Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,813,216 Members 53,337 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum
View Poll Results: Would you like to have the option of a "Desktop UI" web browser?
Yes 311 97.19%
No 9 2.81%
Voters: 320. You may not vote on this poll

please delete

Tip us?

Lokifish Marz
Old
(Last edited by Lokifish Marz; 7th August 2014 at 07:53 PM.)
Recognized Contributor / Recognized Developer - OP
Thanks Meter 3,277

DONATE TO ME
Default please delete

please delete
Ubuntop- U4A/Webtop hybrid for all Tegra2 Motorola phones (Fully integrated Ubuntu Desktop)
Live ROM (One "ROM" over 12 phones) (Featured on XDA Portal and multiple other sites around the world and as base by many devs)
Imperium Initiative Photon (used as base by many Photon devs)
Imperium Initiative LS970 (used as base by many LS970 devs)
Imperium Agent LS970 (LS970 version of Live ROM)
Evo Desktop PC (Featured on XDA Portal and multiple other sites around the world)
(Nexus Q)uantum Singularity Project (Media Center, File Server, Website Server, LinuxonAndroid in little black ball of joy)
Umeox x201 EnSec Enhanced Security Patch and Live ROM Installer (used by multiple devs world wide on over 6 different models/versions of x201's)
Every Android device I've owned since the Hero- Media Center, File Server, Website Server
The Following 37 Users Say Thank You to Lokifish Marz For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Lokifish Marz
Old
(Last edited by Lokifish Marz; 22nd April 2011 at 05:28 PM.)
Thanks Meter 3,277

DONATE TO ME
I will be handling port requests through my website. If there is enough demand and the device can support it, I will work with developers to get this ported to your device. Start a thread in your respective device's forum to see if there is enough demand and refer them to this thread and the website for details.

To make things easier you device needs the following:
The ability to run a CyanogenMod 7 ROM
High resolution video out (HDMI preferred for ease of porting)
Ubuntop- U4A/Webtop hybrid for all Tegra2 Motorola phones (Fully integrated Ubuntu Desktop)
Live ROM (One "ROM" over 12 phones) (Featured on XDA Portal and multiple other sites around the world and as base by many devs)
Evo Desktop PC (Featured on XDA Portal and multiple other sites around the world)
(Nexus Q)uantum Singularity Project (Media Center, File Server, Website Server, LinuxonAndroid in little black ball of joy)
Umeox x201 EnSec Enhanced Security Patch and Live ROM Installer (used by multiple devs world wide on over 6 different models/versions of x201's)
Every Android device I've owned since the Hero- Media Center, File Server, Website Server
The Following User Says Thank You to Lokifish Marz For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

33colburn
Old
Thanks Meter 5
Default way cool.

I thought this would be possible when I bought my EVO. I can't wait to try this.

Thanks lokifish
The Following User Says Thank You to 33colburn For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Lokifish Marz
Old
Thanks Meter 3,277

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by 33colburn View Post
I thought this would be possible when I bought my EVO. I can't wait to try this.

Thanks lokifish
I actually had something like about ten years ago. I used a Toshiba E740 and the A/V Dock to do it.

ThatTmoGuy
Old
Thanks Meter 4
how about a video in action so we can see what its like?

ahavens17
Old
Thanks Meter 59

DONATE TO ME
I've been wanting to try this forever. However I've upgraded to CM7 and they don't have the mouse pointer support, so I guess I'll have to wait to see if/when it's included. I want it, but not bad enough to downgrade to CM6. Back to rockin angry birds on the 50" Plasma. Although I'm using HDMwIn.

[SIZE="1"]EVO 4G
HW 003 | HBoot 0.97.0000
PRL 60677 | Radio 2.15.00.05.02
Rooted, S=OFF | Recovery:TWRP v1.1.1
Rom:MIUI 2.5.4 | Krnl:Stock |

Asus Transformer Prime TF201
Serial: BCOKAS
Rooted, Unlocked | Recovery:TWRP 2.1.3
Rom:AndroWook Prime v1.33 Custom | Krnl:Motley v3.0.4

Lokifish Marz
Old
Thanks Meter 3,277

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahavens17 View Post
I've been wanting to try this forever. However I've upgraded to CM7 and they don't have the mouse pointer support, so I guess I'll have to wait to see if/when it's included. I want it, but not bad enough to downgrade to CM6. Back to rockin angry birds on the 50" Plasma. Although I'm using HDMwIn.
I was really happy when I saw mouse pointers in the commit for CM7 but it ended up getting rejected. The rumor was for cosmetic reasons which if true is pretty lame. I also have issue with the stability/bugs of CM7 too but that's a different matter.

The setup really doesn't depend on one app or the other for mirroring.

DonSolo
Old
Thanks Meter 123
Wonder why this thread isn't on fire! This is groundbreaking! I'm about to switch romz just to test and see what u come up wit

Sent from the Hood in my Fallout Vault!
I ball so hard you may think that I'm Kobe

Release the BABY!!!!!!!!
The Following User Says Thank You to DonSolo For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
gqstatus0685 Old
Thanks Meter 0
Subscribed and bumped to the top.

Sent from my PC36100 using XDA App
The Following User Says Thank You to For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

ahavens17
Old
Thanks Meter 59

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lokifish Marz View Post
I was really happy when I saw mouse pointers in the commit for CM7 but it ended up getting rejected. The rumor was for cosmetic reasons which if true is pretty lame. I also have issue with the stability/bugs of CM7 too but that's a different matter.

The setup really doesn't depend on one app or the other for mirroring.

Yea, I had i asked about it over on the CM7 Thread, and this was the conversation over there, and the response that I had gotten.So hopefully in CM7.1??

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeitzen View Post
Hello all,

First, let me say what an Awesome ROM CM is. I love it and I love CM7 even better.

I was hoping to request that the Mouse Pointer for BT HiD mice that was in CM6 could be brought into CM7?

I would make a huge impact on my use of the ROM and I am sure for others also.

HDMI mirroring and the cursor = perfection.
Quote:
Originally Posted by e-motion View Post
Anyone know if that is even being worked on ? Now that we have HDMI, 4G, keyboard via BT, it is the last remaining piece of the puzzle to make the EVO a full-fledge laptop replacement when traveling...
I wanted to ask this question again, does anyone have any other information regarding the mouse pointer? I ask because this thread mentions the possibility of it being included in CM7 Final. I was able to get the HID support for the keyboard to work with Bluetooth just like on RC4, however still no mouse pointer that I'm able to locate.

Quote:
There are a few CM6 features that arenít part of CM7 yet, but they are in the queue for 7.1 already.
Quote:
Originally Posted by VaughnOnix View Post
Source: http://www.cyanogenmod.com/blog/cyan...d-7-0-released

Edit: After reading over the submitted change from the before-mentioned thread, I can see why it was not included. The easiest-to-explain issue is the fact that the mouse pointer is static in size and color, regardless of theme or screen resolution.

[SIZE="1"]EVO 4G
HW 003 | HBoot 0.97.0000
PRL 60677 | Radio 2.15.00.05.02
Rooted, S=OFF | Recovery:TWRP v1.1.1
Rom:MIUI 2.5.4 | Krnl:Stock |

Asus Transformer Prime TF201
Serial: BCOKAS
Rooted, Unlocked | Recovery:TWRP 2.1.3
Rom:AndroWook Prime v1.33 Custom | Krnl:Motley v3.0.4