in to the PC, no Power + Volume- combo.....just plug the USB in and run NVFlash. It boots (to whatever I flashed) and will run until I power it off or try to reboot.

Getting APX mode to function is not a problem......so I can NVFlash it but what I've tried so far has not worked (it doesn't delete the data partition, etc..as I reflash and it's right where it was before I turned it off).
The fix posted by acidburn89 was unsuccessful for me

butchconner
Old
(Last edited by butchconner; 17th April 2011 at 04:38 PM.)
Thanks Meter 137
Citi,

I'm not sure exactly what you are doing, but if you are getting the message
you described, that sounds more like you are booting in recovery or a regular
boot and not APX (Power/Volume - to be the white, the black APX NVFlash screen).

My suggestion is to do the stock recovery NVFlash Procedure again. Check
everything step by step to make sure the right files are there and the right
things done.

See if you can complete that and get back to a working bekit 1105 (Stock
Version 2638).

If you can do that, go into Settings/Display and set it so the display does not
turn off).

THEN, if it offers you the OTA Update, let it run.

If it is unsuccessful again, post back here and I will see if I can find the file
and instructions to load 3588 manually.

Hope this helps,

Rev

Citi
Old
(Last edited by Citi; 17th April 2011 at 05:49 PM.)
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 5
Ok so I reread Roebeets NVFlash post and double checked my files. All of them are there and in the correct location. I set up my USB drivers, booted into APX mode and ran the nvflash_gtablet.bat

Then the tablet loads properly into the stock TNT 2638. After setting up my WiFi I get a notification that the 3588 update is available. I download the update and after it ask me if I would like to apply now or later. I have tried both options however both seem to fail.

At this point if I hit apply now it shuts down the tablet however it does not turn on. The only way to turn it on is using nvflash_gtablet.bat file. Which it then boots up properly (and it is not wiped, it's as if it is jut turning on normally)and I either get one of two errors.

'The update to version 1.1-3588' was not successful. Please try again or contact customer support.'

or

'The update process cannot proceed due to an unrecoverable error. More information about the error is below, 'Verify checksum: file was not found. Downloaded file does not exist.null'

Hope this helps, I am not new to rooting/flashing roms but this is a completely new error to me.

butchconner
Old
(Last edited by butchconner; 17th April 2011 at 07:52 PM.)
Thanks Meter 137
Citi,

Did you do what I said about setting the display not to go off?
I tell people to do that because I have heard that it can
interrupt the download.

Whatever is happening, it seems like the download is not happening
or not finishing.

You can go to the Developer Forum (or there may be one in General)
and find the thread that tells where to download the .zip version of
the OTA 3588 download.

Then go down to end of the top 4349 thread in General and I wrote a post there for a
guy on how to install an update from the .zip file.

Rev

Citi
Old
(Last edited by Citi; 18th April 2011 at 06:13 AM.)
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 5
Yup I set the display to never turn off. However, it seems as if I have this problem http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=999832

I am currently working on this method

Edit* Well I figured out the exact problem however the link I posted was unable to solve it

Another thread on my problem, and the fix found to work for others has not worked for me,
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=903684
Stock Galaxy Nexus

Citi
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 5
Just bumping this as it is still relevant and it seems to be a unique issue, as all past solutions have yet to fix this problem. I spent the whole day on IRC and have seemed to stump a few people. Looks like I may have the first fully bricked tablet
Stock Galaxy Nexus

K J Rad
Old
Thanks Meter 97
Have you tried re-partitioning?

Citi
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 5
Can't get into CWM to do so, stuck in an infinite APX mode and I can only turn the power on via an NVFlash
Stock Galaxy Nexus
The Following User Says Thank You to Citi For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

rbansal2
Old
Thanks Meter 12

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Citi View Post
Can't get into CWM to do so, stuck in an infinite APX mode and I can only turn the power on via an NVFlash
get the recovery.img from from cwm .8 zip file and then use nvFlash to load that.

nvflash --bl bootloader.bin --download 9 recovery.img

(make sure you put the recovery.img in you nvFlash folder and then issue the command above. That will install cwm .8)

from what you wrote above it seems like you are getting stuck in apx mode when you reboot. So my question is what files did you download to setup your nvFlash????

Citi
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 5
I will attempt to load CWM using NVFlash, and I followed this guide EXACTLY http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=861950 for NVFlash for windows
Stock Galaxy Nexus