5,606,588 Members 36,156 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Fix- Battery drain 2.3.3 - high android OS

Tip us?
 
xmfpdlemalnz@hotmail.com
Old
#1  
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 17
Posts: 338
Join Date: Sep 2010
Default Fix- Battery drain 2.3.3 - high android OS

Hi there

I just like to share my experience with battery drain in both JVK and JVB and give you a possible fix.

I experienced battery drain both in jvk and jvb and when you go setting - battery check, I would see high android OS - up to 60 percent which just drank the juice out of my phone.

I've decided to test all the apps, deleting one by one in order to locate which app was causing this problem and I found it to be "software update".

So here is a possible fix for you guys who are experiencing similar problem.

Go to setting - manage apps - all apps - find software update - delete data

In both JVK and JVB it solved my battery drain problem almost instanly.
I also did battery recalibration but doubt it played any part.

I hope above method will solve the battery drain problem.



P.S

does anyone know what exactly software update does?
and how to delete it completely off the phone.
I doubt I will be using OTA update or anything like that since I'm a big fan of odin.

Cheers
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to xmfpdlemalnz@hotmail.com For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
SpaZzzzz
Old
#2  
SpaZzzzz's Avatar
Member
Thanks Meter 3
Posts: 50
Join Date: Feb 2011
thanks man.
i'm checking it out, i really hope this solution works!

this is my second night in a row, where im going to sleep with exactly 89 percent battery and when i got up i saw the phone is at 8 percent.

made me so pissed i wanted to go back to my sony-erricsson from 2005
 
PAGOT
Old
(Last edited by PAGOT; 17th April 2011 at 12:18 PM.) Reason: Added a link.
#3  
PAGOT's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 322
Posts: 1,451
Join Date: Dec 2007

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by xmfpdlemalnz@hotmail.com View Post
...fix...
P.S

does anyone know what exactly software update does?
and how to delete it completely off the phone.
I doubt I will be using OTA update or anything like that since I'm a big fan of odin.

Cheers
Hmm, this "fix" was kinda known a long time ago? (you can see it even in the thread called something with Android OS and few more) http://goo.gl/Hpc5a . And I think its the OTA update which does nothing currently. Hmm, am confused about your question. You ask what it does then you say you wont need it anyway .

And for example freeze it with titanium backup? Now when click the option it does nothing (no fc and phone works normally)

^ don't have that phone anymore, too lazy to change the picture...

LG G2
Stock 4.2.2 with G2 Xposed variant 0
echo 0 > /sys/class/leds/button-backlight/brightness
chmod 444 /sys/class/leds/button-backlight/brightness
echo "who cares, always changes with the kernel..." > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/UV_mV_table


Quadrant score never matters!
 
xmfpdlemalnz@hotmail.com
Old
#4  
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 17
Posts: 338
Join Date: Sep 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by PAGOT View Post
Hmm, this "fix" was kinda known a long time ago? (you can see it even in the thread called something with Android OS and few more) http://goo.gl/Hpc5a . And I think its the OTA update which does nothing currently. Hmm, am confused about your question. You ask what it does then you say you wont need it anyway .

And for example freeze it with titanium backup? Now when click the option it does nothing (no fc and phone works normally)
Yea just found out that this fix was known a long time ago.
Well, I hope this helps some people anyway..

anyone know how to delete this software update apk??
 
PAGOT
Old
#5  
PAGOT's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 322
Posts: 1,451
Join Date: Dec 2007

 
DONATE TO ME
Do you read what I wrote? The same way you can freeze it, you can delete it... Best with titanium backup, should be foolproof enough. Do a backup before etc.

^ don't have that phone anymore, too lazy to change the picture...

LG G2
Stock 4.2.2 with G2 Xposed variant 0
echo 0 > /sys/class/leds/button-backlight/brightness
chmod 444 /sys/class/leds/button-backlight/brightness
echo "who cares, always changes with the kernel..." > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/UV_mV_table


Quadrant score never matters!
 
xRainbowZx
Old
#6  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 21
Join Date: Dec 2010
Deleted the data and also the apk! Nothing changed
 
xmfpdlemalnz@hotmail.com
Old
#7  
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 17
Posts: 338
Join Date: Sep 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by PAGOT View Post
Do you read what I wrote? The same way you can freeze it, you can delete it... Best with titanium backup, should be foolproof enough. Do a backup before etc.
Sorry! It's really late where I live right now lol
missed couple of your sentences as I'm half asleep.
I'll definitely try it tomorrow.
 
xmfpdlemalnz@hotmail.com
Old
#8  
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 17
Posts: 338
Join Date: Sep 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by xRainbowZx View Post
Deleted the data and also the apk! Nothing changed
what do you mean?
battery drain still happening???
 
xRainbowZx
Old
#9  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 21
Join Date: Dec 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by xmfpdlemalnz@hotmail.com View Post
what do you mean?
battery drain still happening???
Yes, i triedd also to delete sns apk and email.. nothing.. also to delete samsung account data :( ... i have the brightness setted on 20% !! and i lose 10% of battery every hour in standby.. i unplugged the device at 10:00 am and now i'm oat 40% ot battery.. with a really small use :-/
 
PAGOT
Old
#10  
PAGOT's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 322
Posts: 1,451
Join Date: Dec 2007

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by xRainbowZx View Post
Yes, i triedd also to delete sns apk and email.. nothing.. also to delete samsung account data :( ... i have the brightness setted on 20% !! and i lose 10% of battery every hour in standby.. i unplugged the device at 10:00 am and now i'm oat 40% ot battery.. with a really small use :-/
Ok but is your Android OS usage high? like 40-60 percent? Or something else is high?

^ don't have that phone anymore, too lazy to change the picture...

LG G2
Stock 4.2.2 with G2 Xposed variant 0
echo 0 > /sys/class/leds/button-backlight/brightness
chmod 444 /sys/class/leds/button-backlight/brightness
echo "who cares, always changes with the kernel..." > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/UV_mV_table


Quadrant score never matters!

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes